The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    the chase is great but the rules need tweaking..so many are coasting in on minus and the pot is small. even when someone goes and gets 30 thou the others can chip away at it. so what if at the end of a game when the chaser loses and the contestants win the cash is divvied up according to how much they each brought back
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Dawkins book, either Bradley swallowed a word or it was incorrectly worded.
    The title is The Magic of reality not The Magic Reality.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    the chase is great but the rules need tweaking..so many are coasting in on minus and the pot is small. even when someone goes and gets 30 thou the others can chip away at it. so what if at the end of a game when the chaser loses and the contestants win the cash is divvied up according to how much they each brought back

This is what killed off Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. The quality of contestant started to get worse and none of them wanted to risk going for a bigger prize. Some were quitting at £4-8 thousand, which doesn't make for good tv.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    Yes that'd be better. Then there could be low offers but not negative, otherwise some would get through to the final, fight to win but go home out of pocket! (Would they still ask the others for advice?)

Similarly, their share could depend on contribution in the final, so someone who gets it wrong or passes too quickly several times loses prize share. Not sure how it might work.

How about not giving each player an extra step in the final chase? Then there's no reason to encourage a weak player to go low/negative. The team could be given a veto on accepting a weak player into the team if they go negative.

Make the cashbuilder 30 seconds longer so the amounts are a bit bigger and they have more chance of not having a run of 'difficult' (for them) questions.

Another idea: each contestant has one chance to ask the team for an answer when they're struggling if they're on the edge of going out.

Yes, I'm rambling.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the US version has amounts in the cashbuilder go up on $5000 steps , if I recall correctly, so the middle amounts earned are usually substantial , even accounting for exchange rates but less incentive to go for higher. I think people rarely go low there but then, they are an excitable lot and the contestants are often graduates. You don't get housewives and the Joe Publics you see on the UK Chase. Also I doubt ITV could afford it if all the amounts, earned or offered were bumped up.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who are good with the stats, could someone tell me how many times Ann is on compared to the others? She seems to be on twice a week for the last month, and as she is my least favourite chaser I don't bother watching those episodes.

It also seems that Mark doesn't do as many as the others, I'm sure part of that is the fact he does the US Chase as well.
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    shell go minus
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Individually this team aren't great but together they should give Paul a good run in Final Chase.
    Forum Member
    Pot could have been a whole lot more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't go low and perhaps should have gone for the £66k. Never mind.

Fairly good team. If they work well together they could do well.
    Forum Member
    Bill, chime in when you're ready
    Forum Member
    Nice one Bill
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they could do better than 20.
    Forum Member
    Paull will win.
    Forum Member
    what a dumb answer
    Forum Member
    wow. Well done Alex and Sandra
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see a win :)
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great display by Paul until he slipped up with the skin answer, he seemed to panic then under pressure.

Well done team.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul is so gracious in defeat, he seems a really nice man.
    Saw him on the telly once doing stand up comedy. he was funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul is so gracious in defeat, he seems a really nice man.
    Saw him on the telly once doing stand up comedy. he was funny.
    Yes, I thought so too.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    Those who are good with the stats, could someone tell me how many times Ann is on compared to the others? She seems to be on twice a week for the last month, and as she is my least favourite chaser I don't bother watching those episodes.

It also seems that Mark doesn't do as many as the others, I'm sure part of that is the fact he does the US Chase as well.

All Chasers have had an equal amount of episodes thus far, it's just that their episode placings make it seem like some have more than others.

SHOWS:

Mark - 22
    Anne - 22
    Shaun - 22
    Paul - 23
    Forum Member
    Was this a new episode?
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    Was this a new episode?

Yes. :)
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    Was this a new episode?

Yes. Episode 91 of Series 8, to be precise. https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-chase
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great win. Thought they were gonners when they got the Berlusconi question wrong.
This discussion has been closed.