What was Jason wearing?

samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well I have seen everything - fancy wearing a tassel instead of a tie. I think Jason was recycling old curtains bought from the Oxfam Shop and used the material for his jacket and nicked the tassel from the one tie-backs.

Jason has started a new fashion label called "Char-ee-tee Humour". Very funny - think he was trying to emulate Harry Hill. His fashion sense has plummeted to new depths.

Comments

• lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    Well I have seen everything - fancy wearing a tassel instead of a tie. I think Jason was recycling old curtains bought from the Oxfam Shop and used the material for his jacket and nicked the tassel from the one tie-backs.

Jason has started a new fashion label called "Char-ee-tee Humour". Very funny - think he was trying to emulate Harry Hill. His fashion sense has plummeted to new depths.

My other half was saying the same thing, and we are very much looking forward to what Harry Hill will be making of it this week:D. It shows though, if you are a "fashion" expert you can wear any old "sh*t" (no pun intended as it is Jason:D), whereas normal people would be asked whether there are still alright up there.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Fashion Victim rather than expert I would say!!!
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an Alexander McQueen outfit. I think Jason's wearing his clothes as a tribute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    It was an Alexander McQueen outfit. I think Jason's wearing his clothes as a tribute.

That's nice of him, but it doesn't make the outfit better.

I'm sad that Alexander McQueen died (I'm sad about anyone dying at what I would call young age). However, I refuse to like his fashion outfits just because of his tragic death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's nice of him, but it doesn't make the outfit better.

I'm sad that Alexander McQueen died (I'm sad about anyone dying at what I would call young age). However, I refuse to like his fashion outfits just because of his tragic death.

I've never really understood a lot of purist fashion. Some of it just looks ridiculous to me. But it seems very cruel to make fun of someone's outfit, especially as they are wearing it as a tribute.

Then again Jason could save a bus load of kids from a river and the OP would say he only did it to promote himself. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never really understood a lot of purist fashion. Some of it just looks ridiculous to me. But it seems very cruel to make fun of someone's outfit, especially as they are wearing it as a tribute.

Then again Jason could save a bus load of kids from a river and the OP would say he only did it to promote himself. :sleep:

I think this is highly unlikely, he probably would tell them that their leg lines didn't look right, and that they should be more elegant as they are drowning:p (this was a joke, just before anyone jumps on me):D..

Lady Gaga wore her outfit at the Brits as a tribute to Alexander McQueen, I didn't think that was a particular good outfit either. I think it's cruel to make jokes about the person who died and the manner they died in, however, I think it should be perfectly alright to criticise the work of someone who has passed away.

In this case, I didn't even know it was a tribute before I criticised it, but I certainly won't be saying now that I think his outfit is great just because he wears it as a tribute.

As I said it's nice of him to pay a tribute, but it also leaves him open to criticism (for his fashion sense).
  • mandyxxxxmandyxxxx Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't actually mind the jacket, but the tassle-tie...sorry but that was a fashion step too far for me. It just looked silly.
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too didn't know the jacket was designed by Alexander McQueen. I am very sorry he died, especially at such a young age - absolutely tragic. Although he was a very successful designer - doesn't mean you have to like his work and if what Jason wears is a reflection of it - then haute couture is laughable when someone has more money then sense and ends up looking like Jason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to laugh at the neck 'garnish' that he had. I bet Harry Hill is going to have a field day...maybe bring the cat he had on from 'pineapple dance studio's' play with Jason's neck...decoration. It was hideous. In a video he said his outfit cost 70 000 pounds...I think he got ripped off...lol !
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember most of the outfit, the tassle reminded me of a Christmas tree. :)
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we please have Knitted Jason Gardiner replacing the real one? The knitted version is much more appealing to look at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we please have Knitted Jason Gardiner replacing the real one? The knitted version is much more appealing to look at.

You probably like his big ears. He was wearing a toilet roll as well:D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Oh god yes, that... bloody... tassel thing? Was there a need? It looked like the pull-handle on a toilet chain. It was marginally less ridiculous than his hanky / bib neck attire from last week I guess.

While I appreciate the sentiment that Jason was wearing his outfit in tribute to the designer, I've never really bought into the whole 'this outfit makes me look like a complete tool but I'm wearing it because it costs a lot of money and therefore must be the height of fashion" thing. Honestly. How he got a job on This Morning advising people on what to wear when he regularly dresses like a nutcase is beyond me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Droog83 wrote: »
    Oh god yes, that... bloody... tassel thing? Was there a need? It looked like the pull-handle on a toilet chain. It was marginally less ridiculous than his hanky / bib neck attire from last week I guess.

While I appreciate the sentiment that Jason was wearing his outfit in tribute to the designer, I've never really bought into the whole 'this outfit makes me look like a complete tool but I'm wearing it because it costs a lot of money and therefore must be the height of fashion" thing. Honestly. How he got a job on This Morning advising people on what to wear when he regularly dresses like a nutcase is beyond me.

Don't hold back Droog83:D. How is your Pavel withdrawal going? I realised this week, that I would like to see him again. Only two weeks to the final.
    Forum Member
    Don't hold back Droog83:D. How is your Pavel withdrawal going? I realised this week, that I would like to see him again. Only two weeks to the final.

I only pretend to this aggression towards Jason to mask the deep, abiding love for him that permeates my very being :D;)

Pavel withdrawal is hellish :( missing him hugely and have been howling in agony at the thought of not even getting to see him on the tour! NOOOOOO! Seeing him in the final in a couple of weeks is my last tiny island of salvation ;) How are you coping?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Droog83 wrote: »
    I only pretend to this aggression towards Jason to mask the deep, abiding love for him that permeates my very being :D;)

Pavel withdrawal is hellish :( missing him hugely and have been howling in agony at the thought of not even getting to see him on the tour! NOOOOOO! Seeing him in the final in a couple of weeks is my last tiny island of salvation ;) How are you coping?

I thought that must be the reason:p.

Actually not very well as well. I still remember him with Jess last year (and although I supported Donal, I still supported Pavel as well). Maybe they could get Jess and Pavel back to skate the bolero:D:D:D. It it wrong that I want to marry him?
    Forum Member
    I thought that must be the reason:p.

Actually not very well as well. I still remember him with Jess last year (and although I supported Donal, I still supported Pavel as well). Maybe they could get Jess and Pavel back to skate the bolero:D:D:D. It it wrong that I want to marry him?

YES IT'S VERY WRONG OF YOU TO WANT THAT!! HE'S MINE I TELL YOU!!! ;)

Agree with the rest... I'd love to see Jess skate with him on the tour but she's up the duff :( bah. (I mean congrats to her obviously, but bah all the same!) Oh I do miss him! Only 2 more weeks LDM, only 2 more weeks. Cling to this thought! :D

I hope he gets someone good to skate with next year... that is (gulp) if he's back next year? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its hilarious that so many people professing to know about Fashion are critising the individual elements of Jason's outfits.

There's been alternatives to Ties around for generations, whilst not to my personal taste, I see nothing wrong in a fashion sense with it. Still, if Jason turned up next week in an ordinary suit and tie the OP would still be having a go
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the day, we all know Jason likes to be the centre of attention & get noticed. Wearing a regular suit & tie like say Nicky does isn't going to help. (Nicky just seeks attention with some Bizarre scoring instead)

Wearing 'flamboyant' clothing is going to get him noticed & talked about and he knows it.

It's the same with Holly & displaying her cleavage. I have no objection to this and am very much in the 'if you've got it flaunt it' camp. But I do have to laugh when she then says that she is surprised that it's written about so much. Really girl?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason does wear some very odd clothes.