These lads are lovely, really hope they get work :(
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heres Malcolm :p
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Programs like this are just annoying. Im sure that stereotypes around the country arent real just something we see on tv.

I mean all christians arent fanatics
    All brummies arent thick
    all doodahs arent whatever (cant think of any other)

and all people from north manchester arent dirty chavs or whatever.

I live around there and have 10 o'levels (yeah Im old) left school and asked for a job which I got and worked full time until I left to travel New Zealand. Came back and was unemployed for a week before being offered a job I applied for before travelling. Since then I have various other qualifications which to be honest Im never sure whats best amongst them as they keep changing.

As I said before its only the ones who want TV fame who jump at being laughed at. I must add having lived around here for 15yrs Ive NEVER seen gypsy horses being trotted over the road. I wouldnt mind if I had as Ive seen a fair number of strange things and I accept the area I live isnt full of perfect people but is any area?

Agree with what you say about stereotyping, but to be fair only a minority of those featured could be described as 'dirty chavs' ad you put it. Most seem to be trying to improve their lives. I grew up in middleton & I'll always be proud of my heritage despite having been lucky enough to work in some pretty nice parts of the world. By the way I remember seeing ponies tethered when I went to harpurhey baths for swimming lessons...more than 30yrs ago mind, don't tend to venture south of middleton when I visit home so couldn't comment on more recent pony activity.