Options

Hebden Bridge

2»

Comments

• Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They used to have lots of lovely antique shops. Bought quite a lot of furniture from there.
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    <<< Todmorden here.

Always worth a visit, there's Hardcastle Crags if you like nature, some great pubs in the centre if you like booze, and the Trades Club always has excellent gigs on if you like music. Last week I saw Reverend And The Makers, and this weekend just gone I saw JP Cooper and Ed Harcourt. In a few weeks Space are playing there :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its alright. I've been there . Nothing to write home about though .
  • Options
    BabsefcBabsefc Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's a lovely day. Hope you enjoy your visit :)
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think so...

Doesn't really matter what you think. You are wrong.
    It’s a delightful location off the beaten track where my friends daughter has lived for years and raised her family.

Methinks you doth protest too much. Perhaps she bats for both sides?????

OP - there's a turning circle at the top end of the town, which you use to go up a very steep hill which takes you into the hills to an area called Hardcastle Crags. Gorgeous area, little river running a couple of miles towards Hebden Bridge, loads of little grassy areas to pull off by the side of the water.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doesn't really matter what you think. You are wrong.

Methinks you doth protest too much. Perhaps she bats for both sides?????

OP - there's a turning circle at the top end of the town, which you use to go up a very steep hill which takes you into the hills to an area called Hardcastle Crags. Gorgeous area, little river running a couple of miles towards Hebden Bridge, loads of little grassy areas to pull off by the side of the water.

Giggity.

There's also a little real ale pub at one side of the crags, can't remember which side though - possibly the Midgehole side.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like Glastonbury-without-the-tor or Totnes

only with lesbians
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you fancy going back again in about 5 months,OP,I've heard they have a spectacular Bonfire Night event in Hebden Bridge.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been today and enjoyed it, especially the little individual shops and the views from the town. The scenery between Halifax and Hebden Bridge is absolutely stunning - I went by train. Another thing I liked was the slow pace instead of the rushing around that happens in most towns. Definitely worth another visit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was there today too - just for a few minutes before heading up to Hardcastle Crags :D

Saw a heron, and attempted to get a good picture but was too far away for my crappy camera :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96782952@N05/8949752956/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been today and enjoyed it, especially the little individual shops and the views from the town. The scenery between Halifax and Hebden Bridge is absolutely stunning - I went by train. Another thing I liked was the slow pace instead of the rushing around that happens in most towns. Definitely worth another visit.

Did you see any Lesbians :confused::D