Doctor Who 28th of May

1 day until the final of the 2-parter. How do you think the doctor etc. will escape? I think that the cliff-hangers on the end of episodes are stretched out a bit long, anyone else agree with me? Also PLEASE put any spoilers in spoiler tags, in the 21st of May one some people responded to spoilers without these. It is VERY annoying to people who dont want it spoilt. Even If it is something that you think might happen, you may of worked it out for yourself so please put this in tags aswell. You can always say that it is just guesswork out of the tags so people will read it. Also, remember to look out for "bad wolf" references I didn't see any in the last one did anyone else. I wonder how the poll will turn out. :)

What did you think to the show? 658 votes

Very poor
2% 16 votes
Poor
1% 10 votes
Fair
3% 24 votes
Good
8% 59 votes
Very Good
25% 168 votes
Fantastic!
57% 381 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a teensy weensy bit early.

Saturday has been set as the earliest for starting this one.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=220988
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    $kyhater wrote:
    1 day until the final of the 2-parter. How do you think the doctor etc. will escape? I think that the cliff-hangers on the end of episodes are stretched out a bit long, anyone else agree with me? Also PLEASE put any spoilers in spoiler tags, in the 21st of May one some people responded to spoilers without these. It is VERY annoying to people who dont want it spoilt. Even If it is something that you think might happen, you may of worked it out for yourself so please put this in tags aswell. You can always say that it is just guesswork out of the tags so people will read it. Also, remember to look out for "bad wolf" references I didn't see any in the last one did anyone else. I wonder how the poll will turn out. :)
    And for God's sake stop going on about spoilers!!

Speculation is NOT a spoiler - how many times do people need to repeat this?
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    And for God's sake stop going on about spoilers!!

Speculation is NOT a spoiler - how many times do people need to repeat this?
    Can we try and stay like civilised? These posts are the first thing new posters will see - $ky is perfectly right to mention spoilers in the first post...no one has a monopoly on this site outside of the moderators, so please, be nice and make this thread welcoming for new people to enjoy and contribute to...not a silly little clique for people who think they're better than others which is how it might come across...this is the Net after all...

personally, yes, I did think the cliffhanger was a tad long last week...reminded me of the cybermen walking towards camera in "Earthshock" when the use of mirrors/split screen meant half their leg disappeared before the end music kicked in! :D
    Forum Member
    Can we try and stay like civilised? These posts are the first thing new posters will see - $ky is perfectly right to mention spoilers in the first post.
    I am totally for having spoilers covered up - but I think the OP needs to learn what constitutes a spoiler and what doesn't.
  • MN1077MN1077 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Well nice to see its started already lol.

Im off for a nice long weekend now see you all on tuesday!

Have a good one geezers and geezettes :)
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I've posted in one of these threads before the episode starts!!

It was good at the end of last week's the way they put the spoiler on after the credits, so we're left wondering (and I never watched it, BTW ;))

Looking forward to the climax of what is the best story so far, IMHO. :D

(BTW - You'll never believe this, but I was in my local 2nd hand DVD shop the other day, and managed to get the new DVD for only £8!!! :eek: :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    I am totally for having spoilers covered up - but I think the OP needs to learn what constitutes a spoiler and what doesn't.
    I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago...

...now, "The Doctor Dances" - not an inspiring title I must admit so luckily it's the 2nd of 2...love the Beeb website home poster though, is it me or is that just a tad camp? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I've posted in one of these threads before the episode starts!!

It was good at the end of last week's the way they put the spoiler on after the credits, so we're left wondering (and I never watched it, BTW ;))

Looking forward to the climax of what is the best story so far, IMHO. :D

(BTW - You'll never believe this, but I was in my local 2nd hand DVD shop the other day, and managed to get the new DVD for only £8!!! :eek: :D)
    Blimey, talk about disposable society :D

I reckon you're right about this being the best so far as it goes dundee, it was definitely out on its own...also, seems to have started a plague of small children realising that by saying "Are you my Mummy?" behind adults in the dark then they can get a seriously scared reaction :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MN1077 wrote:
    Im off for a nice long weekend now see you all on tuesday!
    Call me sad, but I couldn't possibly have any long weekends while DW is still on. And especially at this stage in the series.

Bugger the bank holiday, bugger the hot weather. I ain't going nowhere till I see episode 13.

I haven't been this excited about a TV series in years.

Told you I was sad... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digidragon wrote:
    Call me sad, but I couldn't possibly have any long weekends while DW is still on. And especially at this stage in the series.

Bugger the bank holiday, bugger the hot weather. I ain't going nowhere till I see episode 13.

I haven't been this excited about a TV series in years.

Told you I was sad... ;)
    Sad is a harsh term best replaced with..."a fan" ...that way we all feel better ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad is a harsh term best replaced with..."a fan" ...that way we all feel better ;)
    Thank you ;)

I just love this series on so many levels and for so many reasons... for being produced by BBC Wales and filmed in my home town, for causing the demise of the ITV flagship programme Celebrity Wrestling ;), for proving that the great unwashed (all 8 or 9 million of 'em) will watch sci-fi if it's well written and well made, and for making me cry for a Dalek.

It's just been an amazing series...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I heard on the radio that Billie Piper is quitting and will be replaced by Jennifer Ellison? Anyone heard about this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digidragon wrote:
    Thank you ;)

I just love this series on so many levels and for so many reasons... for being produced by BBC Wales and filmed in my home town, for causing the demise of the ITV flagship programme Celebrity Wrestling ;), for proving that the great unwashed (all 8 or 9 million of 'em) will watch sci-fi if it's well written and well made, and for making me cry for a Dalek.

It's just been an amazing series...

Surpassed all of my expectations by the end of "Rose" and they were pretty high by then...can't disagree with anything you say although I didn't cry for the Dalek...I kind of cried because it might have been the last Dalek but hey, I'm easily upset by such things :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howard85 wrote:
    I heard on the radio that Billie Piper is quitting and will be replaced by Jennifer Ellison? Anyone heard about this?
    To my knowledge it's not been officially confirmed yet but the good money says BP will be leaving DW some time in Series 2...oldies and purests forgive the numbering but that's what RTD's calling it so who am I to fly in the face. The Jennifer Ellison rumour appeared in The Star on Thursday but could have just been an excuse to show her in her underwear again (like they need one?) according to the BBC's Celebdaq website...we wait...somehow I can't see her being cast to replace Rose unless...but no, Rose couldn't regenerate could she?

And on the Bad Wolf trail again...I don't suppose the foreshortening of last week's episode had anything to do with the removal of another unsubtle reference somewhere did it? Just a thought...if RTD didn't believe it would catch on and if we'd had a few obvious ones...maybe it was removed to lower the temperature on the Bad Wolf debate...guess we'll see tonight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...by saying "Are you my Mummy?" behind adults in the dark then they can get a seriously scared reaction :cool:

It's quite strange, but every now and again, the phone in my bedroom keeps ringing once, and stopping again. After watching last week's episode..........:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite strange, but every now and again, the phone in my bedroom keeps ringing once, and stopping again. After watching last week's episode..........:eek:
    Are you my mummy? :o :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you my mummy? :o :eek:
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :eek: :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :eek: :eek:
    lol, just be thankful you're not sharing your space with a fetishist...a gas mask at an inopportune moment this weekend could finish any one of us off... :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, just be thankful you're not sharing your space with a fetishist...a gas mask at an inopportune moment this weekend could finish any one of us off... :eek:
    I don't know what sort of things/people you're into, but.........:eek: ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what sort of things/people you're into, but.........:eek: ;):p
    I should probably claim the 5th...damn, wrong country...eh...well, from what I've heard there are people out there called fetishists...eh...

...anyway...do we think Captain Jack is going to save the day or will our Doctor finally do what he does best and rescue the situation? Captain Jack's uniform fitted rather well also I thought...sorry... :o :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be the Doctor that saves the day - he always does :)

Although, I can see him only JUST doing it :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should probably claim the 5th...damn, wrong country...eh...well, from what I've heard there are people out there called fetishists...eh...

...anyway...do we think Captain Jack is going to save the day or will our Doctor finally do what he does best and rescue the situation? Captain Jack's uniform fitted rather well also I thought...sorry... :o :eek:
    I've got my gas mask all ready... oops, wrong forum :eek: :D

By the way,
    It is the Doctor who saves the day - there's a lovely picture spoiler in this month's DWM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuilean wrote:
    I've got my gas mask all ready... oops, wrong forum :eek: :D

By the way,
    It is the Doctor who saves the day - there's a lovely picture spoiler in this month's DWM
    It's very easy to confuse sites...I've tried my best to remember exactly where I am and who I'm replying to but sometimes it's not easy :)

I'm still hoping for a BW reference tonight...probably from Captain Jack with any luck just to bring the pan back to the boil again in time for the big finish...but it still can't be a coincidence that after all the 801 plants, we're now looking for Room 802 can it? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very easy to confuse sites...I've tried my best to remember exactly where I am and who I'm replying to but sometimes it's not easy :)

I'm still hoping for a BW reference tonight...probably from Captain Jack with any luck just to bring the pan back to the boil again in time for the big finish...but it still can't be a coincidence that after all the 801 plants, we're now looking for Room 802 can it? :confused:
    I wonder which room in Albion Hospital the Tardis materialised in in 2006 (ie in AoL)?
    Forum Member
    And on the Bad Wolf trail again...I don't suppose the foreshortening of last week's episode had anything to do with the removal of another unsubtle reference somewhere did it?
    Good point John - it did seem suspiciously shortened when all they were supposed to have removed is a sound effect!