Max

kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Max is not returning :(
Mel and Max should have won!! :mad:
Would love it if Max came to strictly tho:)

Here is the article :-

Why Dancing's Maks Won't Be Back

By DEBORAH STARR SEIBEL
TV GUIDE
This may break a million hearts, but Dancing with the Stars pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy says he won't be returning for Season 6 in March. "The 25 million viewers are going to remember me whether I'm there or not," says Chmerkovskiy, who hopes to return to professional ballroom competition and is busy over the holidays choreographing a New Year's Eve show at the Wynn Las Vegas.

Chmerkovskiy, 27, says he's had a great time over the past four seasons teaching celebrities like Spice Girl Mel B. and boxing champ Laila Ali how to dance. But he's impatient to become a student again himself. "Other dancers on this show have aspirations to become actors and singers and they lose focus of where they came from," says Maks. "The second you close that door and stop educating yourself? You stop developing."

Maks' continuing education, he says, will involve bringing to this country a fantastic Russian dancer "who I personally want to dance with," he says. "We're going to start practicing. I want to go back to my coaches, to learning."

The fact that so many viewers care about his future just underscores the fact that this was the year that the Dancing pros finally came into their own. In this fifth season, some of them — notably Maks, Cheryl Burke, Julianne Hough and Edyta Sliwinska — were more famous than some of the celebrities on the show's roster, including models Albert Reed and Josie Maran.

But Maks says that instead of falling in love with Hollywood and all its trappings, the celebrity spotlight turned him off. "This is a very lucrative world," he says. "And I spent some time here just looking around and going, 'Wow, this is an amazing house.' But I'm a very analytical person. And right away, I looked past the curtains and I saw the drugs and the difficult lifestyles and the failed marriages. And I saw absolutely no family values — and that is the most important thing."

Maks, who is single, is quick to point out that his last two partners — both married — are not included in that description. "It's really important to me to maintain the relationship after the show," he says. "With Laila, I love her. But it didn't work because she's a very private, very reserved person. But this season, with Mel, this is a person I'll be able to call any time and say, 'Hey, I'm in town. Let's have dinner.'"

Maks and Ali came in third in the competition. Maks and Mel B. were the runners-up. Has not crossing the finish line first been another source of frustration? "I don't think a woman can win this competition," says Maks. Why not? "Because women don't vote for other women." Then he surprises you with the last thing you'd think would come out of his self-assured mouth. "Women, in general, are better dancers than men," he says. "Except for Mario Lopez and Emmitt Smith, in every other season, there were women who should have won."

Regarding Mel B., Maks says the two developed an instant rapport. "From day one, you saw us on that
[video] clip where I said, 'Ready… set… go.' And she said, 'No!' And we laughed from then on. I told her, 'You have to let it go. That control.' And she told me later, 'You're probably the first man that I can say, "I just met you and I totally gave up control."' And it's a really big deal when you're being moved around and spun around and jerked around. For a grown person to just be led, it's a big deal."

He may be walking away from Hollywood, but that's one memory Maks will be taking with him. "The fact that she allowed me to really teach her means a lot to me."

Comments

• Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like he's changed his mind ;)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguide/342358_tvgif5.html

Dancing's Maks May Return After All
    By DEBORAH STARR SEIBEL
    TV GUIDE

Women aren't the only ones who have the prerogative to change their minds. Dancing with the Stars pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who told TV Guide that he would not be returning for Season 6 (starting in March), has had a change of heart. He wants to be asked to return to the show.

His comments, he says, were a result of the fatigue after a very long season and the strain of being away from home (Maks lives and works in Edgewater, New Jersey) for the six months that it took to do two seasons of the show during 2007. "Being away from home for so long was taking its toll," says Maks. "I'm one of those people who get very homesick and needs to recharge the batteries. I've missed all the Hanukkah parties and all the dinners. I haven't seen my family in four months."

But after seeing his words in print, he realized that it was the end-of-season letdown talking. "When I read the article, I was like, 'ah… what have I said?' It was very tear-jerky for me," he says. "I'm honored to be part of this show, and the most important thing is the promotion of ballroom dance. When I had a free moment, I read all the e-mails and looked at my fan site and people were just devastated, to say the least. I didn't mean to do that."

All of this has come as a wallop of a wake-up call to a ballroom dancer who has never experienced this kind of fame. "I don't know how to deal with this," says Maks. "I never had fans outside of my family. People were tuning in to see what I was going to do next, and that, to me, is mind-boggling. I'm not used to that kind of attention. In our ballroom world, we don't have fans like that. But a lot of people, when they found out that I was supposedly quitting the show, there was a ridiculous amount of support."

Maks is currently in Las Vegas choreographing a New Year's Eve show at the Wynn Las Vegas. He'll be there for another week and then will finally be able to go home and enjoy the holidays with his mom, dad, grandmother, brother and the 300 others he calls family but who are, in reality, his students and their families. "I bought a home in New Jersey while I was here in L.A., and the father of one of my students stood in line all night on Black Friday [the day after Thanksgiving] to buy me a television set," says Maks. "Another father is screwing paintings into the wall and doing other little things around the house. And the mothers, along with my mother and grandmother, went shopping for plates and curtains for the windows. They're all my family."

After the holidays, he says, he'll think about what he wants to do next. Never fear: That includes Dancing with the Stars. The pros make dancing look ridiculously easy, but Maks says that dancing this season with Mel B., who already had a punishing schedule getting ready for her world reunion tour with The Spice Girls, put an enormous strain on him. Like all the other pros, he had to worry about new choreography each week. But with Mel B., it was almost impossible because he had to teach her a whole new routine — not in a matter of days — but hours. "It seemed like, at any moment, [the announcer] would say: 'Here's the next dance from Maks and Mel' and we would just walk down the stairs and take the microphone from Tom and say: 'We apologize, but we don't have our dance ready.' That's what I really thought."

But now that he's had some time to recoup, Maks knows that nothing can give him what this show has. He says he just has to learn how to have more fun with it. "Dancing with the Stars opened up all the doors and all the opportunities," says Maks. "I don't want to change anything about it."
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that :)

Guess we'll find out in March whether or not he decided to stay!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Lets hope he does ...........!!!!
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he will, or will be persuaded to by the show's producers. ;)

No chance of him coming over here though. :(
  • PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish he would, I'd love to see him and Julianne on SCD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Puffle wrote: »
    I wish he would, I'd love to see him and Julianne on SCD

All of you UK fans want to steal our pro's. Next you'll be trying to take Tom B. from us. Who does the U.S. get in trade, because Julianne, Mark, Max, Derek, Cheryl have become or are becoming legitimate stars in their own rights, here.:)
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    We'll do you a swap with some of our pros :D Much as we love our pros, and they have become stars in their own right, it would be lovely to have some of the US pros over here - even if it was just for one programme, like a Christmas Special or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    We'll do you a swap with some of our pros :D Much as we love our pros, and they have become stars in their own right, it would be lovely to have some of the US pros over here - even if it was just for one programme, like a Christmas Special or something.

O.K., as long as we keep Tom. I don't think the U.S. audience would be able to appreciate your hosts' (Bruce) charms, whatever they are. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    keninva1 wrote: »
    O.K., as long as we keep Tom. I don't think the U.S. audience would be able to appreciate your hosts' (Bruce) charms, whatever they are. :)

Perhaps we could persuade Tom to join Len and Bruno on the transatlantic redeye so that we could benefit. You are right Keninva1, there is no fair trade for Tom and I dread to think how american audiences would take to Brucie!