Options

Girls: would you rather be a wag or a princess?

jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They were discussing this on loose women. Would you rather be a kate middleton or a cheryl cole and why?

I would be interested in hearing peoples opinions

Comments

• Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want to be either, I'm quite happy just being plain old me.
    I don't need the superficial glitz that comes from being the wife or girlfriend of a bloke that runs about kicking balls into nets or from being the wife or girlfriend of some oik from an outdated monarchy.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Neither!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither for me too ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Neither :D
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could think of nothing worse. I like being a nobody, it suits me just fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Wag............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    ....................no princess!

Not too fussed as long as it involves 'sexy time'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither! I'd hate the level of intrusiveness into my private life - not to mention the constant press scrutiny of my dress sense, hair, weight.....

I'd rather be unknown. Wouldn't mind their money though :D
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which ever is richer.
  • Options
    Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys never played 'either or' before?! You need to choose!

I'd rather be a princess.. because I'd just like to tell people I was a princess. I'd also like to wear a tiara daily.
  • Options
    NoodleGuruNoodleGuru Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    But Cheryl Cole was actually famous before she became a wag, so she's not really the best representative of a 'wag', is she?

What they're basically asking is 'who would you rather sponge off, a rich posh guy or a rich common guy?'.

Let's face it, there's only a handful of eligible princes in the entire continent, whereas there are loads of football players. So I guess the question also carries with it a further one - 'how unrealistic are your expectations of life - very, or insanely?'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already am a princess :o
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    what's a wag?
  • Options
    Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's a wag?

wife and girlfriends (of footballers)

actually maybe all sport people. im not sure.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Wag please!! Then I'd spend my days making the most ridiculous comments I could imagine then follow threads about me on Showbiz thread on DS :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lola UK wrote: »
    wife and girlfriends (of footballers)

actually maybe all sport people. im not sure.

I do believe its all sports because they were talking about cricket wags this morning!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Wag please!! Then I'd spend my days making the most ridiculous comments I could imagine then follow threads about me on Showbiz thread on DS :D
    Yeah I think on balance being a wag would be more fun than being a princess. But can I draw the line at painting myself orange, having hair extensions and acrylic nails please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think on balance being a wag would be more fun than being a princess. But can I draw the line at painting myself orange, having hair extensions and acrylic nails please?

Being a princess would mean going to yawn-tastic operas and sh1te like that. Being a wag means I get to get freebies!!!!!

Re acrylic nails - I read an article a while back - its now one of the top 5 reasons that people dont get through interviews. Apparently a lot of companies view them as 'common'. And there is your trivia for the day!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be a spoil sport and say I would prefer to be sucessful in my own right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a princess would mean going to yawn-tastic operas and sh1te like that. Being a wag means I get to get freebies!!!!!

Re acrylic nails - I read an article a while back - its now one of the top 5 reasons that people dont get through interviews. Apparently a lot of companies view them as 'common'. And there is your trivia for the day!!
    But the fake tan, Jo - it stinks. And hair extensions that fall out and acrylic nails that make your own nails rot underneath? I like the idea of being a really outspoken wag though, and pontificating on all sorts of stuff I don't understand. Then when there's a thread slagging me off in Showbiz, I'd sign up to DS and fight my corner. (like that girl that shagged Matt le Blanc did, remember? That was funny:D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But the fake tan, Jo - it stinks. And hair extensions that fall out and acrylic nails that make your own nails rot underneath? I like the idea of being a really outspoken wag though, and pontificating on all sorts of stuff I don't understand. Then when there's a thread slagging me off in Showbiz, I'd sign up to DS and fight my corner. (like that girl that shagged Matt le Blanc did, remember? That was funny:D)

I loved that girl!! That is one of my best ever DS afternoons!! :D

I have my own nails already so I'd skip the acrylics but always have mine red as my trademark. Fake tan ....erm I'd have a midgy's didge - I don't want to the Casper the Friendly Ghost of wags but just the sort I'd do at home. My hair is a decent length as well so I'd keep that.

I'd accidentally get my muffin out getting in and out of cars to shock people then one day have a fake boy bit there - oh the gossip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Princess of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    a princess :D I have no idea what they live like, though, I mean do they still watch tv? Who does their shopping? :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    F*****g hell, NEITHER.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved that girl!! That is one of my best ever DS afternoons!! :D

I have my own nails already so I'd skip the acrylics but always have mine red as my trademark. Fake tan ....erm I'd have a midgy's didge - I don't want to the Casper the Friendly Ghost of wags but just the sort I'd do at home. My hair is a decent length as well so I'd keep that.

I'd accidentally get my muffin out getting in and out of cars to shock people then one day have a fake boy bit there - oh the gossip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whatever it is you do for a living now, you are wasted. Dump your OH and go bag yourself a footballer immediately.:D