emmerdale - any one else looking forward to the new home farm family

2»

Comments

• Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Hopefully this family will have some decent character development, instead of nothing more than a tediously long, overly drawn-out, supposedly but not very sensationalist storyline.

i agree, the current storyline was good at the start but it does seem to have drawn out too long, fingers crossed the new family are developed better, they have the acting ability within the actors to be able to do it so i guess its up to how the writers and producers handle them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not long to go now, cant wait, declans wife comes in next week

there is some pics and interveiew with them all in inside soap this week, sounds like it could be good
    she apparently is in it with declan to trick the wyldes to selling her home farm, as they dont realise that she is his ex wife

but she refuses to hand home farm over to declan like they agreed!

Mia is also due to turn up when Declan has a house warming party and there is some distance between declan and his dad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a welcome to the maceys video on the emmerdale site http://www.itv.com/soaps/emmerdale/videospecials/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they'll be as brilliant as the Wyldes were, missing the great Natasha already!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loving ella already and its only her first couple of episodes, cant wait for mia to come in as well
  • Options
    bhvictorybhvictory Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    always nice to see newcomers to Emmerdale and the new characters I'm sure given time will fit in somehow... I can imagine a lot of people regarding them as a poor replacement for the Wyldes, Tates, or whatever, but at the end of the day they are not replacing anybody, they are merely new characters joining a long and established show... Any similarities they have to the Tates, Wyldes and the fact they inhabit home farm is totally coincidental... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only have to wait till tomorrow now to see Mia come into the show, hopefully its not too long before we see declans dad as well
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    This is going to sound quite morbid but this will be the last family Gavin has created:(
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    only have to wait till tomorrow now to see Mia come into the show, hopefully its not too long before we see declans dad as well
    Declans dad comes into it about 21 December
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Declans dad comes into it about 21 December

thanks for that, so not long now then, i used to love him in father ted

looking forwards to tonights episode
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    thanks for that, so not long now then, i used to love him in father ted

looking forwards to tonights episode

To me, Frank Kelly will always be Fr Jack Hackett. This isn't Frank's first soap stint. Years ago he was in the now defunct Irish farming soap 'Glenroe'. He played a vegetable shop owner, can't remember his name
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me, Frank Kelly will always be Fr Jack Hackett. This isn't Frank's first soap stint. Years ago he was in the now defunct Irish farming soap 'Glenroe'. He played a vegetable shop owner, can't remember his name

i didnt realise that he was in another soap!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres an interveiw now up on emmerdales site with frank kelly and some clips of him in emmerdale http://www.itv.com/soaps/emmerdale/videospecials/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well they have all arrived now, what do people think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just thought i would let you know for any frank kelly/father ted fans, I tunes free download today for their 12 days of christmas promo is an xmas special of father ted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed so far. The actors don't gel well at all. I don't believe in Declan being that girls father. Ella is so cold she makes Natasha look like a CareBear. And Frank Kelly is completely overplaying it.

The Wyldes were always going to be a hard act to follow but very little seems to have gone into setting up these characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only one i am not sure of so far is ella, but i do enjoy her winding declan up though. cant wait to see more of them, will be interesting to see if the "curse" of home farm strikes them, as its not like the lives of the owners are drama free ie the tates, wildes and kings
  • Options
    cj86cj86 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I love the Macey's, although Dermot needs to be toned down a bit! I love that there is a little bit of fun at Home Farm for once, rather than the usual round of family secrets, adultery, revenge, murder! Mia needs to be fleshed out a bit more, but she has only just arrived so I am sure that will happen.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    They are becoming annoying already, especially the mother. I can't see her as the next Kim/Zoe/Natasha somehow.
  • Options
    Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually can't stand Ella or Mia. They don't make a family, not much true on screen chemistry there between Declan and Ella, it seems to forced.

Dermot, seems like I don't know...... just as annoying.

I had high hopes, and I was dissapointed
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really tried hard to keep an open mind - its always difficult for new characters to settle in.

However....
    I'm liking Mia so far.

I think Dermot will take a bit of getting used to - its a shame he has Father Jack as his history, because I think viewers expectations for this character are gonna be clouded and dashed by this fact.

Ella is really struggling to make an impact for me - I can't see her as this sexy seductress she is supposedly trying to be at the moment - however, I can see potential in her being a real bitch it they decide to take her down that road.

And Declan seems to have become completely lost as a character within this family. :(