What colour is this dress?

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked at this on several screens in different rooms and can't see anything other than white and gold. I thinki people on FB who are saying blue and black are having a wind up tbh
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me it's a very pale blue and brown.

I see no white, gold or black.

What's it all about?

(it's also hideous.)

I'm with you.

So neither white/gold or blue/black :confused:

Lady Gaga agrees with us

Lady Gaga ‏@ladygaga 4h4 hours ago
    @thecolorated its periwinkle and sand 💣
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    The first time I saw it on the daily mail site, I saw blue and black. On the buzzfeed link I saw white and gold - then when I went back to the daily mail, I now saw that as white and gold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read about it on Daily Mail, it was white and gold when I scrolled back up it was blue and black...:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Blue and gold
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me it's a very pale blue and brown.

I see no white, gold or black.

What's it all about?

(it's also hideous.)
    It is hideous :D

On the link from the OP here I see pale blue and brown/beige trimming/lace.

On another link where they ask the original poster (of the dress question) to add another picture, they show a picture of the original they saw on a wedding photo, which shows it to be royal blue and black https://31.media.tumblr.com/ec387ec0bb03230268a9e905d74097d9/tumblr_inline_nkeezsjAuH1svicb3.jpg so it would seem that the dress that the person was talking about is, indeed, royal blue and black. Seems like a lighting problem to me.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/this-might-explain-why-that-dress-looks-blue-and-black-and-w#.tdxzjYoJLB
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been looking at this all morning. I see gold and pale blue. Lots of people saying when they look at it the first time then scroll back up its blue and black but no matter how many times I try I just can't see it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

It looks white and gold to me.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    I saw black and blue until i was reading an article about it which I left on my computer screen. When I was coming back to my room & computer and could view the screen at an angle I could see the white gold. Then as i walked back to my normal viewing position I could see it could back to being a blue dress.

I'm glad i finally seen it white and gold because it was starting to think those people were winding me up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachael. wrote: »
    I've been looking at this all morning. I see gold and pale blue. Lots of people saying when they look at it the first time then scroll back up its blue and black but no matter how many times I try I just can't see it.

The very, VERY slight blue colour could be because there looks to be some shade where the photo's been taken. If it was fully in the light, it would be white and gold. I'd say it's white and gold.

Edit: When I say very slightly blue, I mean the lightest blue there is. It's obviously white though. Put light on the dress and the white would totally stand out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    I saw black and blue until i was reading an article about it which I left on my computer screen. When I was coming back to my room & computer and could view the screen at an angle I could see the white gold. Then as i walked back to my normal viewing position I could see it could back to being a blue dress.

I'm glad i finally seen it white and gold because it was starting to think those people were winding me up!

How the hell are you seeing black in it? I've moved around and I still see gold in the dress.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    It looks white and gold to me.

Same here ..
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's white and gold, it hasn't changed either and I've had the backlight on and off, still white and gold.

I don't know how anyone can see blue and black.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unless I was shown the actual dress in real life, I don't believe that.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can see blue and black.

I suppose it's some weird colour perception thing. I've looked at it a few times since i became aware of it earlier on and i can't see anything other than white and gold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lukey37 wrote: »

That's not what the dress in the first link is showing though.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »
    Just read about it on Daily Mail, it was white and gold when I scrolled back up it was blue and black...:confused:

Yeah that just happened to me too! I've looked at it on a few sites and constantly seen it as white and gold. My son and I were talking about it earlier and we both said how can anyone see it as blue and black. But I just read the Daily Mail's article about it, I started reading the article then scrolled up to look at the picture again and it still looked white and gold. I finished reading the article then read some of the comments, scrolled back up to the top and the dress was blue and black! How the f*** did that happen?! :confused:

Edit: I just went and looked at the article again and the dress was back to being white and gold!

Edit again (sorry!): I've just been scrolling up and down a bit on it again and when I scroll up the colour of the dress changes before my eyes. When I start it looks white and gold but when I scroll back up it appears blue and black but if I stay looking at it, it fades to white and gold again. But the last time I did it, the colours changed to black and pale purple. Weird!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Yeah that just happened to me too! I've looked at it on a few sites and constantly seen it as white and gold. My son and I were talking about it earlier and we both said how can anyone see it as blue and black. But I just read the Daily Mail's article about it, I started reading the article then scrolled up to look at the picture again and it still looked white and gold. I finished reading the article then read some of the comments, scrolled back up to the top and the dress was blue and black! How the f*** did that happen?! :confused:

Edit: I just went and looked at the article again and the dress was back to being white and gold!

I've just done the same thing and the dress was still white and gold to my eyes.
  • Our KidOur Kid Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Black and Blue.

All played with light.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I've scrolled put the light on and off being into diffrent rooms with diffrent lighting changed the position of the phone and way I look at it and all I can see is white and gold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've scrolled put the light on and off being into diffrent rooms with diffrent lighting changed the position of the phone and way I look at it and all I can see is white and gold.

I'm getting the feeling that some people have a problem with their vision when it comes to colour.
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its white and gold

sigh
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The very, VERY slight blue colour could be because there looks to be some shade where the photo's been taken. If it was fully in the light, it would be white and gold. I'd say it's white and gold.

Edit: When I say very slightly blue, I mean the lightest blue there is. It's obviously white though. Put light on the dress and the white would totally stand out.

Yes I think your right. I wasn't sure whether it was just the lighting making it look pale blue. I still can't see the blue and black though.