Why do Gay people target Christians....but not Muslims?

Comments

• tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gay people target Islam in countries where Islam is the main or only religion and the one making or influencing the laws about sexuality.

Gay Muslims (or those who make themselves known to be gay) are usually put to death or imprisoned when they do campaign or speak out.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    AaronWx wrote: »
    Who says there aren't gay activists "targeting" Islam? Just because that biased article tells you so doesn't mean it's true. I guess critical thinking doesn't fit your agenda though OP.

there are, also there are muslims protesting against homophobia.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect they are frit.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Probably the same reason that feminists send death threats to a company over a poster displaying a fit and healthy young woman in a bikini, but won't say a word about the thousands of Muslim women forced into wearing the niqab by their husbands and fathers.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are, also there are muslims protesting against homophobia.
    Any links for this?
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So another anti-gay thread from Bullethead.

Can you explain, BH, what your problem is with gay people and why this obsession?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Oh yeah......ISNA directly linked with the Muslim Brotherhood, the history of which is here in just 3 mins; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-5uGF9eYs

Nice people. :)
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I oppose homophobia from Muslims just as much as from Christians, i certainly don't fear either group with their stubborn hate and fear of things they don't understand. To be fair though i would concede that Christians are being far more open minded than Muslims if we judge by nations that are predominantly Christian vs predominantly Muslim.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are very likely Christians themselves, lapsed or not.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah......ISNA directly linked with the Muslim Brotherhood, the history of which is here in just 3 mins; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-5uGF9eYs

Stop moving the goal posts to suit your agenda. I've stated here more than once my dislike of that entire religion and I don't support it, but you asked for links and you got them. So that shut you up so you moved the goalposts. Sorry, no cookie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can you explain, BH, what your problem is with gay people and why this obsession?

I wonder this, too. I only really lurk this part of the forum but I knew who the OP would be from the title alone. Says a lot to me. 😑
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One could equally ask why the Bulletguys of this world target the gays but not the murderers.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

I wouldn't say it was snottie.

Good question though OP and especially when you consider there were muslim patrols in so called 'no go ' areas for gay people, that was absolutely outrageous.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    One could equally ask why the Bulletguys of this world target the gays but not the murderers.

Extreme homophobes seem to think gay people are worse than murderers as they certainly go on about gay issues more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Stop moving the goal posts to suit your agenda. I've stated here more than once my dislike of that entire religion and I don't support it, but you asked for links and you got them. So that shut you up so you moved the goalposts. Sorry, no cookie.
    The "goal posts" never shifted. The first para alone indicated straight away that it was directly linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, a political organisation responsible for world wide acts of terrorism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "goal posts" never shifted. The first para alone indicated straight away that it was directly linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, a political organisation responsible for world wide acts of terrorism.

You asked for links showing muslims supporting gays. You got them. You didn't like that very much as it proved you wrong. Tough.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

what did the link have to say about the topic you are questioning?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say it was snottie.

Good question though OP and especially when you consider there were muslim patrols in so called 'no go ' areas for gay people, that was absolutely outrageous.
    I'm wondering how long it's going to take before they can see that? The article gives very interesting food for thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The first one I provided said this:

Imaan works with LGBT Muslims in the UK to counter homophobia, transphobia and Islamophobia within society. We believe this story is sensationalist and damaging to the work that we do..

The second said this:

Last week, one of the clearest shifts in the decades-long debate over Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) came into light from the largest U.S.-based Muslim organization, the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), joined a broad interfaith coalition, calling ENDA a “measured, common sense solution that will ensure workers are judged on their merits, not on their personal characteristics like sexual orientation or gender identity.”
  • robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

do you have any videos about the muslim brotherhood that arent from extremist anti muslim groups like pulp ark?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that the Muslim Brotherhood are entwined in there should be enough alone to tell anyone they are not the type of 'bedfellows' anyone would involve with.

You do realise what the Muslim Brotherhood stand for don't you, along with their history?
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    robo2 wrote: »
    do you have any videos about the muslim brotherhood that arent from extremist anti muslim groups like pulp ark?

Do a web search and see who tried to Egypt into an Islamic state.

Most them including Morsi recently got death sentences in Egypt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that the Muslim Brotherhood are entwined in there should be enough alone to tell anyone they are not the type of 'bedfellows' anyone would involve with.

You do realise what the Muslim Brotherhood stand for don't you, along with their history?

What unlike

https://www.pinterest.com/pulpark/pulp-ark-chronicle/
    ?

You seem to be upset that some muslims aren't extreme terrorists. boo hoo.
This discussion has been closed.