You've found a magic ring of invisibility.

Comments

• MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang around the Houses of Parliament canteen and slip very strong laxatives into the food.
    Visit "psychics" and convince them they have encountered a real ghost.

"Haunting" sceptics would be much more fun. :D
  • Under_FlawUnder_Flaw Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I'd get it turned into a cock ring. #InvisibleWillySex
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd spy on a couple of colleagues who appear to get away with doing bugger all, to see how they get away with it.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Don't people do that anyway?

:D

Well, yes, but visible me would be too self-conscious.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a visit to Area 51 would almost be compulsory if you had such a ring.

Although you'd have to hope they didn't have some kind of stealth technology that detected body heat signatures or responded to pressure from footsteps :)

I suppose it would be fascinating to just observe people though and see how other people live their lives and if they're radically different to your own.

Shouldn't be a problem if you're walking alongside someone who's been granted access. You'd have to be quick through the doors though, and stay extremely close at the same time.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you couldn't steal lottery cards as they need a point of reference sale so that's out the window. I'd like to think I'd do mad trolley dashs round Tesco and take the food to the homeless but wouldn't they see a trolley flying round on its own or does that become invisable as well?

Hop on planes/boats etc and travel the world staying in 5star luxury in empty rooms.

Run amok in my fav clothes shops hoping that everything I touch becomes unseen as well and completely revamp my wardrobe.

Then I like the idea someone had of sneaking into parliament and exposing all the wrong doings. Then I'd probably hide it somewhere so no one like Kim Jong-un or ISIS could steal it for wrong doings.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd sneak into the biscuit factory and pick out the dead flies from the Garibaldi biscuits and save the world
    Craven, aged 7¾
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Well you couldn't steal lottery cards as they need a point of reference sale so that's out the window. I'd like to think I'd do mad trolley dashs round Tesco and take the food to the homeless but wouldn't they see a trolley flying round on its own or does that become invisable as well?

Hop on planes/boats etc and travel the world staying in 5star luxury in empty rooms.

Run amok in my fav clothes shops hoping that everything I touch becomes unseen as well and completely revamp my wardrobe.

Then I like the idea someone had of sneaking into parliament and exposing all the wrong doings. Then I'd probably hide it somewhere so no one like Kim Jong-un or ISIS could steal it for wrong doings.

The item would probably become invisible once you touched it, so you'd only have to simply pick the item up and then put it in your pocket. Your clothes would be invisible and they'd be touching you. Besides, a trolley might make a noise as it's passing people, and others would bump into it.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The item would probably become invisible once you touched it, so you'd only have to simply pick the item up and then put it in your pocket. Your clothes would be invisible and they'd be touching you. Besides, a trolley might make a noise as it's passing people, and others would bump into it.

Hmm wouldn't fit much in my pockets so might skip that idea.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do do do do, do do do do.

You're in .... the twilight zone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd probably find me in the girls showers at the local College :D
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »

As long as you were not actually inside the girls in the showers of the local college - I think that would be going just a bit too far. :o:D
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I've just reminded myself of a story I read in a old book from the 50s or 60. A man is granted the wish of invisibility in some middle-eastern country. He decides to use his powers to sneak into the Sultan's harem at night. Unfortunately for him, the guard was so highly trained that he could hear footsteps and kill even in the dark, so the powers of invisibility did the man no good, and he was decapitated.

There were a few other stories like that. In one a man who becomes indestructible somehow gets nuked into outer space where he dies from asphyxiation, and another finds the cure to immortality, but he has a degenerative brain disease that becomes immortal along with him.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would your squirting spunk also be invisible!?:D

Just imagining one of them reaching for the shower knob, without looking, giving it a good twist and then hearing a loud cry!:D
  • year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Read Memoires of an invisible man by HF SAINT it explains all the problem
  • year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Read Memoires of an invisible man by HF SAINT it explains all the problem`s you might have with being invisible,not as easy as you think:)
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd do all that of course.
    Eventually though I'd have to raise the stakes.
    I'd stroll into Post Offices with queues and flick someone's ear lobe from behind or kick someone up the arse or I'd make a loud farting noise or I'd squeeze a boob from behind and I'd repeat it until chaos ensued.
    I'd go I nto Sainsburys and wheel peoples trolleys away as they looked at produce.
    I'd drive my car along the motorway tailgating cars and blowing the horn.
    The list is endless :)
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    Thing is, the very nature of the thing means that if you had one, the only things you'd get up to would be varying levels of wrong.

On a basic level, I suspect that most people would use it to perve over the opposite sex. The practicalities of stealing would obviously be easier, but in a real-world sense, you'd still raise red flags with a sudden influx of money or stuff I suppose.

...but would wrecking Conservative Central Office and the offices and production facilities of the Sun, Mail and Telegraph be included as wrongdoing?
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    year 1957 wrote: »
    Read Memoires of an invisible man by HF SAINT it explains all the problem`s you might have with being invisible,not as easy as you think:)

I can think of all sorts of problems anyway even without reading books.

People can sense the presence of others, by sound, smell, vibration, air disturbances, even touch if they get too near. Or you might need to cough or sneeze.

Imagine walking into a room where a blind person was sitting without them not noticing. It doesn't matter if you're invisible or not! You can also become trapped and not able to get away. It's not so easy.

Unless this magic ring makes all physical interactions between yourself and the environment transparent, and doesn't just let light through you, in which case you would be limited in what you can do.

But talking of books, there's a short story by HG Wells, The Country of the Blind, about a man encountering a community of blind people. Although effectively 'invisible', he can't get his own way and ends up their slave (iirc).

(BTW in most of the stories, an invisible person usually has to go about naked. A slight drawback on a cold day. And a practical problem when the invisibility wears off or you take off the ring.)
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    I'd take it into Mordor and cast it into the fires of Mount Doom.

*tut*

One does not simply walk into Mordor! And you don't even know the way! :eek:

But I will help you bear this burden, my friend, as long as it is yours to bear. :cool:

I'm also hearing that a few others want to come along too. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvK-iKtkV70

Ha ha! Brilliant book, brilliant films. :D
  • MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't physically harm anyone or steal anything, but I would like to scare people I don't like and let them think their house was haunted :D I'd like to see how the rich and famous live as well. But, realistically if there was ever a chance of being invisible I don't think I would do any of these things because I would be a total creep if I did lol ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thump David Cameron's in the ball's when he's making a speech.

Obviously fondle some gorgeous women.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...but would wrecking Conservative Central Office and the offices and production facilities of the Sun, Mail and Telegraph be included as wrongdoing?

Actually, due to clause 32B of the Invisibility Action Code, you'd be required to do that anyway so it's all good :)
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    If I had such a ring, boy would there be a massive increase in Catholic miracles, only not the type that they would welcome.

Ghost writing "Hi, God here! The pope is evil!" :D

"PS I just love gay sex with my boyfriend Brian. It's all those heterosexuals that ain't getting into Heaven!"

Boy would I have a field day and all religions would be in chaos by the weekend. :D
  • My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd spy on the powerful and dishonest in society then make public everything I have found out about their dirty dealings. Then I'd pinch a few hundred thousand quid from a dodgy bank and live on a desert island like a undercover agent