Mad Swedes on Traffic Cops

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
Forum Member
✭✭
Read today that one of those nutter Swedish girls who kept running across the M6 on Traffic Cops committed murder a few days later. If you've not seen the motorway footage this is one of the most amazing incidents caught on camera ever. How did they not die?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LCQkSst5iQ

Comments

• LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read months ago that they killed someone before this and thats why they were so crazy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    I read months ago that they killed someone before this and thats why they were so crazy

They killed after the motorway incident according to the murder trial
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch this when it was first shown. I feel sorry for the lorry driver that one of the swedes ran into. She was lucky to be alive. I hope they were sent to prison then after they have served their prison sentence kicked out of the country.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes one of them killed after this incident on the 20th May 2008, the road incident happend on the 17th may.

see here

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/woman-free/article-1307546-detail/article.html

She pleaded guilty to manslaughter 2 says ago on the 2nd Sept.

Case Adjourned for Sentencing
  • systemcvsystemcv Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Bumping this old thread because the story behind this is being shown on BBC1 at 22:35 tonight - "Madness In The Fast Lane"
  • Hankers R DSHankers R DS Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    systemcv wrote: »
    Bumping this old thread because the story behind this is being shown on BBC1 at 22:35 tonight - "Madness In The Fast Lane"

Cool, thanks for the heads up. :)
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing that when it was originally broadcast and thought it was quite possibly the most incredible thing I've ever seen on television.

It will be fascinating to see whether this programme can reach a conclusion as to why this incident occured.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be interesting to hear the psychologists views, their behaviour reminded me of dissociation phenomenon, either that or drugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Watching this on BBC1 in Scotland tonight, obviously these women were unstable. What is strange to me is, why were TV cameras following their every move? Literally there were TV cameras on the motorway, in the police station and in interview rooms. How often would that happen? Almost seems like the police got a wild story and phoned the BBC.

That can't be normal practice surely, for TV cameras to be waiting for every motorway incident and admission to the station. Seems a bit like exploiting the perhaps mentally ill (?) & their victims for a primetime TV show? Unless the BBC just happened to be filming at the time? I missed the first 5 minutes so would be interesting to know if that was the case...?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this on BBC1 in Scotland tonight, obviously these women were unstable. What is strange to me is, why were TV cameras following their every move? Literally there were TV cameras on the motorway, in the police station and in interview rooms. How often would that happen? Almost seems like the police got a wild story and phoned the BBC.

That can't be normal practice surely, for TV cameras to be waiting for every motorway incident and admission to the station. Seems a bit like exploiting the perhaps mentally ill (?) & their victims for a primetime TV show? Unless the BBC just happened to be filming at the time? I missed the first 5 minutes so would be interesting to know if that was the case...?

The pictures are a combination of reconstructions and original footage from Traffic Cops - one of those police-camera-action motorway patrol type shows. They were just lucky they were recording at the time.
  • mincepiemincepie Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just sheer luck that the traffic cops camera guy was in the car that went to that incident.

Obviosuly after that the TV team will have made an effort to cover it - the interviews at the station etc.

I had no idea that she went on th kill a guy - very sad :(

Or that she jumped from a bridge on to *another* motorway/busy road and surved that with only broken ankles!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    The pictures are a combination of reconstructions and original footage from Traffic Cops - one of those police-camera-action motorway patrol type shows. They were just lucky they were recording at the time.
    Thanks for confirming ;)

Incredible story....
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was just going to bed and turned on tv as they ran into the road. I was totally transfixed after that:eek: Most amazing traffic cops type show I have ever seen. That woman should have been locked up for life. NUTTER:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I just stumbled across this incident on You Tube. Truly shocking and incredibly disturbing. Don't think I will sleep too well tonight. :eek:
  • grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loubychew wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I just stumbled across this incident on You Tube. Truly shocking and incredibly disturbing. Don't think I will sleep too well tonight. :eek:

Did you see the follow up.
    One of the nutters murdered someone shortly after the incident but due to some psycho waffle excuse they got off with a non murder charge despite it being explained that the nutter could go mental again at some point in the future
    Forum Member
    Yes I saw that too, a horrific set of events.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weirder than any Wallander episode. Apparently the relatives of these two whack-jobs are cut from the same mental cloth.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supposedly a case of folie a deux where one person takes on the madness of another. Scary stuff.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    big mac wrote: »
    I remember seeing that when it was originally broadcast and thought it was quite possibly the most incredible thing I've ever seen on television. .

16 months on it's still some of the most shocking TV I've ever seen, or ever will, the follow-up was fascinating too. That series of Traffic Cops was fantastic, the programme didn't shy away from the fatalities and as such were often unsettling to watch, but very compelling television. I'm a fan of these types of show and the Beeb do them very well. I doubt anything will come close to that particular episode though!
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    an amazing story

being a swede myself, I find this story surreal. A top writer could not have invented this.

I hope it does not lead people to think all the swedish act like that.

I watch it on youtube now

I guess you will have mad people in any country though
    Forum Member
    boxx wrote: »
    16 months on it's still some of the most shocking TV I've ever seen, or ever will, the follow-up was fascinating too. That series of Traffic Cops was fantastic, the programme didn't shy away from the fatalities and as such were often unsettling to watch, but very compelling television. I'm a fan of these types of show and the Beeb do them very well. I doubt anything will come close to that particular episode though!

I agree. I hadn't heard about it at the time and found it on You Tube while just surfing around. I was totally not prepared for what happened and although it was disturbing, it was compulsive viewing.

So many unanswered questions and 24 hours after watching it, I am still seeing the awful scenes in my head.:eek:
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember that. The murder happened literally just up the road from me, in Fenton.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't she due to be released soonish as well? I think the most recent documentary said that they couldn't hold her indefinitely in light of her mental problems as she seemed lucid for the trial. You'd have to worry for anyone that is near her after she is out.
  • grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hindsight shows that the biggest shame is that at least one of them wasn't killed when they were hit by the lorries.
    Forum Member
    How on earth did the other sister survive being hit by and going under the wheels of a HGV at that speed? Lord almighty.