Claduia Colby to become the new Rovers landlady?

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
Read here

Sounds like it's not just us here who like her :D

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that her name? Claudia Colby.

I thought she was in Dynasty. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id rather have Alexis Colby :D;)
  • skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    Is that her name? Claudia Colby.

I thought she was in Dynasty. :)

Now Jimmy - I'm ashamed - You know that was Claudia Blaisdel Carrington. (sp)!

Never a Colby! :)

Steph
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Claudia, she's so funny, maybe she would like you to be the cat :L
  • rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know the real reason we don't see Beverley Callard (Liz Mcdonald) in the programme at the moment?
  • charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would be fantastic. Having her as the Rovers Landlady would be great viewing, and I'd love to see her employ Eileen!
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'd be great as the new landlady. Plus it makes more sense for an outsider to come in and take over the pub than have someone from the street just randomly decide to buy it. However, I was wondering would the Rovers even change hands when Liz leaves? Isn't it just a case that she runs it but it's actually Steve that owns it?
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she ain't buying the butchers then
  • conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Steve owns the pub, but has a criminal record, so can't have his name over the door, which is why Liz has been running it. With Liz leaving, he would either have to sell, or bring in a manager. Looks like
    he may be having money troubles though,
    so will no doubt sell.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve only ever bought it for Liz anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Claudia is perfect to take over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, another character I don't like.

Rovers Landlady would be the perfect job for Leanne.
  • IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rifleman19 wrote: »
    Do we know the real reason we don't see Beverley Callard (Liz Mcdonald) in the programme at the moment?

Thought I read somewhere that she`d been ill with nervous exhaustion or something similar - she`s better now though.
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idacyder wrote: »
    Thought I read somewhere that she`d been ill with nervous exhaustion or something similar - she`s better now though.

Thought I'd read she'd done a new 'keep fat' video for the Christmas market?

Don't like the sound of Claudia Carrington-Colby taking over the Rovers. Not keen on the character and Rula Lenska's voice grates on my ears. She should buy the butchers, a bit of old mutton selling a bit of old mutton.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toggler wrote: »

Don't like the sound of Claudia Carrington-Colby taking over the Rovers. Not keen on the character and Rula Lenska's voice grates on my ears. She should buy the butchers, a bit of old mutton selling a bit of old mutton.

:D:D:D

LOL, could not agree more.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    skf1 wrote: »
    Now Jimmy - I'm ashamed - You know that was Claudia Blaisdel Carrington. (sp)!

Never a Colby! :)

Steph

You're quite right Steph.
    I could have sworn Claudia married Jeff Colby - but you are right she was never a Colby. :o

I thought Pamela Bellwood played the part to perfection. :)
  • greygrey Posts: 5,022
    Forum Member
    Rula Lenska will be a great addition to the cast
    Ten times better that the latest comeback girl, the gurning Kate Ford
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Colbys/Dynasty and the like, they should have brought back Ken's ex from the barge to run it.

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons. :D

Plus Stephanie Beacham is a real bit of class, Rula's character has come off as a bit of a spiteful stirrer/ Cougar.

But as a Cougar is a predatory older woman of around her 40's, perhaps 'Sabre toothed Tiger' would be more apt. ;)
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Claudia the lady who was laughing her head off when Gail threw the cake at Deirdre?
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're quite right Steph.
    I could have sworn Claudia married Jeff Colby - but you are right she was never a Colby. :o

I thought Pamela Bellwood played the part to perfection. :)
    She did sleep with Mr. Upside Down Eyebrows but they never wandered down the aisle. ;)
    youngswede wrote: »
    Is Claudia the lady who was laughing her head off when Gail threw the cake at Deirdre?
    Yep, that's her. :)
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope its true :)
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She and Audreh can always argue over who takes precedence....a Polish Countess or an Honourable, daughter of a Lord.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    porshacat wrote: »
    Speaking of Colbys/Dynasty and the like, they should have brought back Ken's ex from the barge to run it.

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons. :D

Plus Stephanie Beacham is a real bit of class, Rula's character has come off as a bit of a spiteful stirrer/ Cougar.

But as a Cougar is a predatory older woman of around her 40's, perhaps 'Sabre toothed Tiger' would be more apt. ;)

Ken's Face would be a picture :D
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Superb news - this is what I've been hoping for
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rifleman19 wrote: »

I think the actress might have had a breakdown? I'm guessing she's okay now though as she's now a panelist on Loose Women :D