• andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to argue more and drive cars they can run into
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    callmediva wrote: »
    Have you never watched the BBC coverage of a Grand Prix?

The theme music is the Chain by Fleetwood Mac :)

edit: Oh apprarntly you have :o

I was amazed they didnt mention this, with the obvious F1 connection. Instead we got the old ageing rocker twaddle "we were stoned all the time taking drugs" that they all come out with.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I will stop reading this thread as it attracts the usual moaners about every episode being average and so on.

The lack of pages indicates the majority sit and enjoy it for what it is good enteraintment on a Sunday evening.

These posts spoil the show for me. So what if its an average episode I think the same can be said for most TV show debates in this part of the forum. And yes the first two episodes have been just ok but it's still the best thing on TV by a mile.

I say just enjoy the programme.
    I don't see why if you're happy with an episode that someone else who didn't should then spoil your enjoyment.

As you say the same can be said with other shows and not everyone will be satisfied be it due to their own preferences or what has happened in the show itself, or a mixture of the two. Even with a highly watched show, someone is bound not to like it and unless you're part of the show's production, you shouldn't take it personally.

As far as I can see, it's not 'the usual moaners', it's people who do enjoy the show but found that this episode lacked something - as I did. There's nothing wrong with that; that's what you get on a discussion forum, people's own opinion and it may not be always positive all the time, i.e I love love the comedy Fraiser but there are a handful of episode where I could kick in a character, or the script's a little limp, or whatever.
    That said though I could possibly understand your point if it was posts spitting vile sentiments about the programme week-by-week. . :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to argue more and drive cars they can run into

Africa Adventure 2.0 ahoy.

I wonder if Hammond finally took out James' rear window.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    93_ZJ wrote: »
    I had a look at the current BBC Worldwide sales catalogue, and series 1 is not listed. Essentially, it's been withdrawn from sale so it's not available for licensing, so you won't be seeing it broadcast anywhere. I suspect this was at the behest of Clarkson and Wilman.

It's not at all hard to get hold of, though, and watching it now, it's understandable why it's been quietly brushed under the carpet. It's not actually *bad* or anything like that, but it just feels "wrong" compared to Clarkson/Hammond/May TG.

According to sky series 1 episode 1 is on at 5pm today - http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/programme/detail/3809/318

Rawy
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rawy wrote: »
    According to sky series 1 episode 1 is on at 5pm today - http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/programme/detail/3809/318

Rawy

Four-wheeled fun with Jezza and co. Can the boys drive from Switzerland to North West England on one tank of fuel? James tests a Pagani Zonda F Roadster, and Harry Enfield guests.

No way is that series 1 episode 1?
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Four-wheeled fun with Jezza and co. Can the boys drive from Switzerland to North West England on one tank of fuel? James tests a Pagani Zonda F Roadster, and Harry Enfield guests.

According to this Harry Enfield was the guest on S1Ep1, but the rest of the descrition doesn't fit.
    http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episodes/305463

Maybe its a EPG mistake?
  • Conor the BoldConor the Bold Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Harry Enfield has been on twice. The first on the first episode and the second to avenge his famously poor showing on the track, some seasons later. So the above isn't series 1, episode 1.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that really the first series with no james may and the chubby guy who talked about second hand cars?
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    and what if you do like the show and have an interest in it yet your posts are not overly positive?

Then it's pretty likely you won't get criticized on here.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    rawy wrote: »

Rawy

NoEntry2k wrote: »
    According to this Harry Enfield was the guest on S1Ep1, but the rest of the descrition doesn't fit.
    http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episodes/305463

Maybe its a EPG mistake?
    Harry Enfield has been on twice. The first on the first episode and the second to avenge his famously poor showing on the track, some seasons later. So the above isn't series 1, episode 1.
    It's Series 12 Episode 4
    Looks like the person who does the EPG saw Zonda and Enfield and looked up the wrong episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Here's the Harry Enfield episode that is confusing you: Series 12 - Episode 4.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I see the newspaper that supported Hitler is "up in arms" over the penis stunt.

I love the way the Daily Racist manage sot make out that Twitter and a few nutters on it is somehow "public opinion"
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the big disappointment in the last episode was the lack of V8s, and my disappointment was even more acute as they were in America, on the back of road-testing those three muscle cars.

I mean, Jezza and May had even done Hammond a favour by disconnecting two of the cylinders, making the engine better (it sounded better when it started up) and he had to go and hook them back up again. Why?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the newspaper that supported Hitler is "up in arms" over the penis stunt.

I love the way the Daily Racist manage sot make out that Twitter and a few nutters on it is somehow "public opinion"

How will we ever go on now that one Twitter user has made a negative remark about the show?

It's sure for the axe. :(
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest the bit where they were on the drained lake or whatever it was. They said some Hollywood movies were filmed on it.

It looks familiar can anybody tell me if Fast and Furious and In Time were filmed there?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest the bit where they were on the drained lake or whatever it was. They said some Hollywood movies were filmed on it.

It looks familiar can anybody tell me if Fast and Furious and In Time were filmed there?

There is a list of some of the films made there on Wonkypedia, probably more in IMDB.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean the storm drains in LA? oft used in films and TV shows
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Terminator 2 was a famous one surely?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grease is possibly more famous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    And Repo Man...you melon farmers. ;)
    Forum Member
    One of my fav TG's on now on Dave. Clarkson doing the Ford Fiesta road test for Mr Needham :)
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I succumbed to watching a bit - three grown men powersliding a penis and two testicles on an LA storm drain.

And people wonder why I say it is an insult to anyone's intelligence.
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    I succumbed to watching a bit - three grown men powersliding a penis and two testicles on an LA storm drain.

Unlike cooking shows, soap operas, reality TV, game shows and crappy dramas made for 50p.

Give me Top Gear anyday, 400 million people agree.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

Where does intelligence come into it? It's purely an entertainment programme and it ticks that box alright. It's moved on from the 1970s and William Woollard test driving Austin Allegros.
This discussion has been closed.