The Camerons talk about their late disabled child

Comments

• TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Cameron is basically amoral. He's not bad, in the way a chair isn't bad.

He takes no view as to the behaviour of, say, Iain Duncan Smith for example.
    He talks of his dead son the way a stranger would talk of him.

He was selected to lead the party precisely because of this trait. He's an empty vessel.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just imagine if the Milibands were in this position & used this tragic story to try & win votes?

Can you imagine what The Sun & the Daily Torygraph would have to say?
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just imagine if the Milibands were in this position & used this tragic story to try & win votes?

Can you imagine what The Sun & the Daily Torygraph would have to say?
    Trust me, whatever they would have to say would not be as low as some of the comments on this thread.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecco66 wrote: »
    Trust me, whatever they would have to say would not be as low as some of the comments on this thread.

Perhaps Chicken Run Cameron should think think twice before dragging up his deceased child then, in a tacky attempt at getting sympathy votes.

Just when you think Desperate Dave can't sink any lower, he does this. The man isn't fit to be PM and never was.
  • Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member

We are only telling the truth, unlike Scum and Torygraph blatantly print lies to keep
    Tories in power. Please don't compare us to those lying cheats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Perhaps Chicken Run Cameron should think think twice before dragging up his deceased child then, in a tacky attempt at getting sympathy votes.

Just when you think Desperate Dave can't sink any lower, he does this. The man isn't fit to be PM and never was.
    Double post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sarah777 wrote: »
    We are only telling the truth, unlike Scum and Torygraph blatantly print lies to keep
    I will leave you both to your own devices, together with the rest of the posters on this thread. It's much easier to let you your true colours show than engage in nasty, petty name calling.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! :D

I wonder what Samantha ever saw in him to be honest. That fat piggy face he has must remind her she's actually married to Iggle Piggle.

Just spitballing here - but maybe she's not as shallow as you?

re the OP: When Cameron talks about Ivan, it's invariably because he wants to make the point about where his motivation regarding the NHS comes from. I can't recall hearing it in any other context than that.

I'm not surprised that the subject of Ivan came up in a discussion with Samantha Cameron - I'll bet she thinks about him all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One day you might grow up. We live in hope. Until then, I will leave you to your own devices.

And l'll leave you in your ignorant bliss about what a grubby, desperate loser Chicken Run is.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing quite shows up some of those people who claim to be more caring, compassionate and liberal than letting them talk about another political party. The posioned words that spew forth show that they can be just as bad (if not worse) than what they claim the other side are like.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What annoys me about Cameron, is that of all the Tory MP's who should show more compassion towards disabled people, he is the the one you would think would be, having lost a disabled son. He hasn't though and that grates me. He should know how important having DLA is towards people with disabilities, yet he is perfectly happy to see thousands lose their benefit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    Nothing quite shows up some of those people who claim to be more caring, compassionate and liberal than letting them talk about another political party. The posioned words that spew forth show that they can be just as bad (if not worse) than what they claim the other side are like.
    Well said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    He should know how important having DLA is towards people with disabilities, yet he is perfectly happy to see thousands lose their benefit.

He should know, seeing as he was happy to claim it himself!

Cameron was born a millionaire. His wife was a born multi-millionaire. And Cameron has done nothing but cut and take from people who have absolutely nothing to the point some have taken their lives in desperation. It's disgusting, his own double standards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

Here's an example from the newspapers today with them in full swing.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/568476/Frank-Moody-Nazi-war-hero-Ukip-poster-defaced-swastikas-Hitler
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Just spitballing here - but maybe she's not as shallow as you?

re the OP: When Cameron talks about Ivan, it's invariably because he wants to make the point about where his motivation regarding the NHS comes from. I can't recall hearing it in any other context than that.

I'm not surprised that the subject of Ivan came up in a discussion with Samantha Cameron - I'll bet she thinks about him all the time.

It seems to be for the sole purpose of gaining sympathy and pretending he cares about the NHS. Remember the Tory conference and how he mentioned his child, then the cameras cot away to his wife, almost as if it was pre-arranged. I don't bout their true feelings but the way they spin it shows Cameron to be below contempt.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Right before the general election. That,so pathetic...
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be for the sole purpose of gaining sympathy and pretending he cares about the NHS. Remember the Tory conference and how he mentioned his child, then the cameras cot away to his wife, almost as if it was pre-arranged. I don't bout their true feelings but the way they spin it shows Cameron to be below contempt.

I think this thread shows only too well that it's in the eye of the beholder. It's no surprise that the aggressively anti-Tory lot find it to be manipulative and contemptible, just as they find anything Cameron does to be manipulative and contemptible. So I'm not sure we're learning anything of value from their comments on this.

I don't know whether you remember the fuss about Jack Monro's tweets on this issue. That became a National issue and we're basically having a replay of that here right now.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Yes. He uses it as his trump card. He had great service from the NHS so all is well in healthland. Let's ignore those who've not has a great experience, who's name won't get the staff jumping through hoops, who watch their elderly and sick relatives neglected because there just aren't enough staff. Another example of his 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Yes. He uses it as his trump card. He had great service from the NHS so all is well in healthland. Let's ignore those who've not has a great experience, who's name won't get the staff jumping through hoops, who watch their elderly and sick relatives neglected because there just aren't enough staff. Another example of his 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.

The thing is he's now used the same speech so many times, people are just seeing right through him.
  • OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member

Then again there did seem to be a change in Cameron's personality after his child died. It's almost as if he's trying too hard not to let it influence his decisions. Rather than a cynical attempt to elicit sympathy his word for word repetition of the way he "dealt" with it shows he's going into autopilot and emotionally disconnected. Perhaps some form of bereavement counseling might be in order.
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    What annoys me about Cameron, is that of all the Tory MP's who should show more compassion towards disabled people, he is the the one you would think would be, having lost a disabled son. He hasn't though and that grates me. He should know how important having DLA is towards people with disabilities, yet he is perfectly happy to see thousands lose their benefit.

Spot on CELT. I think that most people who have experience of serious disability will have empathy and understanding towards others in a similar position. I am sure that Cameron loved his son and I have every sympathy for their situation. I don't begrudge Cameron claiming DLA in respect of his son as he met the very strict eligibility criteria although, personally, if I were already a multi-millionaire I would not have put in a claim.

However, for someone who has experience of serious disability he seems to have very little empathy and understanding of others who are currently experiencing serious disability. Disabled people have already been hit the hardest and yet it seems very likely that the most seriously disabled will be hit by more savage cuts after the election if the Conservatives win. He is quite content to let disabled people worry about what is going to happen to them after the election by refusing to come clean on the latest proposed £12bn welfare cuts, which is rather nasty imo. This will undoubtedly have an adverse effect on the health of many such people.

Cameron can say all he wants about his son but I will continue to judge him on actions rather than words. It is no surprise to me that a recent poll of disabled people showed support for his party dropping from 15.5% in 2010 to just 0.9% for the upcoming election.
  • Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member

Please don't do a Sun or a Torygraph of my post. We have sympathy for all the people who have lost children or children who are very seriously ill and people who are suffering. My point is have some integrity and stop playing the Violin all the time. If you think you deserve to be re elected then let your policies do the talking and not the picture of your children on the front pages.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

Indeed, my son has the same condition as his son, albeit not as severe, but in the last 5 years he has lost EMA, respite, and we are clinging onto his high rate care and mobility( witch is supposedly for life) until he is forced onto PIP, he could well lose his allowance and that will be his car gone and he will have no access to the outside world. we live in fear constantly all because of the party in charge.

My other child has recently lost his high rate mobility for no reason whatsoever, his condition has worsened since the last claim, but they have slashed it.

The man is pure evil.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't do a Sun or a Torygraph of my post. We have sympathy for all the people who have lost children or children who are very seriously ill and people who are suffering. My point is have some integrity and stop playing the Violin all the time. If you think you deserve to be re elected then let your policies do the talking and not the picture of your children on the front pages.

No one's children are on the front pages.

We saw the Milibands out with their children in a park. This as released as a video.

Mrs Cameron who is not a politician is featured in a weekend magazine.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will leave you both to your own devices, together with the rest of the posters on this thread. It's much easier to let you your true colours show than engage in nasty, petty name calling.

There is no sincerity from this, you don't mean it. It's just an attempt to manipulate.

This is merely more of the same that we are seeing from Cameron.