Madonna & Guy getting divorced!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    This is the Showbiz Forum :rolleyes:

More coffee? :D

The threads have been combined. When MsMarmalade posted that it was in general discussion
  • savethecheerleasavethecheerlea Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    Thank god.....I believe guy could do better than madonna ( not that i am a fan of either of them) I just cant stand Madonna.
    Cue another music video of her going about with a top and pants on :rolleyes:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, me too, but I don't blame her one bit. He's a whining, sulky, untalented git.

God knows she tried with him, but he could never, ever cope with the fact that she was far more talented and successful than he will ever be. What a fragile ego duff men like him have! :rolleyes:

It's very tough for clever successful women to fit into the trad marriage set up. Men like Guy need an adoring little woman cooking them a roast dinner and boosting their ego continuously. They need to be needed.

There are rare and wonderful men out there who actually like a wife who is a true partner, and who can handle a clever and talented woman but they are very few and far between.

Go Madonna! You don't need him and he knows it.

I'd say in any marriage break up it's most likely to be six of one, half a dozen of the other. Perhaps he couldn't cope with her success, but perhaps she was totally oblivious to his needs, adopted a baby from Africa, even though her marriage was going down the toilet, and may well have driven the poor bloke to insanity with her superhuman persona. Don't get me wrong - I love Madge, but I bet she's a frigging nightmare to live with:eek::D
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    drum wrote: »
    Madonna's to ropey anyway. Time for a younger model Guy :D

I'm so tired of comments like these. As if it's got anything to do with Madonna's age..... she's not the only one who's gotten older the last 10 years ........we all have.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The threads have been combined. When MsMarmalade posted that it was in general discussion

Ah, I see. Thanks for correction fireflies, and apologies for teasing MsM :)

There's no way of knowing that threads have been combined though, unless you're on DS all day or all morning, which I confess I'm not. Am I forgiven? ;)
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong - I love Madge, but I bet she's a frigging nightmare to live with:eek::D

I'd say you were probably dead right there. She's totally single minded: you have to be if you are that much of a mega star.

It's probably time she realised that marriage is not going to work for her and that she should stick to serial monogamy.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of either of them but, to give them their due, they do seem to have put a lot of effort into trying to save the marriage, so I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for them.
    Forum Member
    I'd say you were probably dead right there. She's totally single minded: you have to be if you are that much of a mega star.

It's probably time she realised that marriage is not going to work for her and that she should stick to serial monogamy.

Robyn, who supported Madonna at some of her gigs, said she was told not to look at Madonna, speak to her or approach her! If that's true, I'd imagine she really is a nightmare to be around, never mind live with! Her ego must've taken up all the room in that marriage!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else notice how gleefully Fiona Philips reported this on GMTV this morning. She clearly does not like Madonna and could hardly contain herself - she all but accused Madonna of being a bad mother
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even mentioned in The Times: http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/celebrity/article4945979.ece

Now that is class.

Its still not confirmed though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Ah, I see. Thanks for correction fireflies, and apologies for teasing MsM :)

There's no way of knowing that threads have been combined though, unless you're on DS all day or all morning, which I confess I'm not. Am I forgiven? ;)

Of course you are... unless you're suggesting I'm on DS all day?! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't know why a lot of these celebrities get married in the first place. We all know that their vows are certainly not till death do us part. It's really just a huge publicity effort and then it becomes too much of an effort to maintain the outward appearance of a loving couple.

It's all about the physical, love has nothing at all to do with it. Unless of course we are confusing love with lust.

As always I wonder how the children will be affected. I'm sure they won't want for material things, but kids are funny little creatures, they do like continuity in parenting and tend to react badly if that isn't there.
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not surprised at this,it was on the cards.

not a fan of either but prefer him to her...just.

im sure he could do better,feel sorry for Rocco though.
    cute kid.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say in any marriage break up it's most likely to be six of one, half a dozen of the other. Perhaps he couldn't cope with her success, but perhaps she was totally oblivious to his needs, adopted a baby from Africa, even though her marriage was going down the toilet, and may well have driven the poor bloke to insanity with her superhuman persona. Don't get me wrong - I love Madge, but I bet she's a frigging nightmare to live with:eek::D

I agree Pru...

I too am a big Madge fan but I find her attitude towards her marriage in the last couple of years quite offensive. Increasinly her attitude has been "Its my way or the high way". But historically Guy has also been stubborn re location etc. I simply dont think Madge could tolerate a person who stood up to her long term tbh (it might be a novelty for the short term) and any partner of hers will eventually feel stifled by her overbearing controlling behaviour. So sadly Im afraid she will struggle to have a long term successful relationship....

IF there is any truth about this other younger man in her life then I dont expect that to last long. Not only is he MUCH younger than her, but it appears that men struggle to be Mr. Madonna.... Guy lasted 10 years (including courtship)- not a bad innings....
  • SuperTed187SuperTed187 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The early morning news outlets "reporting" this news were actually all referencing the fact that the Sun had said it.

Anyways they are both really annoying people in the public limelight. I hope they look after their Kids and stop doing twattish things like:

Pretend you are from a poor background when you are actually from a privelidged background.
    Jump on the bandwagon of anything popular, like diss Sarah Palin AT A POP CONCERT, or make a pathetic attempt at authoring a Kid's book purely because you've seen how sucessful and popular JK Rowling got through Harry Potter.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One note director divorces ropey old hasbeen:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought they would make it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this. Their spokesperson asks that the media respect their privacy.

That's right, the woman who has been using the media to her own ends for the last 25 years is asking for media privacy. Rubbish.

She's pushed herself in the limelight ad nauseum all her career so she can expect more of the same now.

Works both ways Madge.
  • bluebitchboybluebitchboy Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna seems completely unloveable - hence why she has never enjoyed the same affection from the british public than for Kylie, for instance. Its sad that anyone gets divorced, particularly for the kids, but i think Madonnas power hungry attitude would turn even the most red blooded male.

Well, that and the fact she looks like a tranny.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a shame. They kinda 'worked' as a couple. She was the uber glamourous and rich American, and he was a down to earth Englishman.

I know she is talented and she is on a tour now, but I kinda felt that at her age she might want someone who she 'could' settle down with when the time was right and she wanted to slow down.

I feel sorry for the kids. Obviously they both dote on them. I wonder what will happen with the adoption of their child. I forget his name. I didnt think the adoption was 100% legal yet .... even though a long time had past. Maybe thats why they kept the split quiet ?
  • bluebitchboybluebitchboy Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talizman wrote: »
    I like this. Their spokesperson asks that the media respect their privacy.

That's right, the woman who has been using the media to her own ends for the last 25 years is asking for media privacy. Rubbish.

She's pushed herself in the limelight ad nauseum all her career so she can expect more of the same now.

Works both ways Madge.

Amen to that.
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I think its a shame. They kinda 'worked' as a couple. She was the uber glamourous and rich American, and he was a down to earth Englishman.

I know she is talented and she is on a tour now, but I kinda felt that at her age she might want someone who she 'could' settle down with when the time was right and she wanted to slow down.

I feel sorry for the kids. Obviously they both dote on them. I wonder what will happen with the adoption of their child. I forget his name. I didnt think the adoption was 100% legal yet .... even though a long time had past. Maybe thats why they kept the split quiet ?

The boy's name is David.

I think Madonna will have to physically drop before she stops!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »

Of course! how horrible for that little boy and for all their kids for that matter. After all the fuss they made with the public displays of showy togetherness! :eek: what was that renewed vows thing all about. And shock horror it looks as if the lovely Piers Moron was right