Options

Nicest/Most awful celeb you have met?

Comments

• Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met a few celebs, Andy Murray who was very nice,He was staying in the same hotel as I outside Miami when he was in Miami tournement two years ago. I had known him when he was a wee boy playing golf as a junior at Dunblane GC. I got a nice hug from him. I once won a dundee cake and was presented it by Anthony Hopkins, rather unsteadily. It was while he was filming When eight bells Toll on the Island of Mull. I also met Jeffrey Archer who came into my kitchen to thank me for cooking a great lunch for him at some "profile raising" do for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I met a couple of the england players at the grove hotel a few months back most of them we're quite nice.

Nice
    Theo walcott - Really shy but nice
    Gareth barry - again seemed quite quiet but was more than happy to pose for photo's with fans.
    Becks - really lovely, spent ages taking photo's and talking.
    James Milner was lovely too.

Not nice
    John terry - Blanked everyone, a bit of an arse, talking really loudly on his phone in the lift and then shoved his way out when he got to his floor.

Stuart Pearce seemed a bit on an arse as well.
  • Options
    SonofaBeastSonofaBeast Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade_1 wrote: »
    I met a couple of the england players at the grove hotel a few months back most of them we're quite nice.

Nice
    Theo walcott - Really shy but nice
    Gareth barry - again seemed quite quiet but was more than happy to pose for photo's with fans.
    Becks - really lovely, spent ages taking photo's and talking.
    James Milner was lovely too.

Not nice
    John terry - Blanked everyone, a bit of an arse, talking really loudly on his phone in the lift and then shoved his way out when he got to his floor.

Stuart Pearce seemed a bit on an arse as well.

I've met JT several times and he's always been really nice and polite and stopped for chats / autographs. Once he was being told to move by one of the coaching staff and he refused to go until he'd signed all the autographs for people waiting.
  • Options
    samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice - Gary Lineaker. In fact he was absolutely charming. I was at an Awards Ceremony and this child kept pestering him and he was so patient with her and answered all her questions and he was lovely to me too.

The Spinners - really friendly.

Nerys Hughes (from The Liver Birds) - notta nice .

John Alderton - okay - bumped into him in Woolworths many years ago but he spoilt himself when there was a bread strike and he demanded to go to the front of the queue at The Bakers saying "don't you know who I am". A lady in front of me said "I don't care if you are the Pope - you have to queue like the rest of us." He was not a happy man!

Pauline Collins - a very nice person.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »

John Alderton - okay - bumped into him in Woolworths many years ago but he spoilt himself when there was a bread strike and he demanded to go to the front of the queue at The Bakers saying "don't you know who I am".

Do people actually really say that in real life!?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Guys
    Bruce Forsyth (Pro/celeb golf aka 1980)
    Ronnie Corbett (At same pro/celeb golf competition as Bruce)
    Brian Jacks (Dad trained in same judo club as Brian)
    Zoe Ball & Norman Cook (Amazing who you meet in BHS while browsing kids clothing!)

Nobs
    Pat Sharpe (Local radio DJ who thought his mullet made him the big 'I am'
    Tommy Cooper (At that same pro/celeb golf comp. Was moody and irritated)
    Daley Thompson (Crawley Leisure Centre welcome home event after winning his Gold Olympic medal)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Jason Orange, Jude Law, both very nice and scruffy. JL was funny and friendly as well and sexy in real life, in a way that doesn't come across to me on screen. David Tennant - quite stressed when in DW, but seen him since and he was perfectly friendly. Chris Eccleston - dirty! (in the good way!) Eileen Atkins - vague and sweet, didn't understand that I knew who she was. Irek Mukhamedev (ballet dancer) - I had a great time with him when I met him on the Tube! Kay Burley - delight. Friendly and cute and always 'up'. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - nice woman. John Travolta was slim but grey when I met him and seemed like a nice guy.

Sheila Hancock is a horror. Rude, abrupt, up herself in the most unnecessary way. That man Liza Minelli last married is a tiresome little fool. Amanda Holden, bit haughty. Lynsey Marshall, who's in that period lawyer thing, playing a Lady Something-Or-Other - success absolutely RACED to that young lady's head, taking no prisoners along the way.

Never asked any of them for autographs or anything like that. But Nicest - definitely James Purefoy. Most awful - step on down, Ms Hancock, and if you twist your ankle doing so, it'll be all right by me.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people actually really say that in real life!?:rolleyes:
    Yep. I was in a BT shop in Hounslow when Gordon Kaye ('ello 'ello) said those very words and demanded to be served before everyone else. Fortunately he was put in his place.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Yep. I was in a BT shop in Hounslow when Gordon Kaye ('ello 'ello) said those very words and demanded to be served before everyone else. Fortunately he was put in his place.

Well, let's be charitable, and assume that having his head impaled by a large branch, during the '87 storms impaired his sense of proper behaviour somewhat.

Seriously though, anyone who actually comes out with the phrase, 'Don't you know who I am?' is just asking for a major slapping-down!
  • Options
    rors401rors401 Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicest:
    Gethin Jones

Not Nice:
    Rhydian Roberts (didn't personally meet him but was in audience for one of his shows and he was a complete diva and didn't care for his fans - ignored them and did things how he wanted :(.)

Also my friend met Princess Anne once and she (Anne) gave her dirty looks for no paticular reason at all!

I get really annoyed about horrible snobby celebrities who only mix with other famous people and snub normal people yet act on TV so nice and caring! :mad:
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicest- Mariah Carey

I haven't met any awful ones.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rors401 wrote: »
    Nicest:
    my friend met Princess Anne once and she (Anne) gave her dirty looks for no paticular reason at all!

I imagine that's just how all the royals are, sneering at us commoners.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Nightshade from Gladiators when I was like six, lovely woman.

My friend met Mark Wright off TOWIE who was at a local nightclub last night, said he was very nice.

Chatted on the telephone and via email to the utterly charming Treyc Cohen (was in Series 7 of The X Factor) for an interview for the website I write for. She's every inch the lady and speaks to everyone like she's known them for years, completely delighted because I was a big fan but didn't expect her to be as nic as she is.

Oh and my sister met Paddy off Emmerdale who was lovely and Rhys and Mercedes off Hollyoaks who were exactly the opposite.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicest:
    Gethin Jones

Not Nice:
    Rhydian Roberts (didn't personally meet him but was in audience for one of his shows and he was a complete diva and didn't care for his fans - ignored them and did things how he wanted :(.)

Also my friend met Princess Anne once and she (Anne) gave her dirty looks for no paticular reason at all!

I get really annoyed about horrible snobby celebrities who only mix with other famous people and snub normal people yet act on TV so nice and caring! :mad:

Princess Anne came to our workplace a while back and couldn't have been nicer. Very down to earth, chatty and friendly, didn't expect bows or curtseys and was just like...one of us! She didn't rush off and her entourage were great as well - just nice normal people.

Maybe your friend caught her on a bad day? Or maybe we caught her on a good one!
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I imagine that's just how all the royals are, sneering at us commoners.

Then you imagine wrong^ ^:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I met Nightshade from Gladiators when I was like six, lovely woman.

My friend met Mark Wright off TOWIE who was at a local nightclub last night, said he was very nice.

Chatted on the telephone and via email to the utterly charming Treyc Cohen (was in Series 7 of The X Factor) for an interview for the website I write for. She's every inch the lady and speaks to everyone like she's known them for years, completely delighted because I was a big fan but didn't expect her to be as nic as she is.

Oh and my sister met Paddy off Emmerdale who was lovely and Rhys and Mercedes off Hollyoaks who were exactly the opposite.

As in were horrible??? find it hard to belive the girl that plays mercedes seems nice.
  • Options
    poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Nicest:
    Gethin Jones

Not Nice:

:

Have to completely disagree on this one. Met Rhydian during his time on the X factor, he was just wondering Oxford Street alone in one of the final weeks - and I literally walked into him - not realising who he was and said "Sorry, er... you off the X factor" and realised what I said - to which he just laughed and we talked, he signed my school planner and took a photo with me. He was very very nice, if a little shy.
    A few more people noticed him after me and he spent time with all of them. Popbitch say he's one of the nicest.

He could have been worse, I saw Alexa Chung on Oxf Street weeks later and when some young girls walked hopefully towards her, she pulled out her phone and pretended to be talking to someone.

Also cue Girls Aloud, I was at a Britney Concert a few months ago (cant say where) and got talking to the security outside, one was very frank about how Sarah Harding is absolutely vile and (well we know now) had a drink problem. They did say Cheryl and Nicola were the nicest. Nadine had a seperate dressing room, etc.

Please refer to this more recent thread:http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=925567&page=83
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister met Princess Anne a few years back at a horseriding show, she said how nice she was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Marc Almond - really lovely and chatty and friendly, complimented me on my hair!
    Pete de Freitas (RIP) - also a lovely man, stood and chatted after an Echo and the Bunnymen concert, we only got a wave from the bus from Ian McCulloch ;)
    George Michael - gorgeous and just mmmm, lovely. I met him in the summer of 1988, he was all steaky blond hair and beautiful! (and funny)
    Robbie Williams - I met him just after he left TT in a nightclub in Stoke, I was into indie music in a big way and was a bit 'whatever' with him when introduced. How I regret that now!
    I met Ryan Giggs on a flight to Malaga when he was sitting right in front of me, he comforted me on my fear of flying and told me he hates it too. He was really nice, his wife was a bit of a sour puss though!
    I think that's everyone I've met.
    My mum has met Paula Radcliffe and said she was lovely, tiny and very pretty in real life. She has also met Seb Coe back in the early 80s and also Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy, both of whom she found to be really nice people.
  • Options
    DJ SlipmattDJ Slipmatt Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    My mate met Jimmy White outside a nightclub and ponced half of Jimmies **** off him. He kept that stinking butt in a **** packet for years.

I sat opposite Graham Norton once on the tube and clocked him. This was before he was really well known and used to present some late night sex quiz with the lady off Naked Video. He realised that I had clocked him and couldn't get off the train quick enough at his stop - lol!

As if I was going to say to him - "Aren't you that bloke of that really crap late night sex quiz?" As if I would even embarrass myself by admitting I watched it!

We also saw Michael Barrymore mincing around carefree quite soon after the murder at his house. We were quite awful to him and don't regret it for a second!
  • Options
    marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work at a golf club and met lots of celebs.

Graham Sharp and Michael Owen were regulars there and are really sound, down to earth men. David Platt, another footballer is a complete kn*b, rude and ignorant. I met Phil Redmond and Paul Usher and they were hilarious, totally non starry.
  • Options
    4STIX4STIX Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    After lurking on here for ages and then joining up I found this thread. Please please could I have the LW and DW Pms please?
    Please don`t tell me I`m too late...........Lol
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate met Jimmy White outside a nightclub and ponced half of Jimmies **** off him. He kept that stinking butt in a **** packet for years.

I sat opposite Graham Norton once on the tube and clocked him. This was before he was really well known and used to present some late night sex quiz with the lady off Naked Video. He realised that I had clocked him and couldn't get off the train quick enough at his stop - lol!

As if I was going to say to him - "Aren't you that bloke of that really crap late night sex quiz?" As if I would even embarrass myself by admitting I watched it!

We also saw Michael Barrymore mincing around carefree quite soon after the murder at his house. We were quite awful to him and don't regret it for a second!

Why should you be awful to him for?
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I'm not trawling back through this thread to check, but I vaguely remember folk saying Eamonn Holmes wasn't very nice?

My mate's husband works in a hotel and met Eamonn today. He was happy to pose for a pic, her husband sent it to her then Eamonn called her. She thanked him on twitter later and he replied.