What do you think future generations will find amusing about us?

2»

Comments

• dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OleSmokey wrote: »
    I was thinking about this the other day, how the 2000s will be looked upon in the coming decades....

Our stupidity in celebrity worship
    How bland and unimaginative the music was.
    How annoying the middle east was

Certainly agree with you regarding Middle East.What a complete pain that place is.
  • TullochgormTullochgorm Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    How we prepared mashed potatoes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our bizarre antipathy to body hair.

Our often coarse and badly drawn tattoos.

CD's that died a death if they got a fingerprint on.

Hideous black fillings on our teeth.

Gastric bypasses as the only effective way to reduce an uncontrollable appetite.

Voting by putting a pencil cross on a piece of card at a primary school.

Cheques.

Bombs being dismantled by a man in a padded suit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That people shoot and kill each other because they don't believe in a god or the 'right' god.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People will probably look at all the faintly pointy stones that are in museums, labelled 'stone age arrowhead' and the like and smirk at what silly sausages we were.

Also, the idea that burning stuff was seen as a good source of power. I read it in a book somewhere, so can't take credit for it, but if an alien saw our planet being soaked in photons all day every day, and then heard us moaning we had an energy crisis, they would think we were crazy. It's like standing in a shower and moaning that you're thirsty.....

Sadly, as for all the people saying about celebrity, or social networking, or low-grade entertainment, those will get worse not better.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sight of hundreds of people (especially from above) leaving an office block at the same time. All walking slowly with a slight stoop,all looking intently at a small object in their right hand.....
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they will be amused, they will be unamused that they didn't listen to people that talk a lotta sense.
  • BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    The sight of hundreds of people (especially from above) leaving an office block at the same time. All walking slowly with a slight stoop,all looking intently at a small object in their right hand.....

Excuse me, some of us are left handed and don't work in office blocks. :p
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katana1000 wrote: »
    Celebrity worshipping, be it royals, actors or worse those celebs who I've never heard of who go on that celeb big brother show or that i'm a celeb get me outta here .
    Pretinama wrote: »
    I think they would laugh at:

- our cult of celebrity

I disagree. There always were celebrities and always will be.
    kranal wrote: »
    Spending endless time on comunication devices wondering what people think or interested in you on facebook

I think that will be more prevalent, not less.
  • Viscount ByronViscount Byron Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerry Katona.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Twitter/Facebook
    Our shambles of a government (unless theirs is worse god forbid)
    They might laugh at the pathetic excuses the 2011 London Rioters gave for their actions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our paper books, for being so wasteful of wood. In the future, most reading matter will be on Kindle-type pads, or on computers. Hard-copy paper will be rationed to important documents, to conserve trees, which will be becoming an endangered species, with expanding population and agriculture reducing green belts.
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kindles need petrochemicals to be made. Plastics , Oil, finite metals. Books if made from reknewable trees are far more environmentally friendly. Plus they feel and smell nicer :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InkyPinky wrote: »
    Kindles need petrochemicals to be made. Plastics , Oil, finite metals. Books if made from reknewable trees are far more environmentally friendly. Plus they feel and smell nicer :)

Well, will big business use that as its guiding principle?
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, will big business use that as its guiding principle?

Will consumers be willing to pay for it? Big business will only sell what people buy. Consumers drive.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gallox wrote: »
    That people shoot and kill each other because they don't believe in a god or the 'right' god.

I think that is unbelievable and senseless,even now.