Strictly missing Alesha!

jacqueline_greejacqueline_gree Posts: 1,053
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seeing Alesha thrive on Britain's got Talent just demonstrates how restrictive being a judge on strictly is.

She is one of the main attractions for BGT at the moment and it's easy to see why! Compare that to Darcy whose middle name may as well be 'dull', there really is no competition!

Some people hated Alesha but it was a lot more entertaining when she was on it! I'm happy that Alesha was brave enough to move shows because now she seems a lot happier and is increasing her profile whilst getting paid more!

Comments

• pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing Alesha thrive on Britain's got Talent just demonstrates how restrictive being a judge on strictly is.

She is one of the main attractions for BGT at the moment and it's easy to see why! Compare that to Darcy whose middle name may as well be 'dull', there really is no competition!

Some people hated Alesha but it was a lot more entertaining when she was on it! I'm happy that Alesha was brave enough to move shows because now she seems a lot happier and is increasing her profile whilst getting paid more!

Know all about the above but she knew little or nothing about dance technique and in particular lacked any viable advice for the male contestants
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    Rearrange the words....

A hole the missing Like in Alesha head

Cowells minions have started posting early!
    They haven't even got a winner yet for BGT let alone have time for them to plant stories about them being signed up for Strictly !!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    Know all about the above but she knew little or nothing about dance technique and in particular lacked any viable advice for the male contestants

Other than saying to the good-looking ones, that she liked their tight trousers.:D

She was a great contestant, but a lousy judge.
  • jacqueline_greejacqueline_gree Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lousy judge you say? Questionable!

Alesha was the only ever judge with the ability of empathy! She truly understood what the contestants were going through and what was a realistic standard for them as amateurs! Alesha wasn't judging as a professional, you have to remember that and that kind of critique is vital for contestants.

Her camaraderie, charisma and ability to have fun was second to none and added that much needed 'spark' to the panel.

This isn't a professional dance competition, it's an entertainment show; hence the need for entertaining judges. Darcy is not that.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was absolute dire and Strictly was better without her.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Rearrange the words....

A hole the missing Like in Alesha head

Like Alesha missing? Head in the a-hole!

Saucy!

What do I win?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Alesha haters are quite uneducated! Wasn't expecting that.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BGT is her level. Which says as much about BGT as it does about her.

Anyway she decided to leave so it's her loss rather than ours.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's more suited to BGT.
    I like Darcey on Strictly, she gives good advice.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    I thought BGT were scraping the barrel last week when the VTR centred around her looking for a said she was looking for a good dance act. I always thought she was a singer and would have been looking for a "voice". The VTR seemed a very poor attempt to remind viewers that a SCD judge defected to ITV, instead all it did was remind me of how glad I was to see her go.

I gave her the benefit of doubt for a long time believing that she was the "empathy" judge but, "Craiggate" put paid to that and in the end I was glad to see the back of her. A lovely looking girl but, clearly out of her depth when judging on SCD. Darcey is a fantastic replacement and not only empathizes with contestants she gives advice on technique in a way that Alesha can only dream of.
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a brilliant judge on Strictly, and I really miss her presence. Glad she's doing a great job on BGT - she's a lovely woman who is finally receiving the praise she deserves!
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lousy judge you say? Questionable!

Alesha was the only ever judge with the ability of empathy! She truly understood what the contestants were going through and what was a realistic standard for them as amateurs! Alesha wasn't judging as a professional, you have to remember that and that kind of critique is vital for contestants.

Her camaraderie, charisma and ability to have fun was second to none and added that much needed 'spark' to the panel.

This isn't a professional dance competition, it's an entertainment show; hence the need for entertaining judges. Darcy is not that.

Couldn't agree more!
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

Haters? Oh dear.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Haters? Oh dear.

You've come out with similar 'hater', 'jellus' childish arguments against posters who dare to criticise Katherine Jenkins!

It's actually against the terms and conditions of the forum to insult forum members. Maybe you don't know this because you're new here but here are the terms and conditions of the forum.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/about/terms-and-conditions/

It's a very childish argument to call someone a 'hater' - I don't see any 'hate' on this thread - just some posters who think Alesha wasn't that great a judge on SCD - a view that they should be entitled to express without being insulted!
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Alesha on Strictly, her enthusiasm and empathy trumped her lack of knowledge and in her final series before the move to BGT, I loved the way she took the piss out of Len. I thought I'd miss her but her replacement, the gorgeous and knowledgable Darcey, is so much better that I'm surprised at how little I miss Alesha.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just because some of us didn't like Alesha as a judge on Strictly doesn't mean we "hate" her. Hate is a horrible word, and shouldn't be used in this context.

And Alesha "haters" being uneducated? That is so incredibly rude.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    And Alesha "haters" being uneducated?
    I believe the poster is saying, at that time in the evening those keen on education would be attending evening classes to improve themselves.

The truth is some persons hate evening classes so much they would rather stay at home and subject themselves to one hour of Alesha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha may be good on Britain's got Talent but she was useless a panellist on Strictly.

Unfortuately she had too little experience to judge ballroom dancing.

Darcy has been an excellent choice for the position and I hope she stays for a long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether Darcey is more qualified to give professional and technical critique, the fact remains, she is boring. Of course, I gave Darcey a chance when she first joined the panel, "you should at least give her a chance" I said, "you never know, she might surprise you" I said. But no, she is just incredibly boring.

In fact, Bruno looks incredibly lost without Alesha. You can see that he misses her and is missing that relationship with Alesha.

I too am glad that Alesha is now getting the credit she deserves but I just wish she would have got it when she was on Strictly. Two different audiences generally equals different cultural and alternative backgrounds, maybe that's why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether Darcey is more qualified to give professional and technical critique, the fact remains, she is boring. Of course, I gave Darcey a chance when she first joined the panel, "you should at least give her a chance" I said, "you never know, she might surprise you" I said. But no, she is just incredibly boring.

In fact, Bruno looks incredibly lost without Alesha. You can see that he misses her and is missing that relationship with Alesha.

I too am glad that Alesha is now getting the credit she deserves but I just wish she would have got it when she was on Strictly. Two different audiences generally equals different cultural and alternative backgrounds, maybe that's why.
    Those are your opinions and and not the facts that you make them out to be.

It's your opinion that Darcey is boring. Some may find her 'boring' - others find her a refreshing change and an interesting addition to the panel.

I didn't notice Bruno looking 'incredibly lost' last series. He looked his usual buoyant self - he was successfully doing Strictly and the American version a long time before Alesha came on the scene so I think it's way off to suggest he can't cope without her - I'd take an educated guess that since he's been in show business a very long time and on Strictly since it started that he got over Alesha leaving very quickly ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add on - the viewing figures for the last series of SCD were one of the highest - I'm sure there are some people who miss Alesha but it certainly didn't show in the ratings.

I also disagree with the claim made in the OP that Alesha is one of the 'main attractions' on BGT - I'll admit it's not a show I'm really into but from I what I've heard the revival of the fortunes of that show is more to do with Simon Cowell returning to the panel and it could also be argued that David Walliams is a bigger attraction than Alesha and didn't Cowell admit his only reason for hiring Alesha was to get one over on the BBC? Massive fail there on his part if that's the case, because Strictly is thriving without Alesha as shown by the ratings last series.
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was Alesha's finest hour - she showed leadership when the other judges, including Mr Big Organiser, sat dumb. She is the main reason why I watch the show and one day she should be fronting her own show

Malaki Paul Uncut [HD] - Britains got talent 2012 (auditions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txPQC8NB_-M
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeidiB wrote: »
    Alesha may be good on Britain's got Talent but she was useless a panellist on Strictly.

Unfortuately she had too little experience to judge ballroom dancing.

She had enough to win it, which is more than any of the others did.
  • crimsonlakecrimsonlake Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure what the original poster's point is. Good luck to Alesha if she's earning more money on BGT but it doesn't prove that she's a loss to SCD. I found her relentless cackling, her inane patronising comments, and lack of expertise really irritating and am glad she's gone to a show I never watch. Darcey has much more to offer as a judge and is just as good humoured and far wittier. The other judges and both pro and celeb dancers seem to respect and appreciate her advice. She got off to a shaky start but once in her stride she seemed to make the show more relaxed for the contestants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found her --- lack of expertise
    really irritating

She had several months full-time intensive training in ballroom dancing with a top teacher, which is more than the average amateur competition couple get in two years and infinitely more than Craig or Bruno who had none at all - in fact I doubt if they had ever even thought about ballroom before they smelled money and became instant "experts".

I remember when the show first started Craig supposedly wrote a book about the subject, but it turned out to have been really written by Len. What Craig did was not clear - perhaps he took the manuscript to the publisher and brought the proofs back.