Options

Has Digital Spy ever been this....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
Forum Member
Divided over two House mates before as this place is now with Hazel and Gina. There are two threads right now, the Hazel got papped where the Hazel fans are saying things like 'she looks wonderful' and the Gina fans are saying negative things. The next thread is about Gina at the Mayfair and the same Hazel fans are saying Gina is fake and the Gina fans are praising her.

Question is, have two has mates ever caused this much division and provoked so much hated from one group of fans towards the other group? Also am i the only one who feels the Hazel fans are by far more vocal on here?

Comments

• Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fan wars between Nikki and Aisleyne fans ran for years on here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happens whenever two female HM's dislike each other so this is nothing new, but in a few weeks no one will care anyway.
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Nikki and Aisleyne stuff was way more tedious.

There was a muffled attempt at the same with Charley and Chanelle, but really, how excited can you get about that pair?
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Be like Gina and laugh, she didn't give a 4x so neither should anyone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would love to do a survey of DS members based on age, ethnicity, occupation, and Location. I am pretty certain that some interesting results would come up in correlation between those questions and if they Support Hazel or Gina. I also noticed that a lot of people who are anti Gina are also anti Daley.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amc825 wrote: »
    I would love to do a survey of DS members based on age, ethnicity, occupation, and Location.
    I hope you've got a good sense of suspended belief and a map of the galaxy. And a pre-booking to the nearest psych ward.
    With some of the answers you'd get, I doubt even they will do:eek:
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    There's a sense in which some fans of a HM so identity with their idol that they seem to take on some of the idol's characteristics.

It's nothing new though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope you've got a good sense of suspended belief and a map of the galaxy. And a pre-booking to the nearest psych ward.
    With some of the answers you'd get, I doubt even they will do:eek:

lol.yeah, your right. I know I wouldn't put my real job down on a survey. I would put something cool, like Non Molecular Physicist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What I think is a lot of the reality show people are not naturally handsome or pretty. They try to emulate those who they think are handsome or pretty but all the fake tan, hair extensions, tight clothes and flash cars will not give them the attractiveness that Mother Nature extends to only a few, sad but true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Divided over two House mates before as this place is now with Hazel and Gina. There are two threads right now, the Hazel got papped where the Hazel fans are saying things like 'she looks wonderful' and the Gina fans are saying negative things. The next thread is about Gina at the Mayfair and the same Hazel fans are saying Gina is fake and the Gina fans are praising her.

Question is, have two has mates ever caused this much division and provoked so much hated from one group of fans towards the other group? Also am i the only one who feels the Hazel fans are by far more vocal on here?

Gina fan, dislike Hazel but can admit she looks nice in that photo, more casual. I don't get the hype over her looks but can admit she is fairly nice looking, but not nothing special.

I don't dislike Hazel because of being a Gina fan and it annoyed me the amount of energy Gina wasted on her. I think at times Hazel played Gina like a fiddle and Gina was too wrapped up in her dislike to realise her game. Had Gina wised up and not rised to Bb and Hazel's game she could have easily won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gina fan, dislike Hazel but can admit she looks nice in that photo, more casual. I don't get the hype over her looks but can admit she is fairly nice looking, but not nothing special.

I don't dislike Hazel because of being a Gina fan and it annoyed me the amount of energy Gina wasted on her. I think at times Hazel played Gina like a fiddle and Gina was too wrapped up in her dislike to realise her game. Had Gina wised up and not rised to Bb and Hazel's game she could have easily won.

I completely agree with this.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I quite liked them both. I never get this rule that if you like one you can't like the other. Faults on both side IMO...it's just plain daft.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's pathetic that people have to argue and insult other people based on who they support in Big Brother. People can have different views.

It's even happening on this thread. "Oh, well this person's supporters are like this". Utterly juvenile.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like Hazel because of her behaviour and no other reason...it had nothing to do with my liking of any other house mate
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gina - third.
    Hazel - no where.

No more needs to be said :)
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked them both to be honest but I thought they both acted extremely childish in the house with each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's pathetic that people have to argue and insult other people based on who they support in Big Brother. People can have different views.

It's even happening on this thread. "Oh, well this person's supporters are like this". Utterly juvenile.

I have just been told not to go on a Hazel thread if I didn't like her.................................yes right!!!
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been just as bad with the obsessional dislike towards Sam. There are a few posters who are so obsessed with Sam that they can hardly post anything other than their immense dislike of him. I thought it might be down to immaturity but find out that some are of the older generation. It is unbelievable that they can't let go. Just because their favourite did not win, they cannot get over it. Move on.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member

To be honest, I don't understand *any* 'fans'. When they reach the point of not conceding fair negatives about their fave and really slating their fave's 'enemy', they've lost it IMO and it all becomes laughable white noise.

As a non-'fan' type, and particularly not much liking Hazel and to a lesser degree Gina, I've been vehemently accused of being both a Gina and a Hazel fan repeatedly, depending on which opinion I've given about whichever incident :D

Without doubt there has been an enormous amount of this on both sides - and any arguing about 'who's worse' is IMO just an extension of the silliness :D
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Divided over two House mates before as this place is now with Hazel and Gina.

Freddie and Bea ;):o
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Freddie and Bea ;):o

No contest. Bea hands down, any time :p
  • Options
    LaneyhLaneyh Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I have just been told not to go on a Hazel thread if I didn't like her.................................yes right!!!

Hi

If you're referring to my post, to be fair and clear I didn't tell you anything.

The OP on that thread posts only pro-Hazel threads and news

You appear to dislike Hazel I was querying why you would torment yourself by viewing such a thread

I didn't particularly care for any of the HMs but found Callum one of the cringier - hence I probably wouldn't bother opening a thread about Callum's news

Hope that clears my comment up

All the best
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most sensible people can see the argument for what it was. Two people not being very nice. Gina certainly wasn't that nice a person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Laneyh wrote: »
    Hi

If you're referring to my post, to be fair and clear I didn't tell you anything.

The OP on that thread posts only pro-Hazel threads and news

You appear to dislike Hazel I was querying why you would torment yourself by viewing such a thread

I didn't particularly care for any of the HMs but found Callum one of the cringier - hence I probably wouldn't bother opening a thread about Callum's news

Hope that clears my comment up

All the best

See what I mean? What is it to anyone what thread another poster want to go on, mind your own business:mad:
  • Options
    LaneyhLaneyh Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aisleyne Vs Nikki fans probably came close.
    The show itself put a lot of emphasis on rivalry and adversaries so that probably adds to it.

It's possible that Hazel fans are more vocal or that more people step in to defend Hazel.
    I think those can be two distinct things / people

I wouldn't count myself as a Hazel fan but a lot of the threads bashing Hazel bring up the Daley incident or are using mysoginistic terms of abuse, some go one further and bring nationality into it.
    In those cases I will probably respond.

I think the things I mentioned above may be one reason for Hazel defenders to be more vocal

It is all a bit silly really though.

It's sad that they didn't sort out an uneasy peace once out of the house

They probably find it hilarious that complete strangers are passionately arguing their corner on the internet