Options

Did anyone here enjoy Dave's dancing?

Comments

• Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I cant stand his dancing. He should have done the decent think and offered to go instead of Rachel.

Why should he resign when they'll all go in time except for the winner.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Why should he resign when they'll all go in time except for the winner.

Because he is really really boring:mad:
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's rather like Deal or no Deal.

Who cares if the £50k goes before the £50 as long as the £100k and £250k are the final two boxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Because he is really really boring:mad:

Maybe to you but obviously not to those who are voting for him. It's a tv show not the World Championships and no one controls who votes for anyone on Strictly.
  • Options
    jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    I can see that he's trying but that's all. He's got no sense of rythym and it's not easy to teach that to somebody with none at all. His dancing reminds me of the scene in The Jerk where Steve Martin's character is on the porch with his adopted family and doing his version of their dancing! Hilariously badly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I have always liked Dave on TV and thought he would throw himself into SCD and surprise those who thought he was just included as a comedy act.

Alas I think I am wrong.

I am not even sure he is trying. I expected him to be bad in week 1 but was expecting him to improve over the weeks but I haven't noticed any real improvement just more of the same.

Perhaps I am missing something because he is obviously getting the public vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Dave does is not dancing!
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm left wondering how many hours Dave&Karen do together. She seems only to teach him some moves for a comedy routine and not real dancing, and I'm left wondering how long a Dave routine really takes to learn. It doesn't look like Karen looks on him as having more potential than as a comedy performer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed his other performances, but last night was neither funny or any good. It's got to the stage where people showing improvement are leaving and I think it's time for him to go.
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever votes for Dave should think again. This is a 'dance' competition and basically he is making a fool of it.
    Good dancers who put in a lot of hours are losing out to this comedian!
  • Options
    bobajotbobajot Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotlass wrote: »
    Whoever votes for Dave should think again. This is a 'dance' competition and basically he is making a fool of it.

Judging by the weight he's losing he must be doing something in training. The public can vote for who they like regardless of their dancing skills. I just can't get into the competition this year
    most of the celebs are really boring.
  • Options
    Becky_BBecky_B Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Enjoy is such a strong word
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe Dave puts in plenty of hours training (30 hours or so). He's not responsible for the votes he receives and however badly anyone feels he dances he keeps on trying. He'll stay until the votes for him run out which is as it should be. Don't let's see yet another John Sergeant fiasco. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be honest. Dave's dancing isn't good, a bit like Tommy Coopers jokes. Everyone loved Coopers act.
    If Brucie gave Dave a bottle of vodka to drink before his routine, that would be some dance seeing him trying keep his balance.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why he is still in this show :-(

Because the producers cast him as the joke act and then got the judges to tell us he was the joke act. So enough of the people who habitually vote for the joke act vote for him - even when drying paint is funnier to watch.

He's also stuck at the bottom of the scoreboard and gets the worst marks from Craig. This means he gets the anti-judge vote which can keep people in to the semi final in a bad year. Thats even when the judges restrain their comments and nothing they say is unfair. That vote just votes to save who ever is bottom.

This year this all seems to be happening even when he's not funny, never gets better, works less hard than some people who have gone home, and who were improving, and when the producers are not even bothering to give him the gimicks people like Russell had to boost the shows comedy value.

He also survives because of the way the vote works There's no vote for people who are not obviously in danger, those who didn't come top, and those who didn't start with a big fanbase. If everyone voted for everyone they wanted to stay, or voted for the weakest to leave, he wouldn't survive. As it is, someone in the middle of the scoreboard now goes instead of him.

He has also got a very smart pro working with him . She's maximising the impact he can make - largely by acting well, and doing spectacular things herself very well.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No it isn't a "dance competition", it's an entertainment programme based around the element of dance. If it was a dance competition all the people taking part would have the same level of skill and would then be judged accordingly on how well they performed whatever given ballroom or latin dance they were allocated.
    As it is, SCD is a show where people with little to no ballroom or latin dance training are taken in hand by a professional dancer to see if they can master a 1.30min routine which might, or might not, bare a passing resemblance to a ballroom or latin dance, hopefully providing entertainment to the people watching it in the studio and at home.

That's why people have, since Show one Series One, been asked to vote for "their favourite" and not for the "best dancer".
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike Dave. And I dont feel so pasionate about it that I would say he's "ruining the show". But he is well overdue being eliminated now and people like Deborah and Rachel shouldn't have gone beforehand imo

I don't mind the comedy factor for a bit, but I can't say I think it's even particularly funny anymore

If he gets through then well done to the guy, he's just my least favourite of the 10 that are left now. But everyone "deserves" to get through. They are all contestants on the same show and they all have a phone line for people to vote for them meaning they have just as much right to get through as anyone, otherwise what'd be the point in opening the phone lines? You can't open the phone lines for 9 of them and not Dave because he "doesn't deserve to get through". If people want him through and they vote for him then fair enough
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Nope he's a joke & needs to go
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    No it isn't a "dance competition", it's an entertainment programme based around the element of dance. If it was a dance competition all the people taking part would have the same level of skill and would then be judged accordingly on how well they performed whatever given ballroom or latin dance they were allocated.
    As it is, SCD is a show where people with little to no ballroom or latin dance training are taken in hand by a professional dancer to see if they can master a 1.30min routine which might, or might not, bare a passing resemblance to a ballroom or latin dance, hopefully providing entertainment to the people watching it in the studio and at home.

That's why people have, since Show one Series One, been asked to vote for "their favourite" and not for the "best dancer".

This.

He may well go next week, there's often a reaction after what people think is a shock result and the Karen thing aint going to help.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosegrower wrote: »
    How long do the novelty acts usually last?

Well, Russell Grant lasted till week 8, and Widdy till week 10!
    John Sergeant withdrew between weeks 9 and 10.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! I don't enjoy his dancing, regardless of his efforts.

I like the man, and can like him just as easily on his cooking show where he's not dancing.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Moves Like Jagger and his exuberant 'BOOM!', but that's it. Yet I really like him. He's so soft and idiotic and kindly, and I like his Cumbrian accent...

Haven't voted for him but he makes me smile. Then his embarrassment and sorrow at surviving the DO zone this week were endearing. Thoroughly decent guy.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously a lot of people enjoy his " dancing " :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:; SMH !!!
  • Options
    BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is Dave and Karen, not just Dave. Comments on content should be directed at the pro, not the celeb. Although I like their personal dynamic, I often wonder if he would have made more progress with another pro.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame Karen - she is doing her best to coax a dancer out of him but she is on a hiding to nothing.