Options

Matthew & Rebecca

floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't find a thread on this; am I the only one who thought Matthew was unnecessarily harsh on Rebecca?

I found the way he pointed in her face and talked to her like a child a bit out of order really.

Comments

• Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    That's Matthew, rude and in your face.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    I can't find a thread on this; am I the only one who thought Matthew was unnecessarily harsh on Rebecca?

I found the way he pointed in her face and talked to her like a child a bit out of order really.

It wasn't right but he did comfort her later, and it was him just getting a bit stressed. I do think the general reaction on twitter and facebook was way to harsh on Matthew though... unfortunately it is basically impossible for him to win after that.. shame as he is still my favorite :(
  • Options
    Wise BadgerWise Badger Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's playing up for the cameras, the phony
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    What a rude, arrogant, unlikeable man he is. Obviously thinks he's something special. Ugh, I detest him :mad:
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only person making it interesting. He has forgot he is on TV and its great viewing.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I don't think he's playing up to the cameras I think he's just got a very bad case of cabin fever.

He's not suited to this at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't right but he did comfort her later, and it was him just getting a bit stressed. I do think the general reaction on twitter and facebook was way to harsh on Matthew though... unfortunately it is basically impossible for him to win after that.. shame as he is still my favorite :(
    He was never going to win anyway. But he is the most interesting thing on the series now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind him when he first entered the jungle but I've slowly been going off him and tonight really made my mind up.

There's no need to talk down at someone like that and unfortunately apologising afterwards is too little too late in my opinion.

I wouldn't have just sat there like Rebecca did though!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mind him when he first entered the jungle but I've slowly been going off him and tonight really made my mind up.

There's no need to talk down at someone like that and unfortunately apologising afterwards is too little too late in my opinion.

I wouldn't have just sat there like Rebecca did though!!
    Did he apologise? I hope not. Rebecca is annoying and is never up for the trials.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh, all I saw was him getting a bit irate at being told what to do. Surely just a normal reaction when they're all living on top of each other?

According to a poster above, he and Becky made up so nothing to see here really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Meh, all I saw was him getting a bit irate at being told what to do. Surely just a normal reaction when they're all living on top of each other?

According to a poster above, he and Becky made up so nothing to see here really.

Apologising or "comforting" doesn't make it right though. Would you take it if someone came and stood over you pointing in your face? I'm no fan of Rebecca's but there was no need for Matthew to talk and act the way he did towards her.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Matthew so I want to guard against excusing him for behaviour that I wouldn't excuse others for... but... he got ratty and said what he said close to her face so he did not need to shout. Not particularly nice but not OTT, and the trouble is that Rebecca is coming across as pathetic. Shame as I really wanted to like her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is getting under their skins and no one is going to pull him up on it. I wonder why?
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    I didn't see any apology or comforting, but even so that wouldn't excuse his behaviour. It's not pleasant watching a man being so aggressive towards a woman in that manner - it's not even as if Rebecca did anything that in any way justified Matthew getting up in her face like that. Disgusting behaviour :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Matthew so I want to guard against excusing him for behaviour that I wouldn't excuse others for... but... he got ratty and said what he said close to her face so he did not need to shout. Not particularly nice but not OTT, and the trouble is that Rebecca is coming across as pathetic. Shame as I really wanted to like her.

He talked down to her like a naughty little child. I agree that Rebecca is like a wet blanket but still unnecessary of Matthew to point in her face.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologising or "comforting" doesn't make it right though. Would you take it if someone came and stood over you pointing in your face? I'm no fan of Rebecca's but there was no need for Matthew to talk and act the way he did towards her.

Well I like Rebecca, not wild about Matthew, but I'm certainly not going to get into a state over a bit of a hissy-fit on his part. People get irritated and do and say things they probably shouldn't. No biggie.

It's dull enough in there with all the Joeycrap. A little bit of tension in the camp is as close to entertainment as we're likely to get so I'm all for a few hissy-hits. Doesn't mean we have to make a mountain out of a molehill though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    I didn't see any apology or comforting, but even so that wouldn't excuse his behaviour. It's not pleasant watching a man being so aggressive towards a woman in that manner - it's not even as if Rebecca did anything that in any way justified Matthew getting up in her face like that. Disgusting behaviour :mad:

I agree. I loathe that kind of behaviour from anyone, in fact, I get very uneasy around any kind of confrontation and arguing. I am very hot and cold with Matthew, sometimes I like him and others I loathe him. I found him very aggressive towards Rebecca and found it quite uncomfortable to watch. She did need to stand up to him though and tell him in no uncertain terms to get out of her face. :mad:
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    She was barking the orders at Alfonzo yesterday with the washing up, I'm not surprised Matthew snapped at the busybody:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arguing is part of life. Don't expect him not to have opinions and get pissed off.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always complaining about this but we don't really get to see the whole scene

I didn't like the way Matthew talked to her regardless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Well I like Rebecca, not wild about Matthew, but I'm certainly not going to get into a state over a bit of a hissy-fit on his part. People get irritated and do and say things they probably shouldn't. No biggie.

It's dull enough in there with all the Joeycrap. A little bit of tension in the camp is as close to entertainment as we're likely to get so I'm all for a few hissy-hits. Doesn't mean we have to make a mountain out of a molehill though.

I'm not getting into a state, I just find his behaviour uncalled for. I don't think it's justified just so we have some entertainment either.
  • Options
    SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    She was barking the orders at Alfonzo yesterday with the washing up, I'm not surprised Matthew snapped at the busybody:mad:

And he was barking orders at Amy earlier in the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's clear Amy has not been pulling her weight in camp, same with Alfonso and Matthew is aware of it. Alfonso gets upset when people call him out for doing F all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew reminds me of Nigel Havers from a previous series, both snippy types who flare up easily. I thought his reaction to Rebecca was over the top.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find him equally bossy on his TV show - Don't like him, but he makes good TV.