Options

Adele is working with Phil Collins

flyonthetableflyonthetable Posts: 170
Forum Member
Phil Collins has been on a hiatus since 2011 but now Adele has brought him active again.

In an interview, from this week, Phil Collins says that he has just started to work with Adele.
Watch the part here: http://youtu.be/CF1F700VUgk?t=8m1s

Adele's new album will be released this year.

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    This could be good.

OR

This could be bad.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so far that's Phil Collins, Madonna, wiz khalifa, Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and Avril Lavigne rumoured to have been working with Adele recently. Not surprisingly no results have as yet been heard;-)
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so far that's Phil Collins, Madonna, wiz khalifa, Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and Avril Lavigne rumoured to have been working with Adele recently. Not surprisingly no results have as yet been heard;-)

So much for personal vision then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »

So what, she did work with several producers and co-writers on 21 and who would say it wasn't a personal album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    So what, she did work with several producers and co-writers on 21 and who would say it wasn't a personal album?

Makes you wonder how much is Adele though?
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the point i was making is these rumours tend towards the bollocks end of the truth spectrum
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice
    I wonder if they will make the final cut
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the point i was making is these rumours tend towards the bollocks end of the truth spectrum

Of course, I left out the little ironic smiley the first time. I would hope he does as much of her own thing as possible.
  • Options
    TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A match made in magnolia music heaven if ever there was one.
  • Options
    RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope he does as much of her own thing as possible.

Oh dear....he sounds confused about her new musical direction ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    Oh dear....he sounds confused about her new musical direction ;-)

That was a good slip really.
  • Options
    RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a good slip really.

Sure was...nice one :)
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind either artist but together they could very well make the most boring album ever unleashed on the World
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the blandest female artists ever working with one of the blandest male artists ever - this is gonna hurt!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    One of the blandest female artists ever working with one of the blandest male artists ever - this is gonna hurt!

Must have thought Led Zep, Phil Bailey, Peter Gabriel, Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton etc. also, when they played many times with him.

God, how I like truisms, displays the bland intelligence of people.
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must have thought Led Zep, Phil Bailey, Peter Gabriel, Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton etc. also, when they played many times with him.

Lol, it bites!
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

Would that be the bland leading the bland?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Led Zep were so proud of their performance with Phil that it's been buried in a vault since 1985
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    Led Zep were so proud of their performance with Phil that it's been buried in a vault since 1985

Didn't know that Phil was the worst that day, at least not from the comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBk-iRihSUg

And hadn't he played on the first two solo albums from Robert Plant?

Next to truism the second dumbest thing on internet is snonbism but that's probably with all -isms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know that Phil was the worst that day, at least not from the comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBk-iRihSUg

And hadn't he played on the first two solo albums from Robert Plant?

Next to truism the second dumbest thing on internet is snonbism but that's probably with all -isms.

There's no denying the man can drum.
    But to use him playing with Led Zep in a gig they'd rather forget, is hardly a ringing endorsement. There's also no denying In The Air Tonight is a classic. However as the decade rolled on the guy got duller and duller and blander and blander. In The Air sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Also, without Gabriel, Genesis got duller and duller.
    There's a pattern there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no denying the man can drum.
    But to use him playing with Led Zep in a gig they'd rather forget, is hardly a ringing endorsement. There's also no denying In The Air Tonight is a classic. However as the decade rolled on the guy got duller and duller and blander and blander. In The Air sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Also, without Gabriel, Genesis got duller and duller.
    There's a pattern there.

Now we can discuss, hell in the eighties they called him in Germany "Die Seuche des Äthers" and I laughed, too, because he was omnipresent on the radio but makes it the songs structure bad? For me his drumming was always on point but if you look at the 80' and beginning 90's the arrangements of the songs was rather bad, this synth brass of wall of sound ,there was no edge.

But why would choose Adele probably Phil, I think their storytelling is very similar and maybe after 8 years of "retirement" he can come up with some good ideas, why not?
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I'd say once one of the most respected and technically finest drummers in the business who could sing soulfully too. Admittedly much of his solo work left a bit to be desired, but the work he did with Genesis in the 70s was anything but bland. I agree in the main about Adele being bland though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5i-qcqX-yk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :kitty:
    Now we can discuss, hell in the eighties they called him in Germany "Die Seuche des Äthers" and I laughed, too, because he was omnipresent on the radio but makes it the songs structure bad? For me his drumming was always on point but if you look at the 80' and beginning 90's the arrangements of the songs was rather bad, this synth brass of wall of sound ,there was no edge.

But why would choose Adele probably Phil, I think their storytelling is very similar and maybe after 8 years of "retirement" he can come up with some good ideas, why not?

Well there's not an exciting bone in Adele's body and there's not been any excitement in Phil's music for 30 years. So on paper its a perfect match.
    To be honest I can't see this coming off.
    Adele could have anyone on her next album after the success of her last one. Why Phil? He's only done a covers album in the last 10 years I think, what would he offer?
    He's not a name that will help her sell. She won't need a name to help her sell anyway.
    He's not written anything of note for decades, so it's not for his songwriting skills.
    He's a top drawer drummer. However, due to a shoulder problem I think, he can't drum as well, so I can't see that.
    So joking aside, match in bland heaven and that, this won't happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :kitty:

Well there's not an exciting bone in Adele's body and there's not been any excitement in Phil's music for 30 years. So on paper its a perfect match.
    To be honest I can't see this coming off.
    Adele could have anyone on her next album after the success of her last one. Why Phil? He's only done a covers album in the last 10 years I think, what would he offer?
    He's not a name that will help her sell. She won't need a name to help her sell anyway.
    He's not written anything of note for decades, so it's not for his songwriting skills.
    He's a top drawer drummer. However, due to a shoulder problem I think, he can't drum as well, so I can't see that.
    So joking aside, match in bland heaven and that, this won't happen.

Look at this new wunderkind Lorde in the new Rolling Stone article, she stated she loves Phil too. Maybe musicians see things a little different, maybe they are searching, mainstream like indie (The Stranglers said in the 80's they want to write the perfect song and they came up with Skindeep) for a perfect song and Adele or some producers of her heard he has something to deliver.

If you look at his wikipage he stated he could play again.

:kitty: what kind of kitty smiley mess :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at this new wunderkind Lorde in the new Rolling Stone article, she stated she loves Phil too. Maybe musicians see things a little different, maybe they are searching, mainstream like indie (The Stranglers said in the 80's they want to write the perfect song and they came up with Skindeep) for a perfect song and Adele or some producers of her heard he has something to deliver.

If you look at his wikipage he stated he could play again.

:kitty: what kind of kitty smiley mess :o

I still can't see it.
    In an instance of perfect timing, I just turned the telly over, and Disneys Tarzan was on. Phil's songs in that are horrible.