Options

Irrational Studios shutting down

DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
Forum Member
✭✭
http://kotaku.com/bioshock-studio-irrational-games-is-winding-down-all-1525186316

So it appears we've seen the end of Bioshock. Which I don't mind too much, as I reckon Infinite was the perfect game to end it on.

Will be interesting to see what Ken Levine's next project is.

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To meet the challenge ahead, I need to refocus my energy on a smaller team with a flatter structure and a more direct relationship with gamers.

CliffyB has said pretty much the same thing as well today, wait...
    To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable. To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally.

Are they twins?
  • Options
    dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/bioshock-studio-irrational-games-is-winding-down-all-1525186316

So it appears we've seen the end of Bioshock. Which I don't mind too much, as I reckon Infinite was the perfect game to end it on.

Will be interesting to see what Ken Levine's next project is.

2k will be taking the rights to bioshock
  • Options
    Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    What about Burial at Sea Ep.2? Will it be released?
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    What about Burial at Sea Ep.2? Will it be released?
    It will be there final project.
    Irrational's final project will be part 2 of the BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea downloadable content,which is out next month.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave666 wrote: »
    2k will be taking the rights to bioshock

Good stuff.

It's a shame Irrational is closing but not the end of the world.

The non Irrational Bioshock 2 held up pretty well when I replayed it before Infinite arrived.

Hopefully we'll now see some new Bioshock earlier than we would have had Irrational been at the helm.