susanna reid

Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
Has she left the BBC already since news of her love split and move to ITV was announced. The news in the morning is not the same without her. Was wondering was she given time to get over her split, is she on a break or maybe BBC have decided not to use her front of camera because of her move to rivals ITV

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    She's horrible :(
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes when it was announced the BBC said she wouldn't be appearing again
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she left the BBC already since news of her love split and move to ITV was announced. The news in the morning is not the same without her. Was wondering was she given time to get over her split, is she on a break or maybe BBC have decided not to use her front of camera because of her move to rivals ITV

There are reports that Rachel Riley could be replacing Susannah Reid, now that would be interesting. In the meantime Louise Minchin, Sally Nugent and Naga Munchetty, all highly professional presenters, have filled in extremely well. I cannot say I have missed Susannah Reid in any way.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    In the meantime Louise Minchin, Sally Nugent and Naga Munchetty, all highly professional presenters, have filled in extremely well. I cannot say I have missed Susannah Reid in any way.
    Same here. It's now a case of "Susanna Who?"
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel Riley is very good to look at, but she has no personality. At least Reid did have that.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    Rachel Riley is very good to look at, but she has no personality..
    And crucially, she is simply a face, a presenter. She is not a newsreader, neither is she skilled at interviewing people as far as I know.

I just hope that it was a bit of promotional work by her agent
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It always amuses me when the BBC whinge on about having to match the pay that commercial TV are prepared to pay so called "celebrities."

Then when they leave to go to ITV for "even more pay" few people miss them.
    Steve Rider, Adrian Chiles, Christine Bleakley, Jake Humphrey and the list grows, (and I've not missed any of them). The BBC always, manages to replace them with "one they'd been preparing earlier." If not always at the first attempt.
    I've never understood the need to "create personalities."
    For the most part, they're just the conduit between the viewer and the subject of a programme. Why does such a job have to command silly money, if such people can always be so easily replaced?
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I am concerned the BBC could continue successfully with the three female presenters they are using now. Much as I like Rachel Riley and she is extremely pleasing on the eye but as far as I aware she is not a journalist but a presenter, I think someone to replace Reid we need someone with good journalistic skills and not just someone pleasing on the eye.
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Susanna on BBC, But I think Louise is just as good, she works well with the other presenters.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlotte Hawkins will become far more popular than Susanna when they both join ITV IMO.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,668
    Forum Member
    millysshaw wrote: »
    I liked Susanna on BBC, But I think Louise is just as good, she works well with the other presenters.

I always found Susanna difficult to like on BBC Breakfast so I was pleased when she did Strictly as I thought we'd learn something more about her personality. Unfortunately it turned out I disliked her as much on Strictly as I did on Breakfast. Not sorry she's left and not surprised either, I think she felt the show should be more about her.

Louise however is highly likeable and I feel she should be main female anchor alongside Bill on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and then Charlie alongside someone new on Thursdays and Fridays.

I was pleased to learn of Rachel Riley being possibly lined up. I know people says not got any interviewing our journalist skills but she's damn clever and I'm sure it wouldn't take her long to learn and, of course, very pleasing on the eye.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's horrible :(

What does that make Lorraine "brown noser" Kelly than?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched morning TV magazine programmes. The thought of watching TV at that time of the morning is totally foreign to me and I rarely watch any BBC news programme other than the regional one. I prefer to get the précised version on the "red button."
    I'd no idea who Susanna Reid was until she turned up on SCD.

I'm sure I'm not on my own.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    There are reports that Rachel Riley could be replacing Susannah Reid, now that would be interesting. In the meantime Louise Minchin, Sally Nugent and Naga Munchetty, all highly professional presenters, have filled in extremely well. I cannot say I have missed Susannah Reid in any way.

If she's the one who normally does the sport and was on this morning I won't watch if she becomes permanent. Yes, she's professional as such and I can tolerate her for 3/4 minutes doing sports headlines but I can't warm to her at all, there's something a bit false about her. I think she's lacking in natural charm.
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise Minchin and Steph McGovern are supposedly presenting together tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how Steph does presenting the main programme on a weekday. As far as I'm aware, she's only done Sunday Breakfast once or twice before.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    burbe wrote: »
    Louise Minchin and Steph McGovern are supposedly presenting together tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how Steph does presenting the main programme on a weekday. As far as I'm aware, she's only done Sunday Breakfast once or twice before.

Awesome.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »

Why do you say ''supposedly'' ? Surely Bill should be on tomorrow with Louise although I think Charlie and Sally have been fine together.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honest question - why is there so much hate for this woman? She was just another presenter on BBC Breakfast with the odd silly tabloid excuse of a story of her bending down or something. Then she did Strictly Come Dancing and then kaboom! What happened in that programme (or otherwise) to have changed the tide of feeling against her??
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    Honest question - why is there so much hate for this woman? She was just another presenter on BBC Breakfast with the odd silly tabloid excuse of a story of her bending down or something. Then she did Strictly Come Dancing and then kaboom! What happened in that programme (or otherwise) to have changed the tide of feeling against her??

She seems to be under the impression that SCD turned her into a hot property, rather than simply being that season of SCD's housewives favourite.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to be under the impression that SCD turned her into a hot property, rather than simply being that season of SCD's housewives favourite.

That's still no excuse to hate the woman. She's been offered a well paid job in her home town of London which means no silly commutes and stay overnights in Manchester.

Frankly I don't blame her for taking up the offer. Anyone would do the same in her position .

Likewise, Naga Munchetty (excuse my spelling) has openly said in the past she would love to be a full time golfer. Would anyone blame her if she left the BBC to pursue that?
  • Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    When Charlie and Sally Nugent were doing the segment with the robot on Monday, a comment was made about the robot being a presenter, at which point Sally Nugent said something like 'I hear there is a vacancy'. It made me chuckle :)
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Why do you say ''supposedly'' ? Surely Bill should be on tomorrow with Louise although I think Charlie and Sally have been fine together.

Because at the end of this morning's programme, Sally Nugent said "Louise and Steph are here tomorrow from 6", suggesting Steph is presenting the main programme with Louise.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And cue all the anti Steph comments about her accent.

I don't mind it personally.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millysshaw wrote: »

I agree, I liked Susanna and Louise on the BBC. They both looked like BBC presenters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patsey10 wrote: »
    When Charlie and Sally Nugent were doing the segment with the robot on Monday, a comment was made about the robot being a presenter, at which point Sally Nugent said something like 'I hear there is a vacancy'. It made me chuckle :)

Typical Auntie Beeab and their "in-jokes".