Zayn and Louis marijuana video leak

Comments

• LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious? Is that the driver sitting just ahead of them in this video? If so, how does their smoking the whatever-it-is affect his ability to control a vehicle?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious? Is that the driver sitting just ahead of them in this video? If so, how does their smoking the whatever-it-is affect his ability to control a vehicle?

:D Well it can't help! He's probably used to it though.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will their next single be called "Best Bong Ever"?
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this them giving us a warning that they are about to enter their psychedelic stage, I suppose something useful can come of it and they offer Kat out of BB9 the chance to be their Yoko Ono
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to laugh at the pic in the DM of the 1D fan burning her tickets. Shes wearing a T shirt with a large lips and tounge logo on the front. Of course the cleanest band that have ever existed :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I have to laugh at the pic in the DM of the 1D fan burning her tickets. Shes wearing a T shirt with a large lips and tounge logo on the front. Of course the cleanest band that have ever existed :)

I'm fairly confident a good 75% of people who wear Rolling Stones t-shirts have little to no idea who they are :(
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly confident a good 75% of people who wear Rolling Stones t-shirts have little to no idea who they are :(

Sadly proably true you play some of their music to them and you would get "oh thats old music". Thing is that what you say could also apply to Nirvana I doubt any of the many teenagers who wear Nirvarna T shirts have ever listened to Nevermind.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next time some overhyped scruffy little muppet(s) do something "bad" or release a "controversial" video, in an ideal world a media attitude of don't give a shit would be nice.
    Cowell and his creations are obviously of the opinion that all publicity is good for the product.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Sadly proably true you play some of their music to them and you would get "oh thats old music". Thing is that what you say could also apply to Nirvana I doubt any of the many teenagers who wear Nirvarna T shirts have ever listened to Nevermind.

We could add the Ramones to that as well, I'm seeing their t-shirts on twelve year olds everywhere!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    trust the daily mail to blow something completely out of proportion

**SHOCK HORROR - BREAKING NEWS - ADOLESCENT BOYS SMOKE WEED IN COUNTRY WHERE IT'S LEGAL TO DO SO **

if anything, i'm glad that they are growing up and trying new things. i'm sure the majority of young people have smoked a spliff at some point in their lives. the boys obviously work had and it hasn't affected their work ethic, so what's the issue?

no worse than having a pint down the pub in my opinion!
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just the Daily Mail again trying to think they're relevant. Half the Daily Mail journalists probably smoke marijuana themselves! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised they smoke weed ( nor if they were into harder stuff) nor do I care but filming it? seriously? are they that dumb! They come across as such idiots esp Louis on about the "po po" ,so pleased with themselves for a smoking a little grass! grow up lads!
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    It's just the Daily Mail again trying to think they're relevant. Half the Daily Mail journalists probably smoke marijuana themselves! :cool:

At the very least you'd have to be an alcoholic or coked off your tits to write the shit they publish on a daily basis.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing Louis's sparkly pink cigarette holder :p

Zayn looks a bit scruffy (but still darn handsome :blush:) in the DM article. But how does smoking weed go down with his 'community' :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe how much their appearance has changed since they started out.
    They haven't been around that long, have they? But looking at some then and now pics earlier - all I can say is they must have been working non-stop; that, or weed isn't the only thing some of them have been doing!
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    If the fan-base have any sense they'll move onto other music, just waiting for the "I'm no role model" responses from the band members.

1. Kids are your target audience. Correct

2. You have a responsibility to your fans because of your wide-ranging appeal. Correct

3. Happy taking kids' pocket money. Correct

Isn't Zayn meant to be a Muslim also?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »
    If the fan-base have any sense they'll move onto other music, just waiting for the "I'm no role model" responses from the band members.

1. Kids are your target audience. Correct

2. You have a responsibility to your fans because of your wide-ranging appeal. Correct

3. Happy taking kids' pocket money. Correct

Isn't Zayn meant to be a Muslim also?

They still aren't employed to be role models to other people's children. That's the job of the parents. I think if a child wants to try weed because they've seen 1D do it, that says a lot more about the parents than it does 1D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    The daily mail's continuous milking of this non-story makes me sick. What a load of sensationalist rubbish.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    vdp2791 wrote: »
    The daily mail's continuous milking of this non-story makes me sick. What a load of sensationalist rubbish.

But that was 1 day old news so how continuous milking can be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    My point exactly! It's been one day and yet have you seen the amount of articles two 20 year old lads smoking a spliff has apparently warranted in that time?

They're about two more off it becoming a smear campaign!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, Louis is such a loser. He's like one of those kids in school who follows around the popular kids (in this case, Zayn) and tries desperately to show off their friendship to everyone by recording every single moment.and publicising it to the whole world. It seems like he thinks weed is the coolest most hardcore drug in the world.

I actually cringe everytime he opens his mouth in the video.

I love how while this is all going on, Niall is at charity football matches and surprising fans with Meet and Greets. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked anyone would burn their ticket when they're so expensive. Mine was around £100 for the tour they're on now (I promise I'm not 12.... :blush:)

I think it's unfair to act like celebrities have a duty to be a role model. At the end of the day if some kid wants to copy them and smoke weed then it isn't Louis and Zayn's fault because it's not their responsibility to raise millions of kids.

It was a stupid thing to video it but the daily mail are being so over dramatic, it's not like they're injecting or snorting. It's very common to smoke it or at least try it by their age.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    At the very least you'd have to be an alcoholic or coked off your tits to write the shit they publish on a daily basis.

Exactly!!! :);-)
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Boofie wrote: »
    I'm shocked anyone would burn their ticket when they're so expensive. Mine was around £100 for the tour they're on now (I promise I'm not 12.... :blush:)

I think it's unfair to act like celebrities have a duty to be a role model. At the end of the day if some kid wants to copy them and smoke weed then it isn't Louis and Zayn's fault because it's not their responsibility to raise millions of kids.

It was a stupid thing to video it but the daily mail are being so over dramatic, it's not like they're injecting or snorting. It's very common to smoke it or at least try it by their age.

The only thing I read in the article that was remotely of any interest was about whether the USA would frown upon it. They're a bit keen on that kind of thing as Nigella found out!!! I'm sure Uncle Simon would be able to sort it though.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »

You what?! The video got 'leaked' to the Daily Mail. Funny how it got leaked after Louis made the video. The bit in bold is nonsense. One Direction know that their fans will copy whatever they do and for Zayn to be filmed smoking it and Louis to be boasting about it, this might very well cause a lot of their young female fans to try it. I think the second bit in bold isn't true either. I can't believe that some people in here are defending them. Blindly defending them. They were absolute idiots to film it and then, most likely, leak the video to the Daily Mail.