Celebrity Masterchef 2011 from 12/09/11

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Recording devices at the ready ppl as this is a DAYTIME show... scheduled for 30 episodes - stripped across the week - and there is a chit-chat show as well on the Friday.

Looks as though they may have tinkered with the format... be 'interesting' to see what they've done to it...

The first show features, amongst others, Michelle Mone - the pretty statuesque blond who runs the Ultimo lingerie company. Would it be a bit 'previous' to suggest that she may be the winner... ;) :rolleyes:

:confused: Was hoping Professionals would be next :cry:

Comments

• guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have they moved it to a daytime slot? Sky+ it is for me then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wondering if, together with the lack of promotion they gave the main series earlier this year, they actually want to phase it out. Seems a bit daft after having created that whole new set. No wonder the BEEB have money worries :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bogger the Zleb vesion, I what to know when MC The Professionals returns. I want to see the delectable MJR and Scary Monica back on our screens.:)
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    idiot_box wrote: »
    Bogger the Zleb vesion, I what to know when MC The Professionals returns. I want to see the delectable MJR and Scary Monica back on our screens.:)

I doubt it will be on until the new year at this rate as they dont run the shows back to back and this wont finish till late October.

Btw this is a 30 part series. There is a weekly roundup and elimination in primetime on Friday nights at 8.30 on BBC ONE
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Wondering if, together with the lack of promotion they gave the main series earlier this year, :

Are you joking me? They started promoting Masterchef last year 2 months before it began.

:they actually want to phase it out. Seems a bit daft after having created that whole new set. No wonder the BEEB have money worries

Which they'll be using more than ever as its twice the length of the previous series and still has a primetime elimination.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Not sure they could keep Masterchef going in prime time on BBC1, but they seem to have gone from one extreme to another by putting it on at 2.15pm. Maybe they should market it as Masterchef goes small.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Masterchef is one of the biggest franchises in tv, the BBC must have made a fortune from it. Unfortunately they have lagged behind and now several of the other countries versions are better.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Why have they moved it to a daytime slot? Sky+ it is for me then!

Very annoying...:(
  • andymcvandymcv Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Michelle and Linda lusardi will get through Monday's episode.

;);););)
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idiot_box wrote: »

Me too - I have been looking out for Masterchef and we have waited too long for a return of MJR and Monica (no scary here - really like her!). :)
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are they putting it on in the afternoon?? They could at least have stuck it in the 6.30 slot.
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to The Radio Times one of the people taking part in this series is Ricky Groves. I'm not sure how I feel about a trained ex-professional chef competing in this.
  • jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    last status update I saw of ms: professionals was 'in edit'. there is a trailer floating around I thought I saw?
  • jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    jwire1977 wrote: »
    last status update I saw of ms: professionals was 'in edit'. there is a trailer floating around I thought I saw?

edit that: the trailr wasn't for Professionals! :mad:
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    The first show features, amongst others, Michelle Mone - the pretty statuesque blond who runs the Ultimo lingerie company. Would it be a bit 'previous' to suggest that she may be the winner... ;) :rolleyes:
    Hmmn, she my take it a bit seriously. Gregg will be all over her like a rash.

Did I read that Lovejoy's doing it?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    Not sure they could keep Masterchef going in prime time on BBC1, but they seem to have gone from one extreme to another by putting it on at 2.15pm. Maybe they should market it as Masterchef goes small.

but longer for your viewing pleasure :D:D:D
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Are you joking me? They started promoting Masterchef last year 2 months before it began...

My bad :o
    It must have been another returning cookery prog that appeared on our screens without promotion. *HB wracks brains :confused: *
    Masterchef is one of the biggest franchises in tv, the BBC must have made a fortune from it. Unfortunately they have lagged behind and now several of the other countries versions are better.

Indeed. Just hanging around in 'ere till Aussie MC at lunchtime... so love it....
    According to The Radio Times one of the people taking part in this series is Ricky Groves. I'm not sure how I feel about a trained ex-professional chef competing in this.

OK-a-a-y :( So if he can't pass himself off as a teary blond we can laugh all the harder when he gets thrown out :D Maybe they'll give him a handicap... tie one arm behind his back (if the lovely Michael Caines can manage it...) or give him a blindfold and blunt knives :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    Me too - I have been looking out for Masterchef and we have waited too long for a return of MJR and Monica (no scary here - really like her!). :)

She's scary in a good way.;)
  • Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaargh- not Colin and Justin, please.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit daft after having created that whole new set.
    It says in the new Total TV Guide, that this is "the last MC series to be filmed at their old HQ".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though I will sky plus the series, I dont see why they have moved to an afternoon slot? It just seems to me that the BBC dont value it as much as they used to, it had a prime time slot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says in the new Total TV Guide, that this is "the last MC series to be filmed at their old HQ".

Presumably following the old style format too? Although the Celeb version had its own format IIRC.

I can proudly say I know hardly anybody on the zeleb list of participants :o... some falling in the 'I always DID wonder what happened to them' category' :confused: TBH I only want to watch to see how they 'stuff up' - I really shouldn't watch so much of the Aussie version ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are they putting it on in the afternoon?? They could at least have stuck it in the 6.30 slot.

Couldn't agree more horwich, I don't think it is an afternoon type show.

I never knew that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I see Ruth Goodman is one of the contestants. She has done a lot of research about food as an historian and quite a bit of cooking on the "old" series she has done. I wonder if we shall see any of those influences.