The Mary Berry Story

MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am really enjoying the programme on BBC 2 about Mary Berry. She is such an adorable lady and I can't believe she is 77-years-old. She would make the most perfect mum and granny! I am so grateful that the Great British Bake-Off has made her so popular and the same goes for the rather dishy Paul Hollywood... :)

Comments

• googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a diamond :)

Although I'm a little disturbed at the thought of women in knitted bathing suits! One trend that doesn't need to come back.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I heard Paul is getting his own baking show. He said he won't be leaving GBBO.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very good - I just wish that the second part was on tomorrow and not next week.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    She is a diamond :)

Although I'm a little disturbed at the thought of women in knitted bathing suits! One trend that doesn't need to come back.
    Hehe... an all-in-one wet knitted swimsuit might stay on better than a wet knitted bikini!! :D
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really enjoying the programme on BBC 2 about Mary Berry. She is such an adorable lady and I can't believe she is 77-years-old. She would make the most perfect mum and granny! I am so grateful that the Great British Bake-Off has made her so popular and the same goes for the rather dishy Paul Hollywood... :)

Enjoying it so much that you prefer to not watch it and post on here ? :cool:
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very good - I just wish that the second part was on tomorrow and not next week.

It is and me too - not that I'm impatient or anything :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have my laptop on the sofa while I'm watching the TV... multi-tasking!
    I came on here for a brief moment to see if anyone else was watching the programme. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the ye olde pics and video clips.

She was obviously quite a pinup girl back in the day :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoa what is that white frying pan she is using (white on the inside)?

My kitchen needs that!
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I filled up when she saw the picture of her with her father on his horse.

Looking forward to next weeks edition, there'll be more filling up as I know one of her sons dies.

Really enjoyed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pity the second part isn't on tomorrow night!

The inside of her frying pan looked like one of my enamel pie plates... with a handle, but I have not seen one like it before. I think it's cast-iron enamel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that! Lovely lady.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC really are trying to get the most out of the GBBO aren't they?

I'm not complaining as I love the show. I just wonder when we're going to have The Great British Bake Off Squirrel: My Story
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    mary was so very lucky that she wasnt affected more by her Polio

I had to stop watching because I broke down when I saw the little girl in the walker and the iron lung, it brought back far too many memories for me

hubby recorded it and said I should watch it a little at a time
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    The BBC really are trying to get the most out of the GBBO aren't they?

I'm not complaining as I love the show. I just wonder when we're going to have The Great British Bake Off Squirrel: My Story
    The squirrel could bring out a cook book all about nuts:D:o
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The squirrel could bring out a cook book all about nuts:D:o

For a minute there I though't you'd wrote cock book. Given the massive erection he had in one of the shows he could bring out a cock cook book
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Great programme I love Mary and she seems such a lovely lady . I always presumed Mary had arthrites in her hand and was very interested in the polio connection ,
  • Mer~maidMer~maid Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I only saw the last 20 mins, going to get it on Iplayer hopefully. Lovely lady :)
    Forum Member
    mary was so very lucky that she wasnt affected more by her Polio

I had to stop watching because I broke down when I saw the little girl in the walker and the iron lung, it brought back far too many memories for me

hubby recorded it and said I should watch it a little at a time

((HUG)) Mary seemd quite overcome at one or two moments too .
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Think I heard Paul is getting his own baking show. He said he won't be leaving GBBO.
    He had a show with James Martin before called Use Your Loaf.
    It was on Carlton Food.
    Good Food channel repeated it last year.
    Forum Member

Laptops are a great new invention and multi tasking is a skill . .;)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    Whoa what is that white frying pan she is using (white on the inside)?

My kitchen needs that!
    Didn't see it but would guess it was an enamal coated one
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=white+enamel+frying+pan&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ezsIUabQHOe20QXvkoCoDw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1133&bih=682
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How brilliant was that? She's an absolute diamond. We both really enjoyed that programme. It's so fantastic to see how well she did for herself, despite a few setbacks and apparent little encouragement. What a gal!
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Boring woman boring show jiust one big borefest.....does not warrant 5mins let alone 2 eps!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Thanks. I need to rewatch it but it may also have been a ceramic-coated one. Just made the stuff she was frying up look better than it does in a black pan!