Biased editing

TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
Forum Member
I was disgusted tonight by how selective the footage of the stars in training etc. was. We were shown how heroic Keith Chegwin was for managing to skate, but there was no mention of the fact that Gareth had a swollen foot! Joe has had a tough week as well, he was diagnosed with shingles earlier this week AND hurt his back last Sunday, meaning that he missed 2 days of training!

It's blatantly obvious that somebody wants us to vote for Keith and get rid of Joe - but I think it's really low to use selective editing to try and get the "right" result. And don't get me started on the fact that not one of the judges commented on Luke's wobbling!

Comments

• TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking that too it was very much about Keith also felt he was over marked a bit
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought you were going to allude to Samia'solo piece ie the one on stage talking to CB.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Was thinking that too it was very much about Keith also felt he was over marked a bit

I haven't watched as much, watched all the performances but been in and out of the kitchen so haven't really seen the VTs. It stinks though! I like Keith and thought he skated really well last week but I also thought he was overmarked this week.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Thought you were going to allude to Samia'solo piece ie the one on stage talking to CB.

Yes, I thought that was unfair. Why should she be the only one to get to talk again after her performance and harp on about how upset she had been.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    Yes, I thought that was unfair. Why should she be the only one to get to talk again after her performance and harp on about how upset she had been.

I thought that smacked of ITV panicking about losing another woman celeb.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I thought that smacked of ITV panicking about losing another woman celeb.

And one of their own as well - they like to keep the Corrie / Emmerdale / Loose Women in as long as they can!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

I thought she was woefully undermarked, though that was probably a bit daft. If her scores had been more sensible they wouldn't have needed to do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all have our biases, perhaps.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus showing Luke arguing and his clip in the recap is not the best bit and ends with him going away from camera and you can't see his face.

So he is obviously doing well in the voting for them to try and cripple him that much.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    I thought she was woefully undermarked, though that was probably a bit daft. If her scores had been more sensible they wouldn't have needed to do that.

You thought she was undermarked:eek: I don't know about the scores but she was woeful, her solo skating was woeful, the only thing she did was a lift and that was mainly Sylvain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought she was overmarked tbh especially from the skating judges.
    Forum Member
    We all have our biases, perhaps.

Oh yes, no doubting that. However I think its unfair that we are being encouraged to vote for Keith because he's been ill this week, when Joe & Gareth have also suffered a great deal. Gareth did a brilliant skate with a foot problem - that deserves some credit IMO!
    Forum Member
    Looks like the people in charge of editing etc got their wish then! Sometimes I really do wonder why I watch this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Bi-ass
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, no doubting that. However I think its unfair that we are being encouraged to vote for Keith because he's been ill this week, when Joe & Gareth have also suffered a great deal. Gareth did a brilliant skate with a foot problem - that deserves some credit IMO!

Wonder how much influence on the vote Samia's speech had on her avoiding the skateoff.?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Joe has enough votes without going for sympathy as well! They should have mentioned Gareth's issues, though. It's a shame Chris, Jayne or Karen didn't bring it up. I'm surprised Phillip didn't...he loves an injury, after all.