Options

Mohammed Saleem The Birmingham man who was murdered was also a victim of hate

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn it must have really pissed the multiculturalists off that the nasty man was actually an immigrant!

They must have been praying he was EDL.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The granddaughter of the murdered man said outside the court that the authorities need to be more careful about who they let in the country.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy for the murdered man in amongst all the point scoring?
  • Options
    Andrew1954Andrew1954 Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    I thought it very tragic at the time when it happened. It was as as I recall not long after the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby. But the story quickly faded from the media until it resurfaced with the trial. That tells us something doesn't it.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Damn it must have really pissed the multiculturalists off that the nasty man was actually an immigrant!

They must have been praying he was EDL.

Yes. That's what has annoyed me. :confused:
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »

From posters like trevgo and gocompletelynut I'd have hoped for more decorum, more solidarity with all of us against any form of racism or any form of murder. I invite them to condemn such acts. I hope they don't just use this to score points when nobody was actually doing that.

That's the real sadness about life in Britain at the moment. For all the 'offence' immigrants and/or Muslims cause, even when they are genuine victims of racism and hatred, no quarter is given by certain members of the public who have issues with these groups of people.
  • Options
    the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, a few months down the line this scumbag will be handed down a pathetic sentence such as a minimum of 40 years in prison and we'll have the resident do gooders sneering at the majority of us for "baying for blood" and insisting "he got a fair trial".

If this lowlife doesn't get a whole life tariff then this country has well and truly gone to pot. He's a cold, calculated psychopath who murdered an 80 year old man and persistently tried to murder several more by planting more bombs where the previous ones had failed. His views and his attitude upon being arrested show that he's extremely dangerous and has no hope in hell of being rehabilitated. He should never be released.

Edit: I just realised he might be deported instead.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is eligible for a whole life tarrif I believe, given the hate crime/terrorist motives for his crimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    He is eligible for a whole life tarrif I believe, given the hate crime/terrorist motives for his crimes.

He received a minimum of 40 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24675040
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

Good. He got what he deserved although a proper life sentence would have been better. Such a promising life ruined, and of course lets not forget Mohammed Saleem who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Amazing that this case doesn't get as much coverage as had been the case if the victim was white and the criminal a Muslim.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »

I hope they deport the evil bastard once his sentence is up.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Good. He got what he deserved although a proper life sentence would have been better. Such a promising life ruined, and of course lets not forget Mohammed Saleem who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Amazing that this case doesn't get as much coverage as had been the case if the victim was white and the criminal a Muslim.

Absolute nonsense., we've been hearing about Stephen Lawrence for the past 2 decades now, and nothing about the White youths that have been butchered to death by Black/Asian gangs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no consolation to the family but he's in jail for life. His punishment is meant to reflect the severity of his crimes. He murdered one man and tried to kill countless more.

The story is big, but should be bigger. Clearly the Anti-Muslim mob on here aren't going to do a song and dance about it (just look at the posts by trevgo and gocompletelynut above) but we should expect that from them - that's their agenda. This thread was never going to hit 30+ pages because there's not as much anger about racists and about those who seek to murder Muslims. "Oh he's a loner, he's only one. But Muslims are many and they are the great threat. And what about all those murdered by them eh?" - that's the sort of argument you get from some on here. Best to just recognise the low response to this story as a reflection on how prejudiced and intolerant many posters are on this forum.
  • Options
    steviexsteviex Posts: 133,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I hope they deport the evil bastard once his sentence is up.

That's another foreign criminal for us to keep in the lap of luxury. :mad:

I'm sure Cameron said a few years ago that any convicted foreign criminals would be deported to serve their sentence in their own country. :rolleyes:

I would very much like him to serve his sentence in a Ukrainian prison than one of ours, can't imagine it being as comfortable!

Will he be deported, at any time? I won't hold my breath! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute nonsense., we've been hearing about Stephen Lawrence for the past 2 decades now, and nothing about the White youths that have been butchered to death by Black/Asian gangs.

Nice of you to leave out the difference.

"Black/Asian gangs" who killed those white youths were sentenced and imprisoned for their crimes.

The killers of Stephen Lawrence were finally found guilty and sentenced in 2012, 19 years after the murder. The other two or three are still free men, I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Nice of you to leave out the difference.

"Black/Asian gangs" who killed those white youths were sentenced and imprisoned for their crimes.

The killers of Stephen Lawrence were finally found guilty and sentenced in 2012, 19 years after the murder. The other two or three are still free men, I think.

Ever heard of Gavin Hopley?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magratx wrote: »

What does that incident have to do with this? So the next time a non-white person is murdered by a white person do we not condemn it but instead remember when the reverse happened? In this incident a white man has murdered a non-white man and tried to kill many more. Does that not connect with you?

Condemn ALL of these incidents. Otherwise you are guilty of hypocrisy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    What does that incident have to do with this? So the next time a non-white person is murdered by a white person do we not condemn it but instead remember when the reverse happened? In this incident a white man has murdered a non-white man and tried to kill many more. Does that not connect with you?

Condemn ALL of these incidents. Otherwise you are guilty of hypocrisy.

This was an answer to Takae who stated that the reason the Stephen Lawrence murder was still in the news was because his murderers had escaped retribution.

Spot the similarity, and yet I doubt you had ever heard of Gavin Hopley until now.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have, actually. It's really weird that you should mention - out of all victims who were murdered in similar circumstances over the last 100 years - Hopley because my dad wrote an article about the Hopley trial (and two other different trials) for an academic/legal journal a few years ago. Odd coincidence, eh.

But back to the topic: IMO, the difference between the Hopley case and the ones I mentioned is that the Hopley case has no solid witness accounts, which makes it tough to prove the suspects were directly involved. Two other victims, who survived the attack, couldn't even positively identify their attackers. So, no one can truly campaign for a stronger investigation against the suspects when there is no evidence or solid witness accounts available.

There are many other similar murders (regardless of ethnicity) that go under the media's radar for similar reasons. Frustrating, but I do hope someone will one day slip up enough to put the Hopley killers away for life. It'll be especially good for those two attack survivors, too, as they deserve closure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was an answer to Takae who stated that the reason the Stephen Lawrence murder was still in the news was because his murderers had escaped retribution.

Spot the similarity, and yet I doubt you had ever heard of Gavin Hopley until now.

Why the need to be so presumptive and arrogant? I just don't understand that.

I know about his murder. It was discussed on this forum several times.

You ever heard of Kriss Donald?

Again what is the point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the need to be so presumptive and arrogant? I just don't understand that.

I know about his murder. It was discussed on this forum several times.

You ever heard of Kriss Donald?

Again what is the point?

So instead of condemning these murders you attack me.

What was that you were saying about hypocrisy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So instead of condemning these murders you attack me.

What was that you were saying about hypocrisy?

They're all to be condemned. I said that earlier. What a joke.

I haven't seen you condemning them all. Only non-white on white ones. All I've seen you do is refer to incidents unrelated to this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're all to be condemned. I said that earlier. What a joke.

I haven't seen you condemning them all. Only non-white on white ones. All I've seen you do is refer to incidents unrelated to this.

One incident and that because I come from manchester and worked with people who knew Gavin before his murder. So in a discussion such as this , yes it naturally comes to mind when somebody makes a post on Stephen Lawrence.

The bastards stole his watch after they beat him up and all they were charged with was violent disorder.

And for the record I totally condemn any act of violence on anybody.