Options

The Amazing Race USA Season 24

Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
Forum Member
Well we all know who the all stars... if you can call them that, are!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    When is this airing? The last series made me get back into the show a little bit.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jamie_181 wrote: »
    When is this airing? The last series made me get back into the show a little bit.:)

Usually February time. I guess the 9th or the 16th Feb, so not that long, only a month away.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost interest in TAR 24 and went looking for the results
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cowboys, The Globetrotters and Dave and Connor have no business being there, and I don't like Margie and Luke either (him more than her. She was tough, but he's a whiny bitch). I like the Twinnies and the Afghanimals, but that's it. Was never a big Bopper and Mark fan and the Youtubers are just annoying. And Brenchel is just meh. Caroline and Jennifer were nice, solid racers, but nothing major, and John and Jessica are just dumb (hopefully they provide one WTF moment again, and then leave).

Where are the Chippendales? One of the most liked teams from recent seasons, good racers and entertaining, and they're not there :confused::confused: Instead we get THREE three-peater teams, none of which are entertaining or likeable (imo).

I'd imagine for the more casual viewer (and some fans) this is probably the most annoying cast ever. Twinnies, Afghanimals, Brenchel, Youtubers and Margie and Luke, altogether in one season, will likely p*ss off, if not just drive away, some people. I like two of those teams, but I can't deny they were disliked by a lot of people.

All in all, a lacklustre line up with some teams who really shouldn't be there. I'll watch (as I always do) but I can't say I'm looking forward too it as I was TAR:UB.

Twinnies, Afghanimals and Caroline and Jennifer are my top 3; hopefully one of them will win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    The Cowboys, The Globetrotters and Dave and Connor have no business being there, and I don't like Margie and Luke either (him more than her. She was tough, but he's a whiny bitch). I like the Twinnies and the Afghanimals, but that's it. Was never a big Bopper and Mark fan and the Youtubers are just annoying. And Brenchel is just meh. Caroline and Jennifer were nice, solid racers, but nothing major, and John and Jessica are just dumb (hopefully they provide one WTF moment again, and then leave).

Where are the Chippendales? One of the most liked teams from recent seasons, good racers and entertaining, and they're not there :confused::confused: Instead we get THREE three-peater teams, none of which are entertaining or likeable (imo).

I'd imagine for the more casual viewer (and some fans) this is probably the most annoying cast ever. Twinnies, Afghanimals, Brenchel, Youtubers and Margie and Luke, altogether in one season, will likely p*ss off, if not just drive away, some people. I like two of those teams, but I can't deny they were disliked by a lot of people.

All in all, a lacklustre line up with some teams who really shouldn't be there. I'll watch (as I always do) but I can't say I'm looking forward too it as I was TAR:UB.

Twinnies, Afghanimals and Caroline and Jennifer are my top 3; hopefully one of them will win.

Chips were replaced last minute. Tim and Marie were also going to be on this season but then ended up pulling out in the end apparently because Marie was unhappy at the way she was edited last season.

I think Trey and Lexi were a possibility as well but might have been replaced last minute.
  • Options
    RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading about the deception that TAR is going try to pull in the first episode not sure I can be arsed to watch.
    Bopper is ill apparently and couldn't take part, so has a replacement. Seems production knew this well ahead of time, but still promoted as Bopper taking part. And Phil doesn some dramatic announcement in the first episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RenThraysk wrote: »
    After reading about the deception that TAR is going try to pull in the first episode not sure I can be arsed to watch.
    Bopper is ill apparently and couldn't take part, so has a replacement. Seems production knew this well ahead of time, but still promoted as Bopper taking part. And Phil doesn some dramatic announcement in the first episode.
    This makes a lot of sense because I was sure
    Mallory from 'Gary and Mallory'
    was in it (I think I saw a picture of them at the airport on a spoiler site) so when they weren't announced I was surprised/confused. I assume they'll be partnering Mark. Why not just promote them from the beginning as a pair? :confused: All you'll have now is fans of B+M (one of the few popular teams picked) disappointed.

*kept it gender-neutral to avoid spoilers in the spoiler. I know what I mean :blush:
  • Options
    The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who is watching this tonight? I remember when Amazing Race discussion used to be quite lively on DS.. I am looking forward to it.. Was a bit meh about the cast at first, but think there is a good mix now and looking forward to the usual drama..
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Was my first time watching and i wasn't impressed really, it was okay. I'm not sure what I was expecting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So far not impressed by the series, only 10 mins in and the show was wasted with Booper leaving and everyone crying; so staged and fake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, so my main reason for watching just got eliminated in the first leg! Meanwhile the shouldn't-even-be-there three-peaters the Cowboys get an express pass, while terminally dull Dave and Conor (who offer nothing more than a cancer sob-story) are in third, with three-peaters Margie and Luke a close fourth.

The Twinnies are one of the few teams I even gave a shit about; love them or hate them, they were at least a memorable team, and one of only a few there that can actually be considered all-stars imo. I hope we don't end up with a Cowboys, Dave and Conor, Globetrotters/Margie and Luke F3.

The Afghanimals, the Country Singers and Mallory are the only ones I'm interested in now (and Brenchel aren't bad either). I don't know if I'll even finish this series, depends how it plays out. So far, not so good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is really now missing the Chippies, Tim and Marie and Marcus and Amarni. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ Totally agree with this. If I were casting this (which I should be :p), I'd choose:

Ernie and Cindy-s19
    Amani and Marcus-s19
    Bill and Cathi-s19
    Brendon and Rachel-s20
    Jaymes and James-s21
    Natalie and Nadiya-s21
    Bates and Anthony-s22
    Max and Katie-s22
    Caroline and Jennifer-s22
    Pam and Winnie-s22
    Leo and Jamal-s23
    Tim and Marie-s23

When you consider how many good teams there have been since UB, there really was no need to bring back three double-racers over, say, Amani and Marcus, or Bates and Anthony. And some other casting decisions are just huge mistakes, especially when it means we get Dave and Conor :( and Jessica and John :confused: instead of the Chippies, Tim and Marie, hell, even Pam and Winnie made more of an impact ( and were a hell of a lot more entertaining imo).

And now the Twinnies are gone, my interest in TAR24 has diminished considerably, after just one episode. Here's hoping Survivor 28 is a good'un.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Well I'll just say - thank god one of the most annoying teams of all time has gone in episode 1.

All it needs now is for the team that came 2nd last to go next episode and we can get on with a decent series.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind the first episode, although no detour so seemed short. Glad Twinnies have gone, I couldn't take there arguing, but their mistakes were laughable.

Although I wouldn't mind other teams, I've always been a fan of Cowboys, Globetrotters, Brenchal and Mallory so happy there back.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never watched this before and decided to start watching it tonight and I really enjoyed it. There really should be a British version of it. If casted and produced properly, I think it could be a success.
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I love Dave and Connor, Mallory, Jessica and John
    While I love Flight time and Big Easy I kinda wished there wasn't teams from UB
    Would have loved Tim and Marie to be on this race.
  • Options
    CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a tragically bad cast, even for a regular series let alone an 'All Stars'. I literally have no team I want to support - possibly Mallory and Mark, but they haven't got a hope (except I think Jet and Cord may well give them the Express Pass). I really dislike Rachel and Brendan, Jessica and John, the idiot internet sensations whatever their names are and I DESPISE Margie and Luke, and the rest I'm pretty indifferent to.

I hated the fact that the Twinnies and Internet Sensations were bottom 2 just because they chose the wrong carriages - and the Twinnies were my favourite team. *sigh*

I think I'm going to hate this season already.

(Oh I forgot - I do like the Afghanimals).
  • Options
    The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was a far better episode. Changing of order, drama and a good roadblock..
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise it was already ep2, so just catching up. The start has been ok, thankfully the two planes had no detrimental effect on the first leg and the two eliminations haven't been that bad.

The second express pass twist is getting old though. And really the race to the final pitstop has to be longer and more difficult than the first two legs. At least the end of the second leg provided some difficulty with the kicking challenge, but all the teams were together. The first leg had a boring processional task in comparison. Longer distance on legs please, longer navigation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Good episode, I was cheering on Megan when she commented on the blondes as being bad examples of women. They got carried through their last season by Bates and Anthony, and now they are trying to do the same thing to the Cowboys. It's pretty pathetic and embarrassing for them. I don't dislike them, but I wish they'd run their own race.

It was amusing to me how Mark never took to spoilt Daddy's girl Malory. You could tell the producers wouldn't have expected him to react like that to their little sweetheart. Again, I'm not hating though, despite the bad press they've gotten I am quite enjoying all of the teams so far this season (except John and Jessica, I quite like her but I don't understand why they are here).:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But wasn't Malory totally right that they didn't have to go back and get the bag, they had the passport?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Mark and Bopper weren't fit enough to race first time around, so further on they would have been even worse candidates to come back.
    Cwej wrote: »
    I hated the fact that the Twinnies and Internet Sensations were bottom 2 just because they chose the wrong carriages - and the Twinnies were my favourite team. *sigh*

I thought the Twinnies were at the back of the pack because they couldn't find the dress shop?
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Mark was horrible this episode, could easily leave his bag as all the other guys would of gave him clothes. A bag or a million dollars? Poor Mal :(