TV shows since the year 2000 that no one remembers?

LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,721
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What television shows from the past 13/14 years do you recall watching but very few if any can remember them when asked?

Here are a couple of mine:

Steel River Blues - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_River_Blues a show about Teesside firefighters that only lasted for 7 episodes. It aired in 2004 just two years after London's burning was axed.

Identity - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1468779/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_7 a series about a police unit investigating identity theft starring Keeley Hawes just a couple of months after the finale of Ashes to Ashes.

It can be anything from a one off drama or a promising series that had potential to continue.

Comments

• k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Two that come to mind for me:
    All About George- Rik Mayall attempts to be the straight lead in a family drama, and fails.
    Mine All Mine- Griff Rhys Jones is a man who claims that he is the owner of the city of Swansea thanks to an ancient family will.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
    Forum Member
    Skinny Women: A four part documentary series c.2002 on Channel Four about the lives of four different seriously ill women, suffering from different aspects of an eating disorder.

You did ask. This is one of those only I seem to remember.

NB. This was long before stations like UK living or Home and Health started banging out their less serious, more trashy type shows of the same name.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Waiting Game on BBC ONE, a Saturday night quiz hosted by Ruby Wax. The format I thought was quite good and as I understand, a lot of people didn't like Ruby's style of presenting, but perhaps with the right host, it could be brought back. I don't think it got the recognition it deserved.
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLC from 2002

Comedy staring Reece Shearsmith as a newly qualified doctor. Also starred Alexander Armstrong, Richard Griffith and Tim Brooke-Taylor

Look Around You Series 1 from 2002 (Nearly everone remembers series 2 being a spoof of Tomorrow's World)

Spoof of the Granada TV schools programme Experiment. It Starred Peter Serafinowicz and his brother James. With Nigel Lambert doing the voice over
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JailBreak (2000) - Channel5 quiz show that had 10 contestants trying to escape from a purpose buily prison. Hosted by Craig Charles

Touch The Truck (2001) - Another Channel 5 quiz. The winner beinmg the last person touching the truck. Presented by Dale Winton
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my circle of friends I seem to be the only one to remember Garth Merenghi's Darkplace, which had just about the entire cast of The Mighty Boosh and the IT Crowd in it at some point.
  • Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one seems to remember Paradox which I thought was pretty good and as it was axed really wanna know what the whole story was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    In my circle of friends I seem to be the only one to remember Garth Merenghi's Darkplace, which had just about the entire cast of The Mighty Boosh and the IT Crowd in it at some point.

Got it on DVD
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Two that come to mind for me:
    All About George- Rik Mayall attempts to be the straight lead in a family drama, and fails.
    Mine All Mine- Griff Rhys Jones is a man who claims that he is the owner of the city of Swansea thanks to an ancient family will.

Oooh, I remember really liking that :D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »

That was a classic cult comedy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Monkey dust- An animated satirical black comedy that really cut to the bone. Way ahead of its time, I found it grotesquely funny.
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,075
    Forum Member
    Recently watched the The top 30 (I think) comedy shows shown on Channel 4, and Teachers was completely ignored despite being excellent (unless they saw it more as a drama?)
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    shegeek wrote: »
    Monkey dust- An animated satirical black comedy that really cut to the bone. Way ahead of its time, I found it grotesquely funny.

Didn't Bob Monkhouse play satan in this? Only one I really remember is Mr Hoppy, the homicidal space hopper who's dozy geordie friend always got the blame.
  • REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen of Swords made in 2000 not shown in Britain until 2008 even though a part British production with a host of British actors. Aimed at the Zena market but failed due in part to cost, ratings, and lawsuits. Guest starred David Carradine and Bo Derek. Might have succeeded if made now since the revival of Dr Who, Robin Hood, The Musketeers, etc. though some episodes were quite violent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Swords_(TV_series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HkAHgyshDQ
  • Mandy28Mandy28 Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Sorted - a comedy drama starring Will Mellor and Hugo Speer. It was about a group of Royal Mail workers. I really liked it and was gutted when it want renewed!

Also- I remember All About George with Rik Mayall. Didn't he work for his dad who owned a construction company and then his dad died so he took it over?
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about the short lived sitcom staring Frank Skinner Shane??

It only lasted 7 episodes in 2004..

He played a taxi driver, I did find it quite funny..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Za8BdYsz7Y
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Mine all mine. Think we have it on DVD.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Bob Monkhouse play satan in this? Only one I really remember is Mr Hoppy, the homicidal space hopper who's dozy geordie friend always got the blame.

Bob wasn't in Monkey Dust - you're thinking of "Aaagh! It's the Mr. Hell Show!"

I still like to watch Modern Toss which was an early outing for many comics.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    g-bhxu wrote: »
    Got it on DVD

I really enjoyed Garth Merenghi, it was really funny and parodied bad 80's sci-fi perfectly :)
    "I'm going window shopping, and right now theres a half price sale on weird"

:D
  • nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Garth Merenghi, it was really funny and parodied bad 80's sci-fi perfectly :)
    "I'm going window shopping, and right now theres a half price sale on weird"

:D
    Didn't Stephen Merchant play a chef?
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Kitt 2000 wrote: »
    How about the short lived sitcom staring Frank Skinner Shane??

It only lasted 7 episodes in 2004..

He played a taxi driver, I did find it quite funny..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Za8BdYsz7Y

They made a second series - I attended one of the recordings - which has never been shown (or, I think, been released on DVD).
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Murder Game.

I think this was around 2002/2003. I loved this show every Saturday and then it got moved later and later in the schedules and now people just look at me blankly whenever I mention it.

Also The Block. I seem to remember 4 couples were given an identical house on a 'block' and given a set amount of time and funds to do it all up and then had it evaluated by Simon Cowell's brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about sunburn with Michelle Collins set in a Spanish resort?

Was a poor version of Benidorm though but was okay to watch for it's time.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare_Allan wrote: »
    No-one seems to remember Paradox which I thought was pretty good and as it was axed really wanna know what the whole story was.

It was abysmal. I wish I could forget it.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't remember them how can you put them on DS ?