When actors change to someone else during a scene?

1235»

Comments

• pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Ha ha, I suppose I just assumed as Rickett fits the mould of characters like Dr Chris Warner :D

I lost interest in Shortland Street when all the original cast left & the new characters like that Carmen started becoming annoying

Carmen was pretty much an original. She died in 95 onscreen. In fact at least half of the first / early cast hung around 'til 2001 when 14 went in a major revamp and the clinic went into a public model. Few of the originals/early cast have came in and out over the past couple of years. Rachel and Chris are originals left. Grace Kwan recently returned in a warped plot, and is off screen again just now but will likely appear again later in the year.

Rickitt's character was never a Chris Warner womaniser type. He was involved with dodgy gang dealings, money laundering and messed up past in Thailand. Also killed a nurse in a car crash and more to boot.

This sums his four year spell up - in two minutes
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Roseanne, sis it with Becky, the original actress was at school, an they brought in a new one to fill in, but it being roseanne it was talked about, they made a joke out of it, one actress would go upstairs and come down as the other, then next scene it was the other again, they had a running joke that the young brother DJ knew the imposter wast his sister.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HYXTyrZLfM
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carmen was pretty much an original. She died in 95 onscreen. In fact at least half of the first / early cast hung around 'til 2001 when 14 went in a major revamp and the clinic went into a public model. Few of the originals/early cast have came in and out over the past couple of years. Rachel and Chris are originals left. Grace Kwan recently returned in a warped plot, and is off screen again just now but will likely appear again later in the year.

Rickitt's character was never a Chris Warner womaniser type. He was involved with dodgy gang dealings, money laundering and messed up past in Thailand. Also killed a nurse in a car crash and more to boot.

This sums his four year spell up - in two minutes

Wow! It certainly changed from the likes of Gina & Lionel in the coffee shop!

As I say I liked the first couple of years but missed characters like Carrie, Steve and Marj.

I could never stand Stuart Nielsen though
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    3rd Rock from the Sun.
    The season finale for the 3rd season and opening episode for the 4th season were a 2-parter with a cliffhanger where Harry is kidnapped by Vicky's ex boyfriend played by Phil Hartman.

Hartman was murdered by his wife before the shooting of the second part conclusion, so they recast with a new storyline - the new story being Harry had been "sold" to a travelling freak show by Hartman's character.

Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure have never spoken again on the Simpsons.

Hartmans character on "Newsradio" dies offscreen of a heart attack.

Hartman was also lined up to play Zapp Brannigan in Futurama, Billy West (voice of Fry) took over and made the Brannigan voice a copy of Hartman's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! It certainly changed from the likes of Gina & Lionel in the coffee shop!

As I say I liked the first couple of years but missed characters like Carrie, Steve and Marj.

I could never stand Stuart Nielsen though

Marj appeared for a cameo on the 20th anniversary in 2012.

I know way too much about SS - watch it everyday!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marj appeared for a cameo on the 20th anniversary in 2012.

I know way too much about SS - watch it everyday!

What channel do you watch it on? Or can you stream it from NZ?

The Central region showed it from Easter 1993 time and showed it every day but I think some ITV areas never showed it at all. It's been a good few years since the series has been shown on ITV but I think it was shown on RTE for those who can watch Irish TV :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What channel do you watch it on? Or can you stream it from NZ?

The Central region showed it from Easter 1993 time and showed it every day but I think some ITV areas never showed it at all. It's been a good few years since the series has been shown on ITV but I think it was shown on RTE for those who can watch Irish TV :)

It is on in RTE still - they are four years behind NZ. (Rickitt's departure a fortnight ago) - Ands1977 on youtube - good mate - has uploaded almost every episode from mid 2004 to the current 2010 eps shown on RTE 1.

Central showed it up 'til 2003. When West Country, HTV etc became owned by Carlton they showed it at different paces and Carlton made them jump to Central's pace with a special show for the UK presented by Angela Bloomfield and Michael Galvin (Rachel and Chris).

Most regions aired it for a while. Border had it here up until 2001ish. STV never aired it, nor did UTV either I don't think. Grampian did until 1998.

I watch SS at NZ pace through a 'source'. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is on in RTE still - they are four years behind NZ. (Rickitt's departure a fortnight ago) - Ands1977 on youtube - good mate - has uploaded almost every episode from mid 2004 to the current 2010 eps shown on RTE 1.

Central showed it up 'til 2003. When West Country, HTV etc became owned by Carlton they showed it at different paces and Carlton made them jump to Central's pace with a special show for the UK presented by Angela Bloomfield and Michael Galvin (Rachel and Chris).

Most regions aired it for a while. Border had it here up until 2001ish. STV never aired it, nor did UTV either I don't think. Grampian did until 1998.

I watch SS at NZ pace through a 'source'. ;-)

Wow, I'm impressed at your knowledge!! ;-)

I always liked Guy Warner and was pleasantly surprised when I found out Craig Parker is gay in real life :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, I'm impressed at your knowledge!! ;-)
    :

As I say - I know way to much - storylines from years etc - I'm too good. :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thames tried (and failed) at finding a successful comedy for Penelope Keith during the 1980s, one of which was Executive Stress. Her husband was firstly Geoffrey Palmer (series 1) then Peter Bowles (series 2/3)