Philips Home Theatre Remote with Philips TV

Hello,

I've a 32inch Philips TV, the remote is after breaking - I rooted around the house and have a Philips remote from ages ago, but it hass tv, dvd, vcr etc functions at the top of it - I am wondering can I pair this to my TV - when I press tv function button I see it interacting with the TV but no other button will work - I am guessing I need a code - I cannot find a code or how to enter the code at all on the internet, can anyone help?

The remote is from an old home theatre kit I am guessing - it doesnt have a model number anywhere on it.

Could someone help, can post pics etc if needed.

Cheers,

Tim

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, anyone any ideas? or alternatively recommend a decent enough replacement remote - nothing too fancy, just need it literally to switch between inputs. Thanks
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't comment on the Philips remote but any of the universal remote controls should be okay, it doesn't sound as if you need anything fancy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Sorry to bump this again, so I am going to buy a new TV remote, any universal remote control will do? but how do I put it in and get the codes etc? and when I get the codes, what buttons do I press on the remote I cant find it anywhere on google.

Thanks
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scofield wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry to bump this again, so I am going to buy a new TV remote, any universal remote control will do? but how do I put it in and get the codes etc? and when I get the codes, what buttons do I press on the remote I cant find it anywhere on google.

Thanks

You read the manual that comes with the remote which will have a list of codes for the various devices it can control. It will also have instructions for what buttons you need to press to program said code into the remote.

Without any knowledge of the make and model of remote that is as specific as anyone can be as there are subtle differences between how the various types work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    You read the manual that comes with the remote which will have a list of codes for the various devices it can control. It will also have instructions for what buttons you need to press to program said code into the remote.

Without any knowledge of the make and model of remote that is as specific as anyone can be as there are subtle differences between how the various types work.

HI Many thanks for the response, this is the model of the TV

https://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=32PF5331/10&scy=IE&slg=en

I'll head off to the electronics store after church and get a AIO remote :)

That should be ok?

Cheers,

Tim
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.oneforall-int.com/en_IN/product/199/urc-3910-slim-line-tv

Would this be grand, can pick it up for €12 at my local store.