You would think the Police would stop trying play down problems like this

GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It always ends in a scandal. Just be honest, we spied on people looking for justice after our failings and gross negligence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28459711

Comments

• TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Metropolitan Police gathered information on 18 family campaigns.

The Met Police collected information on 18 justice campaigns - including that of Jean Charles de Menezes - a report into a now defunct unit has said.

Hard to comprehend why anyone would think this justified.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Metropolitan Police gathered information on 18 family campaigns.

The Met Police collected information on 18 justice campaigns - including that of Jean Charles de Menezes - a report into a now defunct unit has said.

Hard to comprehend why anyone would think this justified.

I tried, I really did but justification there is none. Plenty of promotions for the perpetrators of some of these injustices though.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only SCUM would spy on these poor families, and the MET are worse than SCUM in doing this!
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Hardly a surprise. The police and security services in this country have been out of control for years. They won't be happy until we're all being watched constantly. I remember when we could take the high ground on things like this over Eastern Bloc nations. I guess this is what happens when your only competition is something like ISIS.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear they only monitor terrorists
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    It always ends in a scandal. Just be honest, we spied on people looking for justice after our failings and gross negligence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28459711

And people still use 'If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to be afraid of' excuse when justifying increased surveillance. :o
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear they only monitor terrorists

Well you didn't read the quote.

And people still use 'If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to be afraid of' excuse when justifying increased surveillance. :o

'tis true they do use that strange argument.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reglip wrote: »

If you've got nothing to hide, why would anyone want to spy on you....and they don't only monitor terrorists.