Options

Sony Wireless Speaker CMT BT60B

hello
I have the above. My ex boyfriend set it up and it worked perfectly and now I cannot get dab or the pairing with my iPhone to work. the blue tooth on it does flash but cannot find devices.
Since my ex moved out we changed internet contracts. my questions are, does it need to somehow be connected to wifi and if so how? and also theres a usb port at the back, do I need to do something with that?
I would really like it to work again and would be very grateful if anyone could help me!

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does not have WiFi or any other form of network connection so ignore that.

The DAB problem could be the aerial. Make sure it is still plugged into the back securely and also that the bit of wire that passes for an aerial on this unit is vertical not coiled up behind the unit or draped along the surface it's sitting on. You could also try the auto tune operation again to see if it picks anything up.

Bluetooth. Try pairing up your devices again.

USB is for playing back audio files on a flash drive or similar.

There is a chance it's glitched and corrupted it's settings. There is apparently a way to reset the unit to factory defaults. But rather helpfully the manual (if you can call it that) fails to identify the magic button combination required to do so!

Manual available here if you've lost yours

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4456714131.pdf
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    thank you!
    I have managed to pair up again and pulled the aerial wire vertical.
    now it seems all the dab channels are working except the one I want (xfm).
    I can't work out in the manual how to run a rescan?
    sorry - I apologise in advance for how rubbish I am!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    as in it shows up on the display as being xdm, but no sound comes out, if I didn't explain that properly
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what the manual says to do a DAB retune
    Running the DAB Automatic Scan manually (CMT-BT60B only)

Before you can tune in DAB/DAB+ stations, you must perform a DAB Initial Scan. When you have moved to another area, also perform the DAB Initial Scan manually to update the DAB/DAB+ service information.

1 Press TUNER FUNCTION [3] on the remote or press FUNCTION [3] on the unit repeatedly until “DAB” appears in the display [13].

2 Press OPTIONS [33] to display the setting menu.

3 Press [up arrow] / [down arrow] [23] repeatedly to select “INITIAL,” then press + [32].

4 Press [up arrow] / [down arrow] [23] repeatedly to select “OK,” then press + [32].\

Scanning begins. The scanning progress is indicated by asterisks (*******). Depending on the DAB/DAB+ services available in your area, scanning may take a few minutes.
    When scanning is complete, a list of available services is created.

The numbers in [ ] refer to the front panel/remote diagram showing the button locations. Seems fairly straight forward. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you loads!