Options

Doctor who on Virgin On Demand, series 1 to 4, Movie,City Of Death,Ghost Light,+ More

garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
Forum Member
lots to view plus Waters of Mars + HD, Seeds Of Death,

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooo, thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Oooo, thanks for the tip!

Yep watching ghost light now with mccoy and. Ace
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    ooh - Seeds of Death is a goody! (quite long but splits into a couple of related stories really).

"Virgin On Demand" sounds a bit unsavoury! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    ooh - Seeds of Death is a goody! (quite long but splits into a couple of related stories really).

"Virgin On Demand" sounds a bit unsavoury! :o

Mmmmm virgins on demand
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I just hope they add more to it in the future!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We found this on Virgin and watched City of Death. My 5 year (mad DW fan) declared that the Classic Doctor Who was the best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I just hope they add more to it in the future!

Something new was added yesterday forgotten what it was now. Think it was called vengence.
  • Options
    timealantimealan Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Vengance on Varos
    Time Meddler
    Planet of the Daleks

....now available...on L and XL packages.....
  • Options
    stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh, I've still only watched the first two episodes of Ghost Light. I need to get a move on before they disappear, as I am sure they will do at some point. The fact they also have classic (remastered) Star Trek on demand is not helping.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    stafs wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, I've still only watched the first two episodes of Ghost Light. I need to get a move on before they disappear, as I am sure they will do at some point. The fact they also have classic (remastered) Star Trek on demand is not helping.

Definitely need to speed up - Ghost Light always needs to be watched twice to make sense!
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great set of classic stories if only they would air them on Watch.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Just to be pedantic:

"This month Virgin Media On Demand is having a Doctor Who extravaganza, showing the first four series of the reboot plus episodes from the classic series of the 60s, 70s and 80s."

Reboot means a total restart, ignoring previously established continuity. The new series is a continuation not a reboot. Gosh I wish they would get it right! :D:D
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Just to be pedantic:

"This month Virgin Media On Demand is having a Doctor Who extravaganza, showing the first four series of the reboot plus episodes from the classic series of the 60s, 70s and 80s."

Reboot means a total restart, ignoring previously established continuity. The new series is a continuation not a reboot. Gosh I wish they would get it right! :D:D

I wish they would stop airing the new series. God it gets screened to death these days.
  • Options
    stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally, finished watching Ghost Light. I think I understood it about as well when I originally watched it. It is a very odd story with characters randomly turning up, spouting some indecipherable dialogue and then disappearing again. I get it was about evolution, but I don't get the ending where
    they all seemed to pile into a space ship and disappear at the speed of thought
    I'm usually good at following the gist of a story, even if some of the more intricate plotting gets lost but it just seemed to end too abruptly without much explanation. Oh well, a quick Google will probably tell me what I missed.

Next, The Time Meddler.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    I wish they would stop airing the new series. God it gets screened to death these days.

I know! Sky Anytime + only ever has series 2 boxset.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    stafs wrote: »
    I'm usually good at following the gist of a story, even if some of the more intricate plotting gets lost but it just seemed to end too abruptly without much explanation. Oh well, a quick Google will probably tell me what I missed.

I don't think you missed too much - the stone ship was Light's, until Smith sabotaged the experiment. They just chose to go off in it to explore. I think. My memory is hazy.