Predict The 2014 Brit Awards

2»

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    A mix of prediction and what I want...

British Male- Calvin Harris, Olly Murs, Tom Odell, David Bowie, Jake Bugg.

British Female- Laura Mvula, Laura Marling, Gabrielle Aplin, Jessie J, Ellie Goulding

Brit Awards 2013- Foals, Rudimental, One Direction, Bastille, Hurts

British Breakthrough- Bastille, Tom Odell, AlunaGeorge, CHVRCHES, Passenger

British Album- Long Way Down (Tom Odell), The Next Day (David Bowie), Once I Was An Eagle (Laura Marling), Holy Fire (Foals), Exile (Hurts)

International Male- Justin Timberlake, Drake, Jay Z, Bruno Mars, Seasick Steve

International Female- Pink, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Iggy Azalea

International Group- Daft Punk, Kodaline, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, The Script, Vampire Weekend

International Breakthrough (if awarded)- Icona Pop, Iggy Azalea, Kodaline, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons

Best Live Act- Arctic Monkeys, One Direction, Black Sabbath, Mumford & Sons, Primal Scream

Outstanding Contribution to Music- The Cure
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most predictable thing about it will be that every category will be won by acts that David Cameron probably has on his car stereo and that they will all be rubbish - except The Cure. I would have thought that their Glastonbury performance would have ruled out the Arctic Monkeys as best live act.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is ridiculously early to be speculating about this

I do think however that Frank Turner may get a nomination for best male and best album for Tape Deck Heart.
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who knows when it comes to The Brits but surely Daft Punk for best international single and act will be a deffo. Then again there is no chance they will accept the awards so maybe not
  • mooneusmooneus Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    British Male
    Rod Stewart
    David Bowie
    Duke Dumont
    Naughty Boy
    Passenger

British Female
    Jessie J
    Diana Vickers
    Eliza Doolittle
    Joss Stone
    KT Tunstall

British Group
    Bastille
    Rudimental
    Stereophonics
    Foals
    Biffy Clyro

British Breakthrough
    Bastille
    Rudimental
    Disclosure
    Naughty Boy
    John Newman

British Single
    Passenger - Let Her Go
    Naughty Boy - La La La
    Bastille - Pompeii
    Rudimental - Waiting All Night
    One Direction - One Way Or Another
    Disclosure - White Noise
    Saturdays - What About Us
    Duke Dumont - Need U
    Jessie J - Wild
    John Newman - Love Me Again

British Album
    Rod Stewart - Time
    Bastille - Bad Blood
    Rudimental - Home
    David Bowie - Next Day
    Passenger - All The Little Lights

International Male
    Michael Buble
    Justin Timberlake
    Robin Thicke
    Macklemore
    Bruno Mars

International Female
    Caro Emerald
    Pink
    Bridgit Mendler
    Britney Spears
    Annie

International Group
    Daft Punk
    Imagine Dragons
    Paramore
    Icona Pop
    Bingo Players

International Breakthrough
    Macklemore
    Avicii
    Icona Pop
    Bingo Players
    Chris Malinchak

International Album
    Michael Buble - To Be Loved
    Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
    Justin Timberlake - 20/20 Experience
    Caro Emerald - The Shocking Miss Emerald
    Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows when it comes to The Brits but surely Daft Punk for best international single and act will be a deffo. Then again there is no chance they will accept the awards so maybe not

I think they will win at least one award, whether or not they bother to turn up (I don't think they will).
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is ridiculously early to be speculating about this

I do think however that Frank Turner may get a nomination for best male and best album for Tape Deck Heart.

It's a bit of fun, so try to lighten up

Plus we are over half way through the year anyway and the nominations will be revealed come January.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I think the most predictable thing about it will be that every category will be won by acts that David Cameron probably has on his car stereo and that they will all be rubbish - except The Cure. I would have thought that their Glastonbury performance would have ruled out the Arctic Monkeys as best live act.

Personally I think it probably almost guaranteed they WIN the award. Thought they were extraordinary (and i couldn't have been the only one as their 7.5 year old debut album hit #1 on iTunes in the week following, surely an incredibly rare happening). They are head and shoulders above any UK rock act at the moment. Opinions, eh? ;)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People still take them seriously?
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Personally I think it probably almost guaranteed they WIN the award. Thought they were extraordinary (and i couldn't have been the only one as their 7.5 year old debut album hit #1 on iTunes in the week following, surely an incredibly rare happening). They are head and shoulders above any UK rock act at the moment. Opinions, eh? ;)

The Arctic Monkeys were brilliant at Glastonbury. If you go on Efestivals, you will find that the majority who were there share this view.

Not sure how they came across on TV but the whole show was a definite success for them.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll bring back the British Global Success award. :rolleyes:

And I can't take these awards seriously when Emeli Sande beat Plan B for the album category this year.

There will be a new award next year. Most played artist as background music.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »

I would actually think the Rolling Stones have a very good chance of best live act after Glastonbury and Hyde Park.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1D will somehow win every award and will get cut off at the end by Blur.
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Olly Murs probably won't be eligible for a best male nomination, as he has stated that he won't be releasing a new album this year and is that not one of the requirements to get a nomination?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    British Male Solo Artist: Jake Bugg, Passenger, John Newman, David Bowie, Tom Odell Winner: John Newman
    British Breakthrough Act: The 1975, London Grammar, Bastille, Disclosure, Passenger Winner: The 1975
    British Female Act: Laura Mvula, Ellie Goulding, Jessie J, Nina Nesbitt, Jessie Ware Winner: Nina Nesbitt
    British Group: The 1975, London Grammar, Bastille, Arctic Monkeys, Rudimental Winner: Arctic Monkeys
    British Live Act: Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones, Mumford & Sons, Biffy Clyro, Chase & Status Winner: Arctic Monkeys
    Outstanding Achievement to Music: Winner: The Rolling Stones
    International Female Artist: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Iggy Azalea, P!NK Winner: Katy Perry
    International Group: Green Day, Daft Punk, HAIM, Fall Out Boy, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Winner: Daft Punk
    British Album of the Year: The 1975 - The 1975, Arctic Monkeys - AM, Disclosure - Settle, Jake Bugg - Jake Bugg, Bastille - Bad Blood Winner: The 1975
    International Male Solo Artist: Avicii, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke Winner: Justin Timberlake
    British Single: Do I Wanna Know?, Chocolate, Pompeii, Latch, Waiting All Night, Count On Me, Strong, Let Her Go, Love Me Again, Broken, I Need Your Love, Another Love, Stay Out, Atlas, X Factor Winner's Single Winner: Chocolate - The 1975