Sharon STILL going on about Dannii

13»

Comments

• Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    Why not? He was there every day and knew exactly what was going on. Why should he stand idly by and see this constant barrage of vitriol, lies and bullying towards a long time friend and colleague?

Because Dannii has declined to comment said her spokesperson. And not on twitter. If a reporter asks then thats a different thing. Its just my opinion.

Simon however needs spanking. He started this mess and really needs to say something now. Not just in a book.
    He is the naughty one who pitched them up against each other.

Maybe its time for his 'angels' to confront him :D
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I completely agree. I find it amusing as Danni wrote about it in her book and naturally Sharon is telling a very different story :rolleyes:

Danni wrote about it in her book owing to the fact that Sharon never stopped going on about it. Talk shows, her own books, anything that paid her to speak. Danni did not have to go into personal and insulting behaviour to put her point across, something that Madamme Osbourne is known for. Check out what Sharon Osbourne's own brother has to say about his sister, poo parcels, holding grudges, family funerals etc. etc. etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Because Dannii has declined to comment said her spokesperson. And not on twitter. If a reporter asks then thats a different thing. Its just my opinion.

Simon however needs spanking. He started this mess and really needs to say something now. Not just in a book.
    He is the naughty one who pitched them up against each other.

Maybe its time for his 'angels' to confront him :D
    Dannii is similar to Kylie, in that neither of them tend to say anything during interviews, and that's what Osbourne has always banked on during her vitriolic attacks during interviews over the past 6 years (Isn't it always the same that bullies always play the victim, and place the actual victim in a bad light with as much venom as possible) ?... Which is why perhaps that one of the important people that was there decided that "enough was enough". I'd do the same to be honest.

I agree wholeheartedly about Cowell's cowardice in all of this. His vile behaviour during the publication of his "unofficial" biography was disgraceful, misogynistic and shameful. If the newspaper editors weren't the same way inclined, perhaps he'd be shown up as the lecher that he truly and cold-hearted snake-oil salesman that he is. The guy is just a throwback from the 70/80's.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii is similar to Kylie, in that neither of them tend to say anything during interviews, and that's what Osbourne has always banked on during her vitriolic attacks during interviews over the past 6 years (Isn't it always the same that bullies always play the victim, and place the actual victim in a bad light with as much venom as possible) ?... Which is why perhaps that one of the important people that was there decided that "enough was enough". I'd do the same to be honest.

I agree wholeheartedly about Cowell's cowardice in all of this. His vile behaviour during the publication of his "unofficial" biography was disgraceful, misogynistic and shameful. If the newspaper editors weren't the same way inclined, perhaps he'd be shown up as the lecher that he truly and cold-hearted snake-oil salesman that he is. The guy is just a throwback from the 70/80's.

Which asks the question, why does Dannii still work for him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which asks the question, why does Dannii still work for him?
    I understand your scepticism, but she doesn't. She works for the Australian Channel 7 directly. She finished Australia's Got Talent after 6 years as Channel 10 bought the franchise from Syco, but she still had a year to run on a 2 year contract with Channel 7 (She's still the highest paid person on Aussie TV).

Her contract is with the Channel, and not Syco. The Channel themselves call her Aussie TV royalty, and I suspect that once her contract is up, then Channel 10 will start a bidding war for her services now she's back in Oz permanently, as they've already stated their disappointment in her being unable to follow AGT over to them due to her contractual obligations with Channel 7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand your scepticism, but she doesn't. She works for the Australian Channel 7 directly. She finished Australia's Got Talent after 6 years as Channel 10 bought the franchise from Syco, but she still had a year to run on a 2 year contract with Channel 7 (She's still the highest paid person on Aussie TV).

Her contract is with the Channel, and not Syco. The Channel themselves call her Aussie TV royalty, and I suspect that once her contract is up, then Channel 10 will start a bidding war for her services now she's back in Oz permanently, as they've already stated their disappointment in her being unable to follow AGT over to them due to her contractual obligations with Channel 7.

Fair enough, but why did Simon tell her what category she was mentoring in this year's Australian X Factor :confused:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalspy.co.uk%2Fshowbiz%2Fs137%2Fthe-x-factor-australia%2Fnews%2Fa486728%2Fdannii-minogue-simon-cowell-talk-for-first-time-in-years-on-aus-x-factor.html&ei=yF5LUq67FsTF7AayqoDoBA&usg=AFQjCNGiLNIgC1AOactPuCiK6G_1yvyUTA&sig2=I6nh5qepJvbAZj82MwCneA
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Of course she's 'still' talking about it, she's putting a book out and it's one of the topics that will help sell it.

And to be fair, Dannii also brought it up when she wrote her book so it's only fair that Sharon puts forward her version..other than that though it has been mostly silence from both sides for a long time.

Sharon gets a lot of stick on here for her mouth very often, but usually after the passing of time it does turn out that she was actually spot on. Steve Brookstein turning out to be an utter knob and her saying that Dannii wants to 'f***' Simon (since it's come out that they had a fling) being the two most obvious examples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you know Dannii personally?

As far as I know,Dannii hasnt spoken about her future plans yet. At the moment she is focusing on XF. Thats what she has said.

She doesnt really talk about Simon but yes he is involved in aussie xf. He has met the judges and the team since it started. He also mentions this in his book.

Dannii is a big supporter of 1D and xf in general.

The fling happened 6 years ago when both were single. Why sharon has a problem with that still is beyond me. Everybody has moved on so why cant she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I know,Dannii hasnt spoken about her future plans yet. At the moment she is focusing on XF. Thats what she has said.

She doesnt really talk about Simon but yes he is involved in aussie xf. He has met the judges and the team since it started. He also mentions this in his book.

Dannii is a big supporter of 1D and xf in general.

The fling happened 6 years ago when both were single. Why sharon has a problem with that still is beyond me. Everybody has moved on so why cant she?

Sharon says in her book that she had a problem with the way that Dannii was acting because of her fling with the boss.

To be fair to Sharon, she had been a judge on XF for 3 years before Dannii joined the panel. Then Simon starts sleeping with her, so Sharon must have felt like she was being pushed out.

A number of people have said on here about the way Dannii must have felt when Cheryl joined the panel in 2008, the way Simon was making a big fuss of her and how they felt for Dannii because she was being frozen out. Sharon must have felt the same, particularly if it's true that Dannii was openly flirting with Cowell and sticking her tongue in his ear (gross) :o

Cowell has a lot to answer for, he loves to stir it up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Let it go Sharon, its all in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon says in her book that she had a problem with the way that Dannii was acting because of her fling with the boss.

To be fair to Sharon, she had been a judge on XF for 3 years before Dannii joined the panel. Then Simon starts sleeping with her, so Sharon must have felt like she was being pushed out.

A number of people have said on here about the way Dannii must have felt when Cheryl joined the panel in 2008, the way Simon was making a big fuss of her and how they felt for Dannii because she was being frozen out. Sharon must have felt the same, particularly if it's true that Dannii was openly flirting with Cowell and sticking her tongue in his ear (gross) :o

Cowell has a lot to answer for, he loves to stir it up.

Yeah of course the idea of Cheryl was to stir it up again. But unfortunately for the producers Dannii didnt react like Sharon did.

And I agree, Simon enjoys pitching women up against each other. Media never critisize that. As I said above, he needs a good spanking. On BGT the ratings went uo when he was egged by a woman. Imagine if his TV angels did something. That would be TV gold :D
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Can she not let it go for one week? Dannii and Kylie's nan has just died. I doubt she really needs this at the moment. It just shows what a nasty and insensitive person Sharon is in my opinion

And a bitter twisted foul-mouthed harridan to boot.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah of course the idea of Cheryl was to stir it up again. But unfortunately for the producers Dannii didnt react like Sharon did.

And I agree, Simon enjoys pitching women up against each other. Media never critisize that. As I said above, he needs a good spanking. On BGT the ratings went uo when he was egged by a woman. Imagine if his TV angels did something. That would be TV gold :D

Cheryl was married when she joined X Factor, so the underlying tensions were never going to be there with Cheryl and Dannii as they were with Dannii and Sharon, because Cheryl wasn't sleeping with him.

But that does go some way to explain why Dannii remained on the panel instead of Sharon, to ensure that she kept quiet. If whatever happened between Dannii and Simon had never happened, I think she would've been given the boot and the series 5-8 panel would've been Simon, Cheryl, Sharon and Louis. Dannii herself has said Sharon was the star of the show, and shes sad that people think Dannii was the cause of her leaving.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Sharon is so demonic...she doesn't even have to dress up for the Halloween episode this year, her normal attire will cover it. I can't believe she would drag up the past especially after the recent trauma that Dannii is experiencing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Sharon is so demonic...she doesn't even have to dress up for the Halloween episode this year, her normal attire will cover it. I can't believe she would drag up the past especially after the recent trauma that Dannii is experiencing.

How would Sharon know about Dannii's gran?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll expand on what I already stated... Although Dannii's still working for the Cowell format, she's still works for, and is still contractually obligated to Channel 7. She neither works for him, nor either has a choice (up to a point) as to what programming that Channel 7 puts her into. I expect either Channel can't believe their luck that she's returned as a permanent resident after all these years, and I presume that they'll take full advantage of it as much as they can for any future programming.

As she is who she is in Oz, they've put her into their highest rating programme for this year, which just happens to be the X Factor due to her experience with the UK programme and her long time experience from the age of 7 on Australian TV. The Australian audience will connect to her immediately, and respect her knowledge.

Next year however, I would expect that there's going to be a bidding war kicking off between the 2 main channels. There was with Mel B, but Dannii is on another level. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May I ask why you're asking me this? However. I do know of her UK management, and I've been in the business for many years, so my guess would be better than most.

Also, I'm apothosising as to what the 2 main Australian TV Channels would do once Dannii was free of any contractual obligations (not Dannii herself or her Management), as I have no idea of her plans. I doubt even Dannii does at this stage...
  • Options
    Elle94Elle94 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    I love Sharon, I could never stand Danii, always thought she was a cow. Very unprofessional shagging the boss and flaunting it. The Sun are printing an excerpt from Sharons book. and of course they pounced on this spat.
    I agree with Sharon and am so glad sourfaced Minogue, who has no discernible talent bar her looks and shagging ability obviously, is gone.
    So what's Sharon's talents then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May I ask why you're asking me this? However. I do know of her UK management, and I've been in the business for many years, so my guess would be better than most.

Also, I'm apothosising as to what the 2 main Australian TV Channels would do once Dannii was free of any contractual obligations (not Dannii herself or her Management), as I have no idea of her plans. I doubt even Dannii does at this stage...

Because you said Dannii is back in oz permantly. She hasnt said that. She keeps quiet on future plans and when asked she says right now her focus is XF. She hasnt made it officially announced bt she left the family business earlier this year so from what Ive understood, that means she is free from her no 2 contract soon...

To comment on Dannii and Simon, I do miss their on screen chemistry cos it was real. Even Clifford says they had natural chemistry. Sharon herself works with her husband so it makes even less sense to me why she was upset with D&Ss relationship.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh please sharon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because you said Dannii is back in oz permantly. She hasnt said that. She keeps quiet on future plans and when asked she says right now her focus is XF. She hasnt made it officially announced bt she left the family business earlier this year so from what Ive understood, that means she is free from her no 2 contract soon...

To comment on Dannii and Simon, I do miss their on screen chemistry cos it was real. Even Clifford says they had natural chemistry. Sharon herself works with her husband so it makes even less sense to me why she was upset with D&Ss relationship.

She did state some time ago actually that she was returning full-time to Australia because of the future of her little little boy Ethan, and that she was staying in Melbourne for the foreseeable future. Which is why she sold everything in the UK even before her and Kris Smith split up... You also don't buy a house as your only residence in the world if you're not going to be permanently living there.

With regard to her TV contract. I was making an intelligent guess assuming that she's not going anywhere (by her own admission), and that both channels want her badly next year... She's not going to ignore a $million contract for her son's sake if for nothing else. Add to this that she has no ties now to the UK (although I'm sure she'll be back for BINTM), then how would you suggest that she earns money in Australia?

With regard to "KDB" (family business). That could simply be an accounting thing as that's what their father does. Who are we to know. She's still a part of "KDB" by the way, at the moment. Especially as the "D" stands for "Dannii". :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did state some time ago actually that she was returning full-time to Australia because of the future of her little little boy Ethan, and that she was staying in Melbourne for the foreseeable future. Which is why she sold everything in the UK even before her and Kris Smith split up... You also don't buy a house as your only residence in the world if you're not going to be permanently living there.

With regard to her TV contract. I was making an intelligent guess assuming that she's not going anywhere (by her own admission), and that both channels want her badly next year... She's not going to ignore a $million contract for her son's sake if for nothing else. Add to this that she has no ties now to the UK (although I'm sure she'll be back for BINTM), then how would you suggest that she earns money in Australia?

With regard to "KDB" (family business). That could simply be an accounting thing as that's what their father does. Who are we to know. She's still a part of "KDB" by the way, at the moment. Especially as the "D" stands for "Dannii". :)

She left dare note limited, I believe thats the business mostly controlled by Kylie? She left that in feb this year.
    I think Kylie also quietly mentioned that in this summers business report release.

Im not going to make any more comments on her future. Itll be what itll be. She has met ppl overseas for many different projects so time will tell. :)