the final result

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie was always good, but she never blew me away. Jessie had really bad performances but on some occasions was outstanding and tonight was one of those nights. I think Jodie was the best choice out of the 3 girls when taking everything (emotional maturity, acting etc etc) into account, but I do think Jessie is more unique/interesting to watch, and consistency won over star quality imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    She was delightful :)
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Travesty !!
  • MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loz2601 wrote: »
    Wrong result IMO - it came down to a choice between a consistently good performer and a sometimes spectacular, sometimes good performer.
    On the night, Jessie was superior, and was at various points throughout the series.
    However Jodie will play the part well and good luck to her.

Agreed. Undoubtedly Jodie was more consistant week after week, but while Jessie's had some really bad weeks; when she'd good she's absolutely brilliant. I understand that raises questions about her consistancy, but if tonight was the big test, she passed with flying colours. With the pressure well and truly on, Jessie was phenominal.

Surely that's the mark of a star? She's 18 and her talent's not polished, but that's exactly what they wanted and they said as much. Jodie's consistantly a 7.5/10. While that made her a strong contender on TV and I suspect her personality did the rest, Idon't think it makes her right for this role.

I suspect in this case the 'loser' will go on to greater things than the winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Hey, I have been a jessie doubter all series but I think that she was fabulous tonight :D
    She will make it long term with training :D
    JODIE - For me a star and I think that it is fabulous that a girl who would not have made it in conventional means will now be well deserved STAR - Fab baby, I am also grateful that this competition has introduced me to Sarah and Rachel - FAB XXX In all an end a fab series :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a good result. I wanted to see a west end production. Not a pantomime, the thing it will now be.
    Jodie was not good in her efforts of as long as he needs me. I was left feeling WTF. It didn't move me at all.
    Consistency is one thing, but I feel that Jessie would have made a much more convincing Nancy. Loved her singing as long as he needs me.

Yes jessie would be good - IF you happened to be one of the lucky ones who caught her on one of her good performances - shes so inconsistant, and does loads of bad performances alot of people wouldn't get a good show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    MiH wrote: »
    on the night, it was an absolute travesty. Jessie made Jodie look very average.

But over the strength of the whole series, it's less black & white. I still think Rachel was the strongest overall candidate, but Jodie close behind.

Hi Jodie is NOT average. In a perfect world, Rachel would have been Nancy and Jodie understudy and Jessie on their day off. Jodie will be FAB. Rachel will find herself in another production. Jesssie will fall over her own feet, realise that she's been a bufoon, grow up and eventually be amazing. She'll look back on Nancy as a starting point to her career ;)
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,620
    Forum Member
    Right result in my opinion, Jessie was good tonight and her ALAHNM was outstanding, better than Jodie's first go (though her second crack at it made me tingle).

However, I think ALW hit it on the head when he said that Jessie maintaining that level of performance for x number of shows a week would be impossible. IMO it showed that she had overexerted herself during ALAHNM because her final performance of the Man that Got Away was distinctly lacking and nowhere near as good as the first time she sang it. I also disagree that she outsang Jodie at all times, I thought all of jodie's other performances were the equal of, if not better than Jessie's.

Jessie will almost certainly have a great career ahead of her but I'm made up for Jodie and quite frankly it doesn't matter one bit whether the people voting have ever seen a theatre let alone been to a show because it was up to the public not theatre goers to pick (for the record, i voted for Jodie and have been to more theatre productions than I can count).

I also thought that Jodie wiped the floor with the other two in Maybe This Time - and Liza thought she was the best too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norah Bone wrote: »
    Hi Jodie is NOT average. In a perfect world, Rachel would have been Nancy and Jodie understudy and Jessie on their day off. Jodie will be FAB. Rachel will find herself in another production. Jesssie will fall over her own feet, realise that she's been a bufoon, grow up and eventually be amazing. She'll look back on Nancy as a starting point to her career ;)

I'm not saying Jodie's average, she's very good.

But Jessie made her look it tonight. She outclassed her in every single performance.
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    Right result in my opinion, Jessie was good tonight and her ALAHNM was outstanding, better than Jodie's first go (though her second crack at it made me tingle).

However, I think ALW hit it on the head when he said that Jessie maintaining that level of performance for x number of shows a week would be impossible. IMO it showed that she had overexerted herself during ALAHNM because her final performance of the Man that Got Away was distinctly lacking and nowhere near as good as the first time she sang it. I also disagree that she outsang Jodie at all times, I thought all of jodie's other performances were the equal of, if not better than Jessie's.

Jessie will almost certainly have a great career ahead of her but I'm made up for Jodie and quite frankly it doesn't matter one bit whether the people voting have ever seen a theatre let alone been to a show because it was up to the public not theatre goers to pick (for the record, i voted for Jodie and have been to more theatre productions than I can count).

Me too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.... I'm so glad Jodie won, now I won't have to sell my tickets for the opening night. Well done Jodie, you deserved to win. Can't wait to see you play Nancy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But Jessie made her look it tonight. She outclassed her in every single performance.

But tonight was one of any a few good nights for jessie - there have been just as meny bad weeks with her, occassionally great isn't good enough, she need training to become consistantly great, which, i am sure she will be in time.
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,620
    Forum Member

I so disagree, the first performances were much of a muchness, Jodie was just as good with the Oliver and I honestly think that Jessie was too tired after her ALAHNM to make much of a go of the Man that Got Away. Jessie's time will come but it is not now.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with someone elses comment...jessie was completely robbed. i've liked jessie from the start. but even i was surprised how..to quote the lord himself..'extraordinary' she was tonight. truly outperformed everyone involved. she's just got star quality and has such an involving way about her singing...that makes you hang on to every note. a real classic sound to her voice.
    and what more can you say when a pro says that 'she IS nancy'. she would of been great...but of course old joe public does it again. typical! poor jessie :(

though i'd rather it be jodie to take it away from her than sam. just didn't get what some others have been going on about with her. yes she's got a nice voice, not anywhere in jessie's league but nice all the same. and she was a good little mover etc..but was nothing outstanding. she was also quite samey in her delivery too. lots of nods, too much of this recent teenage type attitude that goes around these days (can imagine her doing a 'talk to the hand')...not the right sort of attitude for nancy.
    i'm pleased for jodie though. hope she makes it her own. she's got a lovely voice and can put on a good cockney accent :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    I so disagree, the first performances were much of a muchness, Jodie was just as good with the Oliver and I honestly think that Jessie was too tired after her ALAHNM to make much of a go of the Man that Got Away. Jessie's time will come but it is not now.

Jodie was solid. Jessie was inspired.

Massive difference all night. She blew away Sam too. And I'm no blind Jessie fanatic - I wanted Rachel to win and have always liked Jodie.

It was so obvious, ironically, when Jodie made her last performance after being announced the winner. THAT was a stunning performance, the kind of thing Jessie had been doing all night and a bit frustrating because it showed Jodie was capable of bringing the house down but hadn't found the inspiration/acting ability to convey it in that way when the pressure was on. Not that it mattered because she won anyway!

I'll grant Jessie was a bit subdued in her last sole 'The Man That Got Away' - the only time all night I thought she was even a notch below brilliant. But Jodie was subdued too. I think they both ran out of steam slightly there. Both.
  • shadyladyshadylady Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I thought it was quite interesting that Liza Minelli didn't have to tell Jodie how to perform.. she had to give tips to both Samantha and Jessie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Liked Jodie and Jessie to start with but Jessie started to give erratic performances whereaas Jodie sang consistently well.

What I would be interested in is seeing what the overall telephone vote split was - anyone know that or if it is ever published?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Tiffani wrote: »
    Jessie was robbed, unfortunately people voted for Jodie because of her personality and to get one over on Cameron and ALW. Jessie totally outsung Jodie on the night and deserved to win.

People voted for Jodie because she was the whole package. The look, the voice, the acting, the dancing, the consistency and the personality.

Jessie was fantastic tonight, but had been quite poor some weeks. Her acting, dancing and singing had been quite erratic and definitely substandard to Jodie's over the whole series.

Jodie singing ALAHNM at the end was quite stunning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People voted for Jodie because she was the whole package. The look, the voice, the acting, the dancing, the consistency and the personality.

Jessie was fantastic tonight, but had been quite poor some weeks. Her acting, dancing and singing had been quite erratic and definitely substandard to Jodie's over the whole series.

Jodie singing ALAHNM at the end was quite stunning.

Good post..................:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    The right result. Agree that Jessie performed better TONIGHT, however she was given good songs and stage management suited to her (ballads and a stool). Jodie's performance in the semi final and on other occasions was certainly superior to Jessie. Jessie's ALAHNM was better than Jodie's first but Jodies winning performance of ALAHNM surpassed both. Considering how the show was contrived to highlight Jessie and it was obvious to us the viewers that ALW and CM wanted Jessie it is truly a fantastic achievment for Jodie to win against these odds.

WELL DONE!
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat123 wrote: »
    NO!!! :o

I've bitched about Jessie for weeks. She irritated me with her movement, and annoyed me with her talking back. But tonight she brought tears to my eyes. She completely blew me away, Jodie still leaves me cold.

You see Jessie has the flame of Fame lol its rymes go me.:D
  • NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie was solid. Jessie was inspired.

Massive difference all night. She blew away Sam too. And I'm no blind Jessie fanatic - I wanted Rachel to win and have always liked Jodie.

It was so obvious, ironically, when Jodie made her last performance after being announced the winner. THAT was a stunning performance, the kind of thing Jessie had been doing all night and a bit frustrating because it showed Jodie was capable of bringing the house down but hadn't found the inspiration/acting ability to convey it in that way when the pressure was on. Not that it mattered because she won anyway!

I'll grant Jessie was a bit subdued in her last sole 'The Man That Got Away' - the only time all night I thought she was even a notch below brilliant. But Jodie was subdued too. I think they both ran out of steam slightly there. Both.

I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for Jodie to try and give her all during the evening's shows when (and Sam to a degree) when it was so much the 'Jessie Appreciation Night'.

I also think that accounts for her utter shock when she was announced the winner. If you keep getting told that someone else is more preferred for the role, you must begin to think yourself that everyone else is going to agree with that view.

Ultimately I think Jessie really raised her game last night - but she was also in safe territory with the songs/performances she gave (ie not much acting and not much movement required) and so she shone.

I do think that Jodie's ALAHNM after she was announced the winner was fantastic and agree with another poster that it eclipsed both earlier performances by either girl.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dreamer111 wrote: »
    The right result. Agree that Jessie performed better TONIGHT, however she was given good songs and stage management suited to her (ballads and a stool). Jodie's performance in the semi final and on other occasions was certainly superior to Jessie. Jessie's ALAHNM was better than Jodie's first but Jodies winning performance of ALAHNM surpassed both. Considering how the show was contrived to highlight Jessie and it was obvious to us the viewers that ALW and CM wanted Jessie it is truly a fantastic achievment for Jodie to win against these odds.

WELL DONE!

I agree. They pulled out all the stops to try and get Jessie to win. They gave her the best songchoices, the best choice of duet with their chosen favoured Oliver, giving Jodie the first spot for the fourth time this series and CM and ALW repeatedly stating that Jessie was their Nancy in the hope they could brainwash the public into voting for her.
    So happy that Jodie won against the odds and I hope she gets given a fair chance from CM despite the fact he clearly wanted someone else in the role. I thought he was quite ungracious last night too which soured the Jodie win a little.