What a lot of drama!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, I thought this series was pretty awesome, don't you?

You're favourite may not have won, but at least you now know they exist, lol! And of course, they will all get wonderful opportunities from this, I'm certain. I can't wait to see what's in their futures! (is that really sad? :o )

Anyway, just wanted to appreciate the show amidst all of the WW3 that's breaking out elsewhere in the forum. :)

Any favourite moments? General happy things? Moments that made you giggle, or cry, or go "wow!"?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    Well, I thought this series was pretty awesome, don't you?

You're favourite may not have won, but at least you now know they exist, lol! And of course, they will all get wonderful opportunities from this, I'm certain. I can't wait to see what's in their futures! (is that really sad? :o )

Anyway, just wanted to appreciate the show amidst all of the WW3 that's breaking out elsewhere in the forum. :)

Any favourite moments? General happy things? Moments that made you giggle, or cry, or go "wow!"?

Sarah in general? :p

Great thread, Jessamy. :) I've been lurking in my usual haunt all evening, due to WWIII as you've refered to it as :p

This series has been awesome. There have been blips, but the general standard of performances has been amazing. Every one of the Nancies deserved a place in the final 12, and the winner was very deserved. :)

Yay for positivity! :D I can't wait to see what happens to all of the final 12, and I'm sure I'll follow at least 2 of their careers wherever they may go!

*end cheesiness*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't end the cheesiness!

This thread should be like stilton :D

One of my favourite bits of the whole series was the other Nancy's faces after they showed the clip of young Sarah dancing :D Made me properly laugh out loud!

Oh and the whole "what can I do to excite you?" fiasco! I nearly choked to death!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely thread :)

I have absolutely loved this series, can't quite believe it's over.

My favourite moment has to be the Nancys and Olivers performing I'd Do Anything on the first live show - it's where it all started out! There have been loads of favourite moments though, so many performances stick in my mind, some funny comments from the judges and the Olivers have been fantastic. And I've really enjoyed watching some of the missions as well, especially the one with Ben! :o

I cried when Niamh and Samantha left and also when Rachel and Sarah were in the sing off - such a powerful performance. Got very tearful tonight when Jodie won, not a fan at all but her reaction was lovely and I was genuinely pleased for her. I also cried when the eight Olivers were selected because I felt awful for the other four boys.

I remember thinking 'Wow' when Jessie sang The Man That Got Away - coming from a non Jessie fan I was blown away. ALW has made some comments that made me think 'wow' but not always in a good way!

But this has been a brilliant series, it really has. And of course, the people on here have made it all the more exciting and enjoyable.

Here's to Amy, Cleo, Tara, Francesca, Keisha, Sarah, Ashley, Niamh, Rachel, Samantha, Jessie and Jodie; Gwion, Chester, Arthur, Kwayedza, Alexander, Harry, Laurence, Jonny, Joseph, Jordan and Sam - I'd Do Anything has been FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC! (it had to be done :o)
  • spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok my favourite moments.

Olivers singing Hard Knock Life/Give a Little Love

Sarah and Olivers singing Together

Any one of 5/6 Jessie performances.

Sarah saying something like "I'll get my coat" after the teapot VT.

Hairspray task - ok the kissing Ben task :o Rachel and Jodie going in for seconds!

Lee and the Olivers :)

DVO's face when Lee names Jodie as his favourite. Would have been even better if he'd named Samantha.

Sarah doing her Evening Standard pitch.

*a lot of Sarah moments in here I know*

Will think of some more.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaLaLaur wrote: »
    *end cheesiness*

Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*end cheesiness*

I like a bit of cheese. I like a lot of cheese! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Ah great thread, lovely too see positiveness! (is that a word?!)

Its been a great series, been some highs and lows but overall I have loved it, so much talent, its made me laugh, cry and scream, well done to Jodie and each and everyone of the other 12 for getting where they did. :)

I sobbed when Ashley and Rachel left, got tears in my eyes when Tara and Fran left, screamed when Sarah left. Laughed alot at Sarah and her teapot, Jodie being Jodie, Ashley being hilarious ect.

Favourite moments:- (alot of ashley, but i love her!)
    Ashley VT when she was telling the driver where to go
    Jodie's "Send In The Clowns"
    Ashley's ALAHNM
    Sarah's "Midnight Train To Georgia"
    All The Olivers and Nancy's performing "I'd Do Anything" on the first live show
    ALW face when Jessie sang "The Man That Got Away"
    Ash's "The Winner Takes It All"
    Hairspray task
    Rachel's "Cabaret"
    Ashley and Jodie's sock puppets!
    The "Oldies" trio of "Man I feel Like A Woman"
    Jodie's reaction to winning

Its been a great series and I wish Amy, Cleo, Tara, Fran, Kiesha, Sarah, Ashley, Niamh, Rachel, Sam, Jessie and of course Jodie all the best, and of course all the Olivers!
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie. wrote: »

Its been a great series and I wish Amy, Cleo, Tara, Fran, Kiesha, Sarah, Ashley, Niamh, Rachel, Jessie and of course Jodie all the best, and of course all the Olivers!

Not a Sam fan then?;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean. Jeeze, Jodie's won, yet there's still so much moodiness.

As for favourite bits, I'm only as good as the last show!

Graham to Cam (after jodie's been announced the winner):

"Are you happy with Jodie as Nancy"

Cam:

"I'm thrilled for Jodie"

That's a no then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Not a Sam fan then?;)

I didn't mean to miss her out, honestly. *Edits* I do think she is very talented and wish her all the best.
    Forum Member
    spider9 wrote: »
    Ok my favourite moments.

Olivers singing Hard Knock Life/Give a Little Love

Sarah and Olivers singing Together

Any one of 5/6 Jessie performances.

Sarah saying something like "I'll get my coat" after the teapot VT.

Hairspray task - ok the kissing Ben task :o Rachel and Jodie going in for seconds!

Lee and the Olivers :)

DVO's face when Lee names Jodie as his favourite. Would have been even better if he'd named Samantha.

Sarah doing her Evening Standard pitch.

*a lot of Sarah moments in here I know*

Will think of some more.

That's why I didn't post my list! Hahaha!

Okay- some of my favourite moments, here goes:

Jodie and Ashley's video diaries - the socks, the scones, Jodie's impersonation of Ashley (it actually still makes me laugh!)

Jodie's reaction to being put into the final 12. :D

Sarah's teapot VT; "Okay, I'm mental; I'll go home..."

Midnight Train To Georgia. :) (actually, all of Sarah's performances! :o)

Sarah and the Olivers singing Together (Wherever We Go)

Somebody To Love

As if We Never Said Goodbye :(

Jessie's cockney accent!

IDINA MENZEL! :eek: :D

The Nancies' reactions to John "hitting" the stunt man!

Rachel making me totally change my mind about her! :D

Viva Las Vegas!!!

The Hairspray task!

Gwion saying "I've come to London to make my fortune!" (My heart just melted. Lol! :))

The Olivers in general! (And the overanalysis on DS!)

Aah, so much! It's been a good 'un!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add more of mine as and when they come to me :D

Niamh missing the stunt guy with the bottle, then chasing after him with it

The video diary where Jessie sits on a pizza and Fran is in hysterical laughter

All Ashley/Jodie banter

Alexander describing the gruel as "like the River Thames"

Ben :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a nice thread! I'm trying to avoid all the kerfuffle going on elsewhere :o

I was off to bed but it's that time of Saturday night when I feel like I should be checking the Spolier thread! ;) Old habits die hard lol.

I can't think of all my favourite moments just yet, but there have been quite a few.

I think you're spot on about the best thing though - and that's discovering new really talented (and nice!) performers; a good few of whom (Fran, Sam, Niamh & Sarah) I will want to see in whatever they do next.

The whole series has also reminded me how much I love musical theatre and has introduced me to some songs and shows that I hadn't really known about before. It's going to cost me a fortune seeing everything I want to see next, but never mind! ;)

I have to say that Sam may not have won (:() but she did provide me with the some of the funniest moments of the show with her dead-pan one liners. "Cockiness doesn't get you anywhere" after the boat race and her reaction to Liza Minelli liking her shoes "That topped the whole experience off" spring to mind. Oh and the fact that in almost every VT she was eating chocolate :D

Performance of the series for me was Fran's 'Somebody To Love" (although I also loved Sam's 'Defying Gravity').
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot_Topics wrote: »
    What a nice thread! I'm trying to avoid all the kerfuffle going on elsewhere :o

I was off to bed but it's that time of Saturday night when I feel like I should be checking the Spolier thread! :o Old habits die hard lol.

I can't think of all my favourite moments just yet, but there have been quite a few.

I think you're spot on about the best thing though - and that's discovering new really talented (and nice!) performers; a good few of whom (Fran, Sam, Niamh & Sarah) I will want to see in whatever they do next.

The whole series has also reminded me how much I love musical theatre and has introduced me to some songs and shows that I hadn't really known about before. It's going to cost me a fortune seeing everything I want to see next, but never mind! ;)

I have to say that Sam may not have won (:() but she did provide me with the funniest moments of the show with her dead-pan one liners. "Cockiness doesn't get you anywhere" after the boat race and her reaction to Liza Minelli liking her shoes "That topped the whole experience off" spring to mind. Oh and the fact that in almost every VT she was eating chocolate :D
    Performance of the series for me was Fran's 'Somebody To Love" (although I also loved Sam's 'Defying Gravity').

Sam did seem to have quite a witty sense of humour! I can't think of any more examples...I'm sure there must be some.

Oh another favourite- Barry describing Sam as "reasonably attractive" LOL!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add some more then, everyone else is doing it :p

Arthur after recieving his scroll - "Well that was very surprising"

Niamh running with the bottle

ALW'S FACE :o

Jessie sitting on the pizza

BH - "You're reasonably attractive"

Jodie checking the man was okay in the stunt mission

Niamh's 'Wind Beneath My Wings' (just one of about 20 favourite performances!)

All the Oliver performances

Alexander - "It's like the River Thames"

Jessie - "What can I do to excite you John?"

More that I can't think of right now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Olivers in general! (And the overanalysis on DS!)

.... ;)....

I'm not sure what to think of this series. On the one hand, I was a bit cynical about the Nancys after my favourite had left and there were so many things that annoyed me about this show.

But on the other hand, I loved Sarah so much - like no other contestant on reality TV before! Her Together remains my favourite performance (for the heartwarming chemistry with the boys) but her Midnight Train to Georgia and Maybe This Time are also highlights. And her sing-off with Rachel is definitely the performance of the series for me. Just everything about her was lovable, like her crazy teapot, and she's probably the one girl who I'd not think of twice of paying to see.

And of course, the other aspect - I got really emotionally attached to 12 fantastic boys, They completely made the show for me, and I think it's because they got so little airtime that I got so interested - I never could get enough so had to resort to a lot of speculation and overanalysis! I'm still gutted that Chester and Alexander didn't get the part but I really like the final 3 and think they were the right choices. Loved Give a Little Love, Electricity, I Have a Dream, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Tomorrow, I'll Be There and Pie Jesu.... in fact, all of them, even Reach and Breaking Free. :p The duets were lovely, too. I think they are all little stars!

I'm pleased for Jodie - she was never my favourite but I think she was the most suited to the part after Sarah/Rachel left and I'm optimistic that she'll do a great job. Her reaction was so heartfelt!
    Forum Member
    Ashrell wrote: »
    .... ;)....

But on the other hand, I loved Sarah so much - like no other contestant on reality TV before! Her Together remains my favourite performance (for the heartwarming chemistry with the boys) but her Midnight Train to Georgia and Maybe This Time are also highlights. And her sing-off with Rachel is definitely the performance of the series for me. Just everything about her was lovable, like her crazy teapot, and she's probably the one girl who I'd not think of twice of paying to see.

Agreed. I've never been quite so attatched to a reality TV contestant before! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashrell wrote: »
    .... ;)....

I'm not sure what to think of this series. On the one hand, I was a bit cynical about the Nancys after my favourite had left and there were so many things that annoyed me about this show.

Loved Give a Little Love, Electricity, I Have a Dream, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Tomorrow, I'll Be There and Pie Jesu.... in fact, all of them, even Reach and Breaking Free. :p The duets were lovely, too. I think they are all little stars!

I know exactly what you mean - I became a lot more cynical about the show after Fran left and I heard what she had to say about it all in her exit interview. I was so annoyed at her being made to feel like she did as a result of the show.

On the other hand, I'm glad I got chance to see how fab she is - especially at 'proper' Musical Theatre songs and I'm sure she'll go on to great things which I'll hopefully get to see. I'm also really glad Sam made it to the final - especially after Fran left. I'm in the minority on this forum as a Sam supporter but I've loved watching her improve and grow in confidence each week.

How could I forget to mention the Oliver songs? :o 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' was one of the highlights of the series! Such a tricky song to perform but Niamh and Laurence were brilliant. I also loved Electricity - great song and that was the first time I worked out who was who (thanks to their names coming up when they sang!) and started to have favourites, although they're all stars of the future :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Hot_Topics wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean - I became a lot more cynical about the show after Fran left and I heard what she had to say about it all in her exit interview. I was so annoyed at her being made to feel like she did as a result of the show.

On the other hand, I'm glad I got chance to see how fab she is - especially at 'proper' Musical Theatre songs and I'm sure she'll go on to great things which I'll hopefully get to see. I'm also really glad Sam made it to the final - especially after Fran left. I'm in the minority on this forum as a Sam supporter but I've loved watching her improve and grow in confidence each week.

How could I forget to mention the Oliver songs? :o 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' was one of the highlights of the series! Such a tricky song to perform but Niamh and Laurence were brilliant. I also loved Electricity - great song and that was the first time I worked out who was who (thanks to their names coming up when they sang!) and started to have favourites, although they're all stars of the future :)

is her i/v available anywhere to view? it's not on the BBC's oliver website...
  • Golden anemoneGolden anemone Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stanlina wrote: »

And I haven't been able to find it on youtube.
    Forum Member
    stanlina wrote: »

It's disappeared into the obyss. :( Shame, because it was probably the most honest interview a contestant on one of these shows has ever given!
  • ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything about Sarah Lark She's a star! :D

and I also enjoyed all the group performances and ones with the Olivers!
  • supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Holly Oaks wrote: »

Here's to Amy, Cleo, Tara, Francesca, Keisha, Sarah, Ashley, Niamh, Rachel, Samantha, Jessie and Jodie; Gwion, Chester, Arthur, Kwayedza, Alexander, Harry, Laurence, Jonny, Joseph, Jordan and Sam - I'd Do Anything has been FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC! (it had to be done :o)

I have to agree with this!!
    The final 12 Nancys and the 12 Olivers have made me smile every Saturday night for the past 10 weeks!
    There have been amazingly brilliant times for us all, and although we may not all have supported Jodie, it's nice to recognise how brilliant she is! Ive loved the chats and general silliness on these threads! It may have even got a bit mental (not naming ANY names) sometimes! But I will NEEEEVEEEEER FOOOORRRGETTT the friendships made!

I look forward to seeing the 12 boys being leading men in the future and the Nancys being leading ladies now!

:D
  • supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Fave Moments

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah (going one better than JB :D )
    Ashley telling the Cabbie where to go!
    Jodies ALAHNM
    All of the Nancy Diaries - ' Im Jodie and I lost 365 stone in 4 days' :D
    Kissing Ben :o
    Daaaaanicing in the street!
    The Olivers - We could have been anything that we wanted to be!