Options

Faulty phone - if sent for repair.....

simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
Forum Member
✭✭
....are the networks obliged to offer you a substitute phone until the phone is fixed?
I am on the O2 online contract and have a Samsung E800. My phone keeps dropping calls, texts are not sending and I keep getting "searching" or "limited service" messages even though I have a few bars of signal on my phone. Also people keep getting through to my voicemail even though I have full signal and the O2 logo is present. I know this as I have tested it using my wifes phone.
Also the phone keeps switching off even though the battery is fully charged.

Comments

• Options
    lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....are the networks obliged to offer you a substitute phone until the phone is fixed?
    I am on the O2 online contract and have a Samsung E800. My phone keeps dropping calls, texts are not sending and I keep getting "searching" or "limited service" messages even though I have a few bars of signal on my phone. Also people keep getting through to my voicemail even though I have full signal and the O2 logo is present. I know this as I have tested it using my wifes phone.
    Also the phone keeps switching off even though the battery is fully charged.

I think we've crossed paths before in other threads

I'm having identical problems to you, infact right this minute I have no signal on my o2 E800 and full signal on my sisters o2 Motorla V600. I had to make an emergency call earlier (not 999/122 emergency, but to do with work) and my phone let me down, I had to use a pay phone which is stepping back a few years. Keeps saying Limited Service or No Service.

I don't think they are obligied to offer us subsititue phones - but I think the o2 shops loan all their customers a free handset whilst repairs are carried out - even if the handset wasn't originally brought from them.

I'm taking mine down tomorrow - remember to back your photos, phone book, ringtones etc. up because its highly likely theyll reset the phone and these will all be lost.

Let us know how it goes

Lee
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers Lee. I am taking mine in tomorrow. I have printed off some details from O2s website about reairing faulty phones in case they try and fob me off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where you taking it into?

I originally brought the handset from The Link...but I'm not going to even try and attempt taking it in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am taking it into the O2 shop in Bolton. I ordered mine direct from O2 on their website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK let me know how it goes

I'm heavily reliant on my mobile, so hopefully I get a temporary handset whilst its being worked on :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I have taken my phone in. It will be away for 7-10 days. Normally a phone is loaned but they had none in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took mine in to the o2 shop too, he said that alot of the same handsets had the same problem!

Got leant a Nokia 3410 for free which is nice of them, brand new one aswell hehe
  • Options
    bluetidebluetide Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know three are good at loan phones too(mostly because they would have had complaints as you cant use other handsets)at the mo they are loaning me a 808 but to get it i hade to sign my life awway basicaly saying i wont daeface the fone and its my resposablity and they reserve the right to charge me upto £200 if dammaged or stolen + also they reserve the right to keep your phone if not returned
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    When I took my phone back for repair through the O2 store they said there was a £60 deposit payable, but they were out of stock. My phone (nokia 3200) actually never arrived back from repair and I started getting arsey, so not only did O2 send me a nice fancie Nokie 6600 FOC, but also, 2 weeks later I got a brand new 3200 sent back to me from the phone fixer place.

O2 will also refund any line rental applicable for having to send your handset back for repair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm missing my E800 and its not even been a day yet! :'(