Options

Magic Disappearing Sky Movies

TalkTalk website says I'm subscribed to Sky By Wire Pack A (Sky Sports1,2,3 Extra & Sky Movies1)

All Sky Movies channels are inviting me to signup for 3 months half price

Whats going on?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I've just come on here as I'm getting a similar thing with ESPN. Basically I have that channel as my only add-on at a tenner a month but just now I can't access it, instead I get a page offering a special offer for ESPN with Sky Sports at half price for 3 months and then full price (£37) after that. Not a bad offer but Sky Sports is vastly over-priced IMHO and a fair bit out of my budget range.

I'm a bit worried that they aren't offering ESPN on its own any more but I've just been to my account to check all the add-ons and it appears they are. However, annoyingly from my TV there isn't any "ESPN only" option on the main page, it's just a slightly scary "buy now" with the ESPN/Sky Sports and ESPN/Sky Sports & Movies offers only. So I'm a bit scared to go any further, will give them a ring in the morning to see what's happening before I do anything I think.

Not really the best way of going about this, seems a bit of a hard-sell. At best I'm without ESPN for tonight, at worst I've been priced out of it. Have to wait and see but all a bit abrupt and un-user friendly this. If they're still offering ESPN on its own then a simple "remain as you are" option on the facing screen isn't too much to ask to stop me (and others I suspect) from fretting and jamming their phone lines tomorrow, whilst missing a favourite channel for a period.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Like you I have the skybywire package of movies and all sky sports channels-and my account page states that i still do.
    Today, I have only sky sports 1, and no movies.

Who are they to decide which channels I receive if they unilaterally decide to amend my package? Presumably this isn't legal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I couldn't resist a look at the "buy now" page with that ESPN problem....it takes you to a menu where there are only 2 options, which are Sky Sports and Sky Sports + Movies, no mention of ESPN at all! The prices it quoted are those without ESPN so I don't think it's just missed off the package title.

Just a real mess all of this. Fortunately there's nothing I particularly want to see on ESPN tonight. However I do have some basketball recorded from last night and it won't even let me watch that! Same menu screen comes up. A recorded show that I can't watch!!!! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've had this issue resolved now - my ESPN is back as a stand-alone channel, been advised via TT's own forum pages that likely just a configuration error at their end. Hopefully same with you guys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

There were some configuration issues on our side - accept our apologies, if this hasn't rectified itself, reboot the box and all should be fine,

Kind Regards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I guess I just assumed that the dreaded "alignment" had kicked it, it being the 1st of a month.
    Thanks Chris in particular for keeping an eye out.

Cheers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I got home tonight to find that my Tiscali+ box is now refusing to even start, I get a helpful message telling me to turn it off and on again due to

"Failed to download service file"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PM me your number - will it not power up at all? Have you tried completely powering down at the mains and re-booting?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I restarted the router to get a different IP - seems to have done the trick - I keep running speed tests though and getting some pretty large variations in speed.

Must say the techsupport guys did a bang up job of answering completely the wrong questions, have a look at 100301-002370 if you want a laugh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glad to hear to it did the trick - as I did'nt get your number.

Regards