Sky Player on xbox360

Anyone got this working yet? Every time i try, it tells me it cant connect to the service.

Comments

• wasdonkeywasdonkey Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Rubbish isn't it?!

Not enough testing I think. I called them up this morning to report my error code and the girl on the phone said they'd had hundreds of calls. She said the servers had been up and down all morning due to heavy demand (I guess everyone saw it and gave it a try).

The furthest i got was to the login screen.

It's since been removed.

Come on Sky, great idea, better execution needed! Can't wait.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Sky ahould perhaps get this running on their own boxes first before trying to run it on other peoples hardware.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I havent even got that far. They pulled it before I got the update. Any word on when the roll out of this will be? Getting info is tough
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One week later and still nothing, great product launch Sky!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »
    One week later and still nothing, great product launch Sky!

And they're still advertising it!
  • pete1pete1 Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I bought an x-box today and connected it up to my BT hub. All working with no problems apart from non-automatic switching to 4:3 with the HDMI lead. Certainly no more problems than self-install BT vision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have. It works properly, it's just complete rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete1 wrote: »
    I bought an x-box today and connected it up to my BT hub. All working with no problems apart from non-automatic switching to 4:3 with the HDMI lead. Certainly no more problems than self-install BT vision.

I thought HDMI was not suppost to auto switch to 4:3 - or am i wrong on this? Isn't it 16:9 by default?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know loads of people have had bad experiences, but I watched the cricket the other day on Sky Player and it was perfect, saying that I haven't used it for much else... There's a 'service issues' forum on their blog, I've had a look at when I was setting it up, hope that helps.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Living and Bravo channels have now been added to Sky Player (On demand only, no live streaming)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    and Sky 1 live and on-demand
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Movies Premier coming soon.

Live stream of Living and Bravo to follow, apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    i took the 3month trial.

cancelled as it was awful quality, customer service was p*ss poor too.

weeknight football only ever worked on the sub 800kps stream and was awful to look at. was always a case of the service would work great until a game started and it would start to work better after the games finished.

i wouldn't reccomend it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    well im a big fan.
    works well for me pretty much 90% of time - if not i just swap to a lower quality stream
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    i managed to get another trial set up.

whilst i appreciate you can get it running on the lower quality streams blippa - it's not good enough IMO for the full price they charge. on a discounted trial price it's worth it.

was running it last night for Prem football for 20-30mins. first time it actually worked on the high setting without constant buffering.

the real test is when there are big midweek games on (top of the table Prem or Champs league). i'll be re-testing the service and commenting as/when possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    what sort of prices are you looking at on the trial? I am interested in getting this for Sky 1 only really but not sure how much it costs?
    I am in the process of leaving sky so will prob have to pay more.
    Thanks