Any way to use (non +) system without a remote?

Our toddler has hidden the remote somewhere and I can't for the life of me find it.. the system has now timed out as I hadn't changed channels for more than 10 minutes - sorry, 2 hours.. In the Night Garden is a huge part of the bedtime routine.. HELP! Is there any way I can use it with no remote?

Comments

• ethelethel Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    McScream wrote: »
    Our toddler has hidden the remote somewhere and I can't for the life of me find it.. the system has now timed out as I hadn't changed channels for more than 10 minutes - sorry, 2 hours.. In the Night Garden is a huge part of the bedtime routine.. HELP! Is there any way I can use it with no remote?

I'm afraid that if the standard box is anything like the Plus version then you're a bit stuck as there aren't any controls other than the big on/off switch at the back.

You could try switching it off using that switch and hope it comes back on on the correct channel but I doubt very much that that will fix things.

The other option might be to get hold of a 'one-for-all' style 'learning' remote and use that until the original shows up although I'm afraid I don't know how compatible these things are.

The longer term option might be to request a new remote from TTTV or buy some In The Night Garden DVDs (we have just such a supply in case of emergencies like this ;) ) or have a hunt round Youtube for episodes if things are desperate. :D

Good luck anyway - hope your remote shows up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I use a logitech remote, programmed from the internet (so no learning required) But they're about £60, so asking for a new remote from TalkTalk is probably the cheaper and best option. I can also control the box via slingbox, but again, I guess not an ideal solution!!!
  • ethelethel Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Hello McScream,

Did you ever find the remote then, or did you get a replacement..?

:)