Options

Pakistan's Streets Of Shame

montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just received an email from Digiguide about this documentary which is about the sexual abuse of children In Pakistan. It should be quite interesting in light of recent events, but I wonder how long Channel 4 have been waiting to show this as the timing seems a bit coincidental.

It's on C4 Monday 1st September 23:00.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could take a camera crew to any 3rd world country and make such a documentary.

You could have filmed it live in the BBC's own studios over the course of about 30 years in Jimmy Saville's dressing room!!
  • Options
    renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timing seems a bit coincidental..

I thought that as well!
  • Options
    renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could take a camera crew to any 3rd world country and make such a documentary.

You could have filmed it live in the BBC's own studios over the course of about 30 years in Jimmy Saville's dressing room!!

...and it would have been called "Savile's Room of Shame."
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    I dont get it some Asian men abused some kids yet an entire community is blamed.. are they like the Start Trek borg where everyone knows whats going on ?
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was reading about this programme last week, apparently in a survey one third of Pakistani men don't think sex with an underage boy is bad, with many blaming the boys. Also 90% of Pakistan's street boys have been sexually abused, shocking statistics!
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

Blimey. Whataboutery in the very first response. Got to be some kind of record. :p