Assassin's Creed Rogue

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Ubisoft aren't ruling out a PS4/XB1 remaster of this game which I hope happens.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Apparently Ubisoft aren't ruling out a PS4/XB1 remaster of this game which I hope happens.

I wonder if it's sales dependent?
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I wonder if it's sales dependent?

Personally I think its a given whatever the sales. If a Unity sequel is due Christmas 2015 I can see this coming in the quiet months of summer 2015, if a Unity sequel is going to take longer it will be the PS4/XB1 AC game for next year.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have seen a few gameplay trailers of this now and not sure how good it's going to be.

Some of the arctic bits look interesting but a lot of it just looked like Black Flag with a different skin and a few bits from AC3.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have seen a few gameplay trailers of this now and not sure how good it's going to be.

Some of the arctic bits look interesting but a lot of it just looked like Black Flag with a different skin and a few bits from AC3.

So it's going to be awesome then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    So it's going to be awesome then :D

I meant it looks like they've re-hashed a load of stuff from earlier games and given it a slightly different story.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant it looks like they've re-hashed a load of stuff from earlier games and given it a slightly different story.

Yeah, agree. This looks very much like a very long Black Flag DLC which is fine as long as it's good and fills in some gaps. In fact, in ACIII it was said the American Brotherhood had fallen before Connor came along and revived it. Perhaps this Cormac guy is the reason why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Yeah, agree. This looks very much like a very long Black Flag DLC which is fine as long as it's good and fills in some gaps. In fact, in ACIII it was said the American Brotherhood had fallen before Connor came along and revived it. Perhaps this Cormac guy is the reason why.

I think that is rather likely. Or something to do with Haytham.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Kinda gutted haytham isn't younger would have been good to see him go to the dark side so to speak in the wake of Edwards death and become the character we know in ac3 or even have him as the central character after all he is a assassin turn Templar too... Over all like the look of the game yes it looks like they have popped new graphics and a few new elements and mechanics onto black flags engine but if it ain't broke don't fix it, if it is the last ac on the last gen makes sense to perfect an existing game engine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda gutted haytham isn't younger would have been good to see him go to the dark side so to speak in the wake of Edwards death and become the character we know in ac3 or even have him as the central character after all he is a assassin turn Templar too... Over all like the look of the game yes it looks like they have popped new graphics and a few new elements and mechanics onto black flags engine but if it ain't broke don't fix it, if it is the last ac on the last gen makes sense to perfect an existing game engine

It probably would have made more sense to have Rogue as the story of Haytham up to the beginning of AC3 rather than have him as a side character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen more gameplay for this and read how the story is going to lead in to Unity i'm really looking forward to it. Think I'll pre-order to get on the day and get it completed ready for Unity!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All i want is gaps filled until I pick up a current gen system next year. From what I've seen so far it looks pretty decent at least worth a play through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the ship battles - it was a great mix of the classic AC and something different with different skills required.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New 20 minute gameplay vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuu1dyzgtmU
  • Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »

I have to say I'm really looking forward to Rogue as well as Unity this year. I know Rogue is technically filler but I'm intrigued to see what it's like to be a Templar after so long battling them. This just amps up my excitement!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the AC series so it's a no brainer for me to pick this up it does look interesting from the vids I've seen of it. Apparently there's a present day segment in the game as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gameplay story trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-dgUPQVnv0

More gameplay and commentary from two guys who have played it. WARNING: Negativity alert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOcsPw7F9SY

Still not convinced it's anything other than a DLC filler but these clips are a little bit better. I am encouraged by the comments about how its unapologetic in its Assassins vs Templar dynamic which is great. However, I am a bit concerned regarding what they said about Unity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer on the xbox live dashboard looks interesting seems to be a lot more focused towards the story of how conner became the assassin and not the present day rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    The trailer on the xbox live dashboard looks interesting seems to be a lot more focused towards the story of how conner became the assassin and not the present day rubbish.

Arno, my love. :D
    I actually like the present day story line although I realise I'm in he minority...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it boring to be honest always want to just get back to the proper meat of the game. I'm liking the look of this though might be a filler title but it looks to be focusing on the actual story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trophy list for Rogue (if its real) mentions modern day parts, so I'm bringing one of you guys good news :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    The trophy list for Rogue (if its real) mentions modern day parts, so I'm bringing one of you guys good news :D

I wish they would get rid of the modern parts. They really break up the pace and momentum. In a really bad way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I feel exactly the same it does break up momentum it's just a grind getting through all the nonsense to get back to the core of the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Yeah I feel exactly the same it does break up momentum it's just a grind getting through all the nonsense to get back to the core of the game.

4 story based trophies based in modern day and one about fixing computers. Groan.