Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning , the start of another lovely day, and an exciting one too, booking seats,looking up seat plans , and crossing fingers !!!!.I am off shopping because I wont have time tomorrow as I will at the the front of the box office waiting to get our tickets. So I will see you later.
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    I cannot blame Artem for doing the Las Vegas show. He knows all the people involved and is probably looking forward to dancing with the professional dancers from DWTS. Especially after dancing with Nancy for weeks.

Let's hope he and Kara get lots of quiet time together once she has finished AF. Wherever they practise for the tour they will be together.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I cannot blame Artem for doing the Las Vegas show. He knows all the people involved and is probably looking forward to dancing with the professional dancers from DWTS. Especially after dancing with Nancy for weeks.

Let's hope he and Kara get lots of quiet time together once she has finished AF. Wherever they practise for the tour they will be together.:)

i think its wonderful for him, it proves he is still as popular in the states as well which for his profession is very important i think, he can't exist on SCD every year can he, and Jason is an amazing choreographer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    BJgirl wrote: »
    i think its wonderful for him, it proves he is still as popular in the states as well which for his profession is very important i think, he can't exist on SCD every year can he, and Jason is an amazing choreographer

I think this is great news for him going to work in vegas with Jason and the tour but as he doesnt start it until 12th april do u think he will get the chance to come back over here until then with the jet lag thing and visas etc?:):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't suppose Artem will get home before the Vegas show, as there must be rehearsal up until the show starts.
    Forum Member
    So pleased a lot of us were able to get tickets yesterday. Richard Curwen was caught napping again thanks to super sleuths wliag43 and Tipi.

I am curious how they are going to fill a whole evening. The show starts at 7.00 pm. I can only assume the singers will have their own slots. Would be nice if a few of the other Strictly dancers could make the odd appearance. Especially people like Brendan who will be kicking his heels until Strictly in the Park and the new series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant for Artem, a real showcase is the Vegas show. He needs to work we know that, SCD is a small part really when you think about his professional career as a whole. Just hope Kara can go over and see him in the show plus have a holiday in the sunshine.:)
  • wliag43wliag43 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like everyone else very happy for Artem doing the Vegas show.He's definitely made the right connections along the way and good luck to him. Hopefully Kara will be able to join him for the much needed rehearsal time.

Going to check ticket sites again today but think I might have to wait till tomorrow!!
  • dollysiddollysid Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wliag43 wrote: »
    Like everyone else very happy for Artem doing the Vegas show.He's definitely made the right connections along the way and good luck to him. Hopefully Kara will be able to join him for the much needed rehearsal time.

Going to check ticket sites again today but think I might have to wait till tomorrow!!

Artem obviously isn't asleep it's 4.45 in USA and when I popped on Facebook just now his light was on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dollysid wrote: »
    Artem obviously isn't asleep it's 4.45 in USA and when I popped on Facebook just now his light was on!

Is it today he's due to leave...he could be packing ;)
    Forum Member

if he comes back :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I am pleased for Artem I can't help being a bit concerned. He has been prone to injury and doing 8 shows a week in LV for a month and then with just over two weeks gap starting a tour is quite a lot.
    Fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose his coming back today depends on whether this LV gig was planned in advance or whether it has just happened.
    I daresay it will all become clear over the next few days.:rolleyes:

right back off to work back later x
    Forum Member
    :d:d:d
    Forum Member
    Jaclyn Spencer ‏ @StrictlyJacijax

Loved the screening of #strictly final in 3d this morning! :) fab to see the team again :) (and missed the ones who couldn't make it...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dollysid wrote: »
    Although I am pleased for Artem I can't help being a bit concerned. He has been prone to injury and doing 8 shows a week in LV for a month and then with just over two weeks gap starting a tour is quite a lot.
    Fingers crossed.

He'll be back - he's the terminator after all!!! ;)

The only really serious injury was to his back, so as long as that is not troubling him,he'll be fine.
    Forum Member
    Hard to believe the show is really happening. Really looking forward to seeing them dance together again. Kara and Artem have so many positive things to look forward to together.
    Forum Member
    Hard to believe the show is really happening. Really looking forward to seeing them dance together again. Kara and Artem have so many positive things to look forward to together.

It also shows what confidence he has in her to be able to hold a whole dancing show together, she will be the only amateur with 3 professionals, which must feel a bit daunting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also shows what confidence he has in her to be able to hold a whole dancing show together, she will be the only amateur with 3 professionals, which must feel a bit daunting

She might be the amateur but all the judges said she danced to a professional level. Great accolade to her and Artem from the BBC, as they wouldn't put their name to a tour if they didn't think Kara was capable. At least on this tour, they won't be stifled by the restraints of the tv show and we'll see more fantastic dances. :)
    Forum Member
    She might be the amateur but all the judges said she danced to a professional level. Great accolade to her and Artem from the BBC, as they wouldn't put their name to a tour if they didn't think Kara was capable. At least on this tour, they won't be stifled by the restraints of the tv show and we'll see more fantastic dances. :)

oh no i agree but she must feel a little anxious about it bless her, she did dance like a pro on so many occasions it WAS the most amazing series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone said Kara had all the movement & musicality of a professional and with Artem her dancing just went to a different level (quote from the Master). :)
    He will be exhausted doing the Vegas shows but I reckon he will love it. Know he has appeared on Broadway etc not sure if he's performed in LV before, any one know?
    Imagine Kara might join him there for a break - and to rehearse some dance routines. In this heat I am exhausted just thinking about it.:)
    Forum Member
    KAbell wrote: »
    Everyone said Kara had all the movement & musicality of a professional and with Artem her dancing just went to a different level (quote from the Master). :)
    He will be exhausted doing the Vegas shows but I reckon he will love it. Know he has appeared on Broadway etc not sure if he's performed in LV before, any one know?
    Imagine Kara might join him there for a break - and to rehearse some dance routines. In this heat I am exhausted just thinking about it.:)

hope she does join him there she could do with some sunshine, but suspect there may be a bit of tv work for them all to do promoting the tour, usually is isn't there, so lets hope fingers crossed he is around for some promotional work as well:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope she does join him there she could do with some sunshine, but suspect there may be a bit of tv work for them all to do promoting the tour, usually is isn't there, so lets hope fingers crossed he is around for some promotional work as well:D
    I think they must do some work to promote the tour, would not be the same without Artem being there though......;)
    What a guy he is to work but I guess he has to do it. Wonder how much it would cost to go to Vegas....I know in my dreams again!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Artem helping Jason Gilkison with the choreography for SYTYCD US last year? I seem to remember seeing a video of Jason teaching some of the contestants. We had a fleeting glimpse of Artem. This is just a theory but maybe Artem still feels guilty about leaving Burn the Floor so abruptly and joining Strictly. Jason was Choreographer and Director for Burn the Floor. Artem was sent back to the US for a short time because he was in danger of breaching the Visa rules. Something to do with the number of hours he could work outside of Strictly. Whatever the reason for him joining DWTS Las Vegas, I am sure it will be getting back to the level of dancing he is used to and it will certainly be money in the bank. Artem knows Strictly don't even tell the dancers until about May/June whether they will have a contract for the next series. Mind you there will be a hue and cry from his fans if he wasn't offered a contract.

Found the vid on Youtube. A couple of glimpses of Artem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj5cInzFRHo
This discussion has been closed.