Options

it's the end for Amy+Rory, but is/should it be the end for the Pond's?

sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There's been lots of people on here talking about Brian and how he'll never know what happened to his son his daughter in law. I really think that, maybe 2 or 3 episodes into series 7.2 when the Doctor's travelling with JLC, he should bump into him, and have to explain what happened. It would be so good, and everyone seemed to love Brian.

Also, River HAS to come back. She just has to. Sorry, but she must. Amy+Rory's story may be over, but their daughters isnt yet. We need to see her go to Derillium, it would just be, aaaaaah

Comments

• Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian coming back I have no problem with, River just drives me mad, thinking about it she was one of the main reasons why I didn't enjoy last night's episode as much as I hoped I would.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's a given that River will return. They wouldn't just leave her arc unfinished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River will be back, she'd due a 'finale' of her own after all this time
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    sohoguy wrote: »
    River will be back, she'd due a 'finale' of her own after all this time

Though her début was her finale

i do think the last we see of her will be leaving to go to the library laving The Doctor crying as he knows there is nothing he can do about it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River MUST be back would love for some Alex/Jenna action....and i long for Jack to be in a future episode too...Matt,Jenna,Alex,John must happen...especially with Oswins bisexual allusion, Rivers insinuations of lesbian affilations and Jack....being Jack ;)....just imagine it!

And Brian i do feel will be back also...i mean for this drawing alone...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb4meq8Auq1qfe7z2o1_500.jpg

:(
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say it's a given that River will return. They wouldn't just leave her arc unfinished.

It's not really unfinished though, we've known all along she has plenty of off-screen adventures with the Doctor and that the 11th Doctor takes her to the Singing Towers just before she ends up going to the Library. Now she's a Professor, that time may not be far off, so it's perfectly plausible that we won't see River onscreen again.

That said though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she does pop up again, and I wouldn't mind in the slightest. I would think she'll at least be mentioned, as will Amy and Rory, at some point in 7.2, and she'll probably be back for the anniversary.

I highly doubt Brian will appear again though.
  • Options
    owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think it should be the end for the Ponds. The only thing they should be brought back for is a short, few seconds scene of their new life in Manhattan. Just a glimpse of them walking down a busy street, hand in hand and laughing, will do me.:)

That should have been included in the episode before it faded to little Amy and then the credits. So we could have actually seen they were happy and weren't put back into the hotel.
  • Options
    sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last scene in power of 3, as well as setting it up for Amy+Rory's goodbye, just seemed to be setting up a return for Brian. I really hope he comes back
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure we'll see River again... As far as I can tell, the Doctor hasn't given her the sonic screwdriver she has in the Library yet. I suspect when that happens, we'll be near the end of River's time on the show....
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please, no more Ponds, their time is over, time to move on. They were in it too long as it was.

I'd like to see River back for one more story just to wrap things up and join it up with the library story but after that she too should go. The show has to move on from the whole Amy and Rory thing and the sooner River's story is told the better it'll be. It's been dragging on for too long as well, since Series 4. Time to finish it asap!

:)
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the end of River, the end is when The Doctor is sad with her and she doesn't know why (As the story is told in the Library). It's likely leading to a breakdown of the Doctor, Amy and Rory are gone and now can't stop his wife from dying either... because of his inability to solve the problem he hasn't stop anyone's death and could tie in with the Fall of the 11th. Then again much like River, both Rory and Amy's deaths aren't final when thought about.

However it will end with River