Options

how do a put music on my phone

playmeplayme Posts: 1,684
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi i am a complete div when it comes to this but can anyone help
i want to be able to to play music on my phone i have a nec616 on three
i have some songs on my media player on my pc and want to know how i put them on my phone
im not a very technical person so if some one knows how to do it could they please explain it to me very simply :eek:

Comments

• Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are four ways that I know of:

1) Data Cable: A direct connection between your phone and PC, simular to a USB cable and allows yo to transfer files.

2) Infrared: Connects your PC to your phone the same way a remote control works. This is slow though.

3) Bluetooth: One of the most popular ways that is fast and wireless.

4) Email or WAP: Email the files to your phone or upload them to a WAP site. This can be expensive though because of data transfer costs.

Your phone may not support all of these connection options so I'd find out before you buy anything.

Hope this helps :).
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately 3 have cobbled your phone.

The only way to transfer MP3 (not .wmv) to the phone is using the cable and software supplied with the phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stuck the disk in and data cable fiddled about a bit managed to download a song to my mobile well pleased but how do you convert nornal music files to mp3 :)
  • Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ Converts pretty much audio file to mp3 and vice versa and its free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks mate will try that tommorrow as had to many beers tonite thankyou very much for your help and will let u know of the results tommorrow :)
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prking wrote:
    Unfortunately 3 have cobbled your phone.

The only way to transfer MP3 (not .wmv) to the phone is using the cable and software supplied with the phone.

The e313 let you play wma files as i used to put them on it! All my files are now mp3 now as i transferred them to a cd-rw disk and then back on as mp3 files in realplayer which makes me be able to play them on my motorola E398 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks to everyone for there help now have a couple of tracks on my phone will need to get a memory card if want more but well pleased :)
  • Options
    dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    playme, email me, I have the KFC ringtone for you :)